Wrinkles are related to aging; however, they can be the result of environmental factors or weight loss. They can ruin your beauty and occur anywhere on the face – around the eyes, around the mouth, and forehead furrows. Apart from facial creams, facelifts, and Botox, there are also multiple natural ways to decrease the appearance of wrinkles. Coconut oil is one of such methods, which offers various health benefits such as hair and skin care, metabolism, dental care, and weight loss. It is also useful, natural, and entirely safe. Now read on Beauty Talk to discover more about the best ways to use coconut oil for wrinkles on forehead, under eyes, and around mouth.
- How To Get Rid Of Wrinkles Above Your Lips Naturally
- Bad Beauty Habits That Are Giving You Wrinkles
- Beauty Benefits Of Coconut Oil For Skin, Hair, And Uses
- Best Ways To Use Coconut Oil For Dry Skin Relief
10 Recipes Of Using Coconut Oil For Wrinkles On Forehead, Eyes, & Mouth
Does Coconut Oil Help To Remove Wrinkles?
Thanks to its antioxidants, coconut oil can fight the free radicals damaging the skin and causing wrinkles. OrganicFacts.net shows that coconut oil is an excellent massage oil for the skin and works as a useful moisturizer for all types of skin. It prevents the formation of wrinkles and fine lines by moisturizing the skin. Along with that, it is also a rich source of vitamins A, E, and essential proteins that promote the collagen production to keep the skin supple and firm. It also helps to soften the skin, as it is a natural emollient. Furthermore, it maintains the connective tissues of the skin, preventing wrinkles and sagging while repairing damaged skin.
How To Use Coconut Oil For Wrinkles?
1. Only Coconut Oil For Wrinkles
Massaging coconut oil into the skin nightly before bedtime will help to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, and premature aging. It also soothes the skin and moisturizes it. See how to use castor oil for wrinkles treatment.
- Virgin coconut oil – few drops
- Firstly, you need to clean your face and use cool water to rinse it. Then, pat dry.
- After that, take the coconut oil on the fingertips and apply on your affected areas.
- Gently massage for a couple of minutes in circular motions.
- Leave your application on overnight.
- Follow this process nightly before hitting the bed.
2. Turmeric And Coconut Oil For Wrinkles
Turmeric is an excellent ingredient that has many uses including removing acne scars, wrinkles, and blemishes. Besides, it has the ability to protect the skin from free radical damage due to its antioxidants. Along with that, it also promotes the production of collagen in the skin.
- Virgin coconut oil – 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder – 1 pinch
- To the coconut oil, add the turmeric powder and mix well.
- Then, apply this mixture on your affected areas and rinse the application off with water after 15 to 20 minutes.
- Repeat this process once every day.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar & Coconut Oil For Wrinkles
Apple cider vinegar contains the moisturizing property, which helps hydrate the skin to prevent the formation of wrinkles. It also supports the collagen and elastin production to decrease the appearance of wrinkles. Besides, ACV also consists of the pH balancing property that aids in reducing the fine lines, making the skin attain a youthful appearance.
- Virgin coconut oil – a few drops
- Apple cider vinegar – 1 tablespoon
- Water – 1 tablespoon
- Dilute the apple cider vinegar with water.
- Apply this mixture to your face with a cotton ball and allow it to dry naturally.
- Use the coconut oil to massage your face.
- Keep the oil on all night.
- Use this remedy nightly for best results.
4. Honey And Coconut Oil For Wrinkles
Honey is helpful for moisturizing the top layers of the skin since it’s a natural humectant. This extra moisture improves the appearance of wrinkles. The antioxidants present in honey help to heal the damaged skin. This will help remove the wrinkles and give the skin a beautiful glow.
- Organic coconut oil – 1 tablespoon
- Raw honey – ½ teaspoon
- Mix the honey and oil.
- Start applying this mixture to your wrinkles.
- After about 60 minutes, use water to rinse it off.
- Follow this method once daily.
5. Coconut Oil And Castor Oil For Wrinkles
Castor oil contains remarkable properties, which can cure wrinkles developing as a result of stress, dry skin, and aging. It also comes with anti-inflammatory components and antioxidants. Furthermore, it keeps the skin youthful and supple without any wrinkle and fine line.
- Organic coconut oil – 2 to 3 drops
- Castor oil – 2 to 3 drops
- Combine the coconut oil with castor oil.
- Massage your face gently with this blend.
- Leave the application on for as long as you can.
- Do this process daily to combat wrinkles.
6. Lemon Juice And Coconut Oil For Wrinkles
Lemon juice is useful for enhancing the skin’s elasticity and reducing wrinkles, as it is rich in vitamin C. Plus, it contains the acidity that helps lighten the skin and decrease fine lines. Apart from that, it helps to repair the damage caused due to pollution and sun exposure.
- Virgin coconut oil – 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice – several drops
- Raw milk – 1 teaspoon
- Mix the milk and lemon juice until the milk curdles.
- Then, to it, add the coconut oil and mix well.
- After that, you apply this mixture on the affected areas and massage for three minutes.
- Rinse it off after 15 minutes.
- Reapply daily.
7. Vitamin E And Coconut Oil For Wrinkles
Vitamin E helps to remove the unhealthy dryness, which can be a cause of the fine lines and wrinkles. It additionally contains tocopherol, an antioxidant, which stimulates the production of collagen in the skin and reduces the appearance of the fine lines and wrinkles.
- Vitamin E capsule – 1
- Organic coconut oil – a few drops
- Carefully pierce the capsule of vitamin E and pour its contents into one bowl.
- Add the coconut oil to it and mix them well.
- Then, apply this mixture to your wrinkles and massage in it for several minutes.
- Try this remedy nightly.
8. Cinnamon And Coconut Oil For Wrinkles
Cinnamon possesses antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties that help to cope with many skin problem including wrinkles. See how to use cinnamon and coconut oil for wrinkles.
- Organic coconut oil – 1 tablespoon
- Cinnamon – ½ teaspoon
- Mix the two elements.
- Apply to the skin using fingertips and leave it on for twenty minutes.
- Use cool water to rinse your skin and pat dry.
- Follow it regularly.
9. Argan Oil And Coconut Oil For Wrinkles
Argan oil helps to moisturize the skin, thus reducing wrinkles. Regular application of argan oil helps to banish dead skin cells and decrease the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Argan oil – 1 ounce
- Organic coconut oil – 4 ounces
- Mix the two oils well.
- Massage it into deep wrinkles with the help of fingertips.
- Rinse it off using water and pat dry.
- Follow it every night.
10. Olive Oil And Coconut Oil For Wrinkles
Olive oil is rich in monounsaturated fats that will prevent the wrinkles on the skin. It also contains polyphenols that combat free radical damage. It also composes of many nutrients that aid in cleaning and moisturizing the skin.
- Extra virgin olive oil – few drops
- Coconut oil – 1 tablespoon
- Mix the olive oil with the coconut oil.
- Begin to apply this mixture to the skin.
- Massage gently for around five minutes
- Remove it with water and pat dry.
- For quick results, repeat regularly.
Side Effects Of Coconut Oil
When applied to the skin, coconut oil is likely safe. But people should not eat coconut oil in excess because this oil has a type of fat, which can increase cholesterol levels. In the case of breastfeeding or pregnant women, coconut oil is possibly safe if consumed in normal amounts.
Tips And Precautions
When using coconut oil, follow the advice to help decrease the appearance of wrinkles:
- Make sure to use cold-pressed, organic extra virgin coconut oil because commercial brands are full of preservatives and chemicals, which can damage overall health.
- Use coconut oil internally and topically.
- Don’t use coconut oil treatments if you suffer from high blood pressure.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol.
- To keep skin healthy and smooth as you age, get regular exercise, drink plenty of water and eat a healthy diet.
This article is all information about wrinkles and coconut oil. Start using this excellent ingredient today to reduce the appearance of wrinkles. Do you know of any other ways on how to use coconut oil for wrinkles on forehead, under eyes, and around mouth we haven’t mentioned? Share with us! To get more recipes for common skin problems, visit Foods For Beauty page.