Having her nails painted is always a fun thing for most of us women because it is lovely to look at, and it also adds a splash of color to their normal daily life. For that reason, doing nails can be addicted plus who wouldn’t want to spice things up a little bit and having fun with their nails so girls would usually diverse the look of their nails like changing colors, different styles or even having acrylics extension. All in all, manicure brings lots of pleasure for girls, but it also takes a toll on their natural nails since it may weaken the nails and make it bendable. As for men, having clean and healthy nails is also important because it reflects their images to others, especially when meeting with their clients. Honestly, nobody would want to shake hands with discolored, broken nails because that would be awkward and embarrassing. Therefore, this post on Beauty Talk will list out some natural remedies and effective ways on how to strengthen nails after a gel manicure and acrylics.
- Top 18 simple tips to make nails longer and stronger
- Top 32 best treatments for nail fungus
- 17 best tips to get shiny nails naturally
The Most Effective Ways To Strengthen Your Nails After A Gel Manicure & Acrylics
I. Foods Good For Your Nails
1. Chia Seeds
Chia seeds are well known to be a wonderful source of nourishment for your whole body. They are abundant in calcium, B vitamins, zinc, and protein, which not only help your nails but also the skin and hair appear shiny and healthy all the time.
You can put some chia seeds in your smoothies, yogurt or make your own chia puddings if you like. By doing this, you both have a healthy diet and strengthen your nail right away.
Oats are among the top whole grains to add to your meals so that your hair, skin, and nails can be healthy and strong. Oats are full of B vitamins, consisting of biotin, which is beneficial for our nails. Furthermore, this grain takes a long time to digest, so it also cut down insulin flows in the body. As insulin bursts in the body, it triggers the blood sugar, which creates stressful feelings. This sequentially damages the nails and highly increase breakouts.
You can eat oats every day as an enjoyable breakfast, mix it in smoothies or even add oats in your own granola bars recipe. But remember that the oats must be sugar-free, or you won’t get any of the nail and blood sugar benefits of this wonderful grain.
BeautyTalk Partner Solutions
Ask Any Questions and Get Answers within Minutes, 24/7!
The Medical Experts are available whenever you need them. You can even approve payment only when you’re completely satisfied.
Almonds are vital for nail care as it contains an incredible amount of manganese, magnesium, zinc, protein, and copper, which are the best nutrients for the nails. Moreover, selenium and biotin are two minerals existing in almonds that are necessary for nails.
It is suggested to eat raw almonds rather than roasted ones so you can get all the goodness from it. You can mix them in smoothies or use it as a topping for your yogurt or oatmeal.
4. Hemp Seed
Hemp seed holds a rich source of biotin, manganese, protein, and selenium. All these substances can increase your health and strengthen your weakened nails.
You can use as much as 1 tablespoon of hemp seeds in your daily bites like yogurt, oatmeal, and smoothies.
II. How To Strengthen Nails At Home
1. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is a rich source of nutrients that can do good to your entire body. This oil itself is high in saturated fat, which acts as a valuable conditioner for the nails. Other than that, the fat will keep all kinds of nail infection away and protect your nails. When it comes to soothing very dehydrated skin and dealing with slight atopic dermatitis, coconut oil can come in handy. In fact, the so-called nail bed is a skin extension so coconut oil can be used in this situation to treat fractured, dry nail bed and to fix the uncomfortable condition of peeling cuticles.
- Warm up the coconut oil and put it on your nails.
- Massage delicately and completely for about five minutes.
- Mix some lemon juice and 1/4 cup of warm coconut oil.
- Soak your nails in the mixture for about ten minutes before sleeping.
- Put on gloves during your sleep for the best effect.
- Heat up the coconut oil till it becomes liquid.
- Stir a big minced garlic clove into the coconut oil.
- Dip the nails in the blend for a minimum of 5 minutes.
- Wash your nails with lukewarm water.
- Let the nails dry thoroughly.
- Do the remedy once daily.
2. Flaxseed Oil
Daily use of flaxseed oil undeniably benefits the nails. This oil fills with fatty acids, along with many minerals and antioxidants, which support fast-growing and stronger nails. Together with encouraging the growth of nails, flaxseed oil can aid in healing nail splitting, cracking and repairing dry or brittle nails. The oil also comprises nourishment such as potassium, B vitamins, magnesium, lecithin, protein, and zinc, which are crucial for general nail treatment.
- Apply some pure organic flaxseed oil to the nails.
- Massage delicately for a couple of minutes.
- Put on gloves for some hours to lock in all the moisture.
- Repeat this remedy one or two times daily.
3. Olive Oil
Olive oil can be named among the best natural treatment for the nails. The oil can penetrate your nail deeply , helping to heal damage and strengthen nails and fixing all the peeling cuticles. Olive oil is enriched with polyphenols and many other antibacterial properties, which promote nail health and protect the nails. Vitamin E housed in it is effective at improving the appearance of your nails affected by infection.
- Mix almond oil, jojoba oil, and olive oil in equal amounts.
- Warm up the mixture.
- Steep some cotton swabs in the mixture.
- Put the swabs on the nails.
- Leave it there for about ten minutes.
- Mix olive oil with some lemon juice with 3:1 ratio.
- Heat the mixture up till it warm.
- Soak your nails in the blend for about10 minutes.
- Do this once every day for best results.
4. Vitamin E Oil
One more highly recommended moisturizer for the nails is vitamin E oil. As we all know, acetone and nail polish are undoubtedly very toxic and harmful to the nails and cuticles. This problem can be easily solved by the benefits of vitamin E oil as it aids in healing dry out nails fixing brittle nails after doing the manicure with a harsh chemical nail polish. Plus, the antioxidants present vitamin E oil can help the nails transform its unpleasant yellow into healthy and pinkish color. Apart from that, this beneficial oil promotes the anti-aging process of the nails. Moreover, taking vitamin E oil as an oral supplement can improve blood circulation, which is vital for the growth of nails.
- Extract the vitamin E oil from a capsule.
- Put the oil on the nails before sleeping.
- Massage lightly for about five minutes.
- Do this every day from 1 to 2 weeks for the best result.
- Mix one-half teaspoon of vitamin E oil with one or two drops of tea tree oil.
- Massage gently for a couple of minutes.
- Leave it there for about half an hour.
- Wash off with lukewarm water.
- Put on some moisturizer.
- Repeat it 2 times daily for a month.
Peppermint is not only good for the hair, skin, and health, but it also valuable when it comes to healing nails. This amazing, aromatic plant hold over forty diverse chemical compounds, such as menthone, methyl acetate, and menthol, which make it an amazing antibacterial, antiviral, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant.
- Put a teaspoon of peppermint and chamomile in a cup of boiling water.
- Steep for about 2 hours and strain it.
- Put two tablespoons of wheat flour and a teaspoon of olive oil into the mixture.
- Blend the mixture well.
- Put it on the nails, then leave it for an hour.
- Rinse it off with normal water.
- Repeat the remedy twice a week for the best effect.
- Add a few drops of castor oil to the peppermint oil.
- Add some Epsom salt to the mixture.
- Dip your fingernails in it for about 10 minutes.
- Wash it off with water.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar
There are tons of nourishment in apple cider vinegar, which benefit the nails, such as calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron, and vitamins. It additionally contains acetic and malic acid, which shield the nails from infections. These valuable properties are both good for recovering weakened nails and fighting against microbial infections, and that’s why apple cider vinegar is trusted in treating the nails.
Apart from that, it possesses some helpful properties, including antibacterial and antifungal agents, which keep the infectious bacteria away and shield the nails from any harmful toxins. It also helps to prevent the spread of infection with its naturally acidic.
- Add water to raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar in an even amount.
- Dip the nails in the mixture for a couple of minutes.
- Gently push the cuticles back.
- Repeat the remedy one every day for a few days for the best result.
- Mix 1/4 cup each of apple cider vinegar and olive oil with 1/2 cup of beer in a bowl.
- Heat it up until it is lukewarm
- Immerse your nails for about 10 to 15 minutes in the mixture.
- Repeat this remedy one or two times per week.
7. Dead Sea Salt
Dead Sea salt is a fabulous ingredient to recover brittle and weakened nails. This unique salt is different from other oceanic salts because it has more than twenty valuable minerals and most of which can help to make your nails healthy and shiny.
- Warm-up some water in a bowl.
- Dissolve one or two tablespoons of fine-grained dead sea salt.
- Put a few drops of moisturizing oil like vitamin E, flaxseed, olive.
- Put a couple of drops of essential oils in the mixture (optionally) such as lavender, rosemary or lemon.
- Dip your nails in from 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water.
- Apply some moisturizer.
- Do this remedy for a maximum of three times a week.
The silica extracted from horsetail herb is a crucial mineral for strengthening the nails. Horsetail also eliminates and disposes of any unpleasant brittle spots on your nails. This magical herbal beauty plant can transform your dry, brittle nails into strong and healthy claws.
- Pour hot water into a cup.
- Put 2 teaspoons of dried horsetail herb in the boiling water.
- Steep for about 10 minutes.
- Until it cools down, dip the nails in it for around 20 minutes.
- Put some olive oil on the nails then pat dry.
- Put on gloves overnight for best result.
- Repeat the remedy for 3 to 4 times per week.
If you want to speed up the healing process, you can drink horsetail tea as well. To make the tea, steep one half or one teaspoon of dried, organic horsetail in a cup of boiling water for a minimum of 10 minutes. You can add some honey if you prefer and then enjoy a cup of this tea.
III. Ways To Prevent Nails From Weakening.
- Avoid exposing your nails to water or chemicals by wearing gloves whenever you work with those things and keep your nails short to get less water or chemicals absorption to the nails.
- Stop using a harsh chemical nail polish that has formaldehyde and acetone in it. More importantly, keep away from nail polish remover as it will dry and damage your nails.
- Avoid using acrylics or gel nails extension since they are the reason for fungal infection. Apart from that, hand sanitizers are not friendly either because their main ingredient is alcohol; it will dry out your nails.
- If you have the habit of picking hangnails and biting nails, then you should give that up.
All these rules seem harsh and strict but believe it or not, by following these, you can surely recover and strengthen your nails as soon as possible.
Just by following the above tips frequently without fail, you will get strong and healthy nails fast. If you know other ways on how to strengthen nails after a gel manicure and acrylics, don’t hesitate to write us some comments in the form below to show us your thoughts or experience. We are glad to know about it!