Whether you want to define the body after weight loss or change the look of your body, it's time to focus on shaping and sculpting your body. According to research, body sculpting improves the appearance and strength of muscles, increases endurance, and enhances bone density. In addition, it also gives functional benefits for daily living, including better support for joints, reduced risk of injury, and improved posture.
Today, Beauty Talk will give you top 35 body sculpting exercises for beginners you can do anywhere. You should have a look at this article to discover more about these exercises because they are really helpful for you when you want to sculpt your body.
So, get down and start body sculpting right now!
Top 35 Body Sculpting Exercises for Beginners You Can Do Anywhere
1. Ski Jump
When you are jumping high, the movement also becomes an exercise in the list of body sculpting exercises you can do anywhere to strengthen and tone the lower body, shoulders, abdominal muscles, butt, and legs.
BeautyTalk Partner Solutions
Ask Any Questions and Get Answers within Minutes, 24/7!
The Medical Experts are available whenever you need them. You can even approve payment only when you’re completely satisfied.
It is also effective for reducing the stubborn belly fat as well as shaping the hips. In addition, it also contains cardiovascular benefits.
Firstly, anchor band around a sturdy object at the chest height. Facing the anchor point, take a handle in each hand, extend your arms forward at the chest height, your palms down, and your feet hip-width apart.
Now, bend your knees & hips, sitting back till your thighs are nearly parallel to the floor (keep your knees behind your toes). Now, lower your arms down to the sides without bending your elbows, your palms facing back. Pause a while and then return to starting position.
For quicker results, you should add a jump when you stand back up.
2. Knee Side Plank For A Butt Dimple
- Firstly, lie on the right side, propped on your right forearm, your elbow under the shoulder, knees bent & stacked.
- Then, raise your hips and extend your left leg so that your toes hover around 12 inches off the floor. Hold this posture for 30 seconds.
- Next, switch the sides.
- Repeat this process.
3. Body Sculpting Exercises For Beginners – Inchworm
The inchworm is considered as one of the body sculpting exercises you can do anywhere to strengthen your arms, back muscles, and shoulders.
- Firstly, from standing position, you hinge your hips and the bend knees, lowering your palms to the ground. Then, begin inching your body forward, walking your hands out at one time without moving your feet.
- Now, extend your body into a completely outstretched plank position, keeping the core engaged and your spine neutral.
- After that, reverse the process, returning back to starting position.
- Do 1 set of 6 to 8 reps
4. Push-Up Combo
This is one of other body sculpting exercises you can do anywhere that help to tone your shoulders, triceps, chest, and abdominal muscles.
- In a modified plank position, place your hands on the ground slightly wider than your shoulders and knees down. Then, make a straight line from your head to your legs, the abdominal muscles tight. Bend your elbows 90 degrees and then push up back to starting position.
- Repeat 20 to 25 reps.
- When finishing your last rep, you lift the knees off the floor so that you are in a push-up position with your extended legs. Now, keeping the abdominal muscles tight and your back straight, hold for about 30 seconds.
- Do full push-ups and hold plank for 60 seconds.
5. Rainbow Raise For Wowza Arms
- Firstly, place a resistance band in a way facing your hips, your hands slightly wider than your shoulders, your palms in front of your thighs.
- Then, raise your arms overhead when you pull your hands away, keeping your arms straight and creating a tight tension in the band.
- Now, lower your arms behind you, turning your thumbs toward the floor.
- Reverse the movement to come back to starting position.
- Repeat 3 sets of 12 reps.
6. Reverse Extension With A Stability Ball
This exercise helps to strengthen your core. The muscles in your core are used for a lot of daily activities such as lifting and reaching.
A strong core is necessary for people to protect them from injury in daily living.
- At first, lie your face down on one stability ball with your toes and hands on the floor, your hands below your shoulders, and your lower torso on the top of this ball.
- Then, keep legs pressed together and your core engaged; slowly lift your legs up till they are parallel with your torso.
- You should avoid lifting your legs higher than your hips, which causes arching in your lower back.
- Now, lower your legs and come back to starting position.
- Repeat 1 set of 12 to 15 reps.
7. Kneeling Push-up
If you want to tone your shoulders, arms, back, abdominal muscles, and chest, kneeling push-up is one of the best choices in the list of body sculpting exercises you can do anywhere.
- Start position: You drape a band across your upper back and handle in each hand. Then, lie your face down; separate your hands wide with your shoulders.
- Move: Contract your abdominal muscles and press into your hands, straightening your arms and raising your torso and thighs so that your body forms a diagonal line from your head to your knees. Now, pause and then lower your chest nearly to the floor and repeat the movement.
- For quicker results: Repeat a full push-up with your extended legs, balancing on your hands and balls.
8. Chest Fly Exercise
This exercise targets your shoulders and chest. This is one of the favorite exercises listed in top body sculpting exercises you can do anywhere.
- Firstly, lie face up on the floor with bent knees, holding heavier dumbbells with your extended arms, your palms facing each other.
- Then, slowly open your arms out to the sides, keeping your elbows slightly bent. Next, stop when the dumbbells are about 1 inch above the floor.
- Now, push these dumbbells back to starting position. Repeat 15 reps.
- After that, immediately pick up lighter weights and repeat the movement. Repeat 10 reps.
- Repeat 25 reps with dumbbells of 8 to 10 pounds if possible.
9. Sumo Squat Thrust
- Firstly, stand with your feet hip-width apart, your toes angled out slightly.
- Then, keep your core engaged and your hands in front of your chest.
- Now, hinge your hips and lower in a sumo squat position.
- After that, place your hands on the ground, jumping or stepping your feet back to the high plank position.
- Finally, reverse the movement, stepping or jumping your feet back to your hands, returning to standing position.
- Do 1 set of 8 to 10 reps.
10. Reverse Lunge
This is one of the simplest body sculpting exercises you can do anywhere to tone your gluteus, hamstrings, and quads.
- Firstly, stand with your feet hip-width apart, keeping a light set of dumbbells with your arms at their sides, palms in.
- Then, lunge your right foot behind you, moving your right knee toward the ground; bend your left knee 90 degrees, holding it aligned your ankle.
- Now, return to starting position, driving your body weight through the left heel; bring your right knee to the hip level.
- Repeat 15 reps; switch your legs.
- You should hold heavier dumbbells or repeat 25 reps a side.
11. Triangle Pushup
The muscles of your chest, triceps, and front deltoids will be stronger. The nervous system will reprogram the mind and body to function better. The nervous system is extremely powerful and plays an important role in strength training. In addition, your core will also be solid.
- In plank position, place your hands underneath your chest with forefingers and thumbs together in a diamond/triangle shape.
- Then, keep the core engaged; slowly bend your elbows, letting them flare outward only slightly when you lower your chest. Avoid sagging the low back or hiking the hips upward throughout the movement when you lower the chin or chest toward the floor.
- Now, press back up to plank position.
- Repeat 1 set of 10 to 12 reps.
12. Low-Impact Speed Skater
- Firstly, stand with your feet hip-width apart, then leap out with your left foot, crossing your right leg back to the left. Your toes touch the ground and your right hand reaches across body toward the left foot.
- Then, repeat the movement to the opposite side by leaping out with your right foot when you cross your left leg behind and reach your left arm across your body.
- Next, continue alternating the sides as fast as possible.
- Repeat 1 set of 6 to 8 reps per side.
13. Plie Squat
This is the next exercise in the list of top 35 body sculpting exercise you can do anywhere to tone your gluteus, quads, your inner thighs.
- At first, stand with your feet slightly wider than your shoulder-width apart with your toes turned out, keeping light weights vertically in front of your thighs.
- Keep the abdominal muscles tight and torso tall and bend your knees 90 degrees. Keep your knees aligned between your second & third toes and dumbbell on your heels.
- Then, press back to starting position and squeeze your glutes. Repeat 15 reps.
- You should try to use heavier weights or repeat 25 reps.
14. Wood Chop With Medicine Ball
- At first, stand into a split stance with your left foot forward. Then, use your hands to hold a medicine ball, arms extended with the ball positioned above your left shoulder.
- Now, keep your core engaged and your arms extended, draw this ball down and across your body to your right hip.
- After that, reverse the movement, coming back to starting position & repeat.
- Repeat 1 set of 10 to 12 reps.
15. Body Sculpting Exercises For Beginners – Biceps Curl
To tone your biceps, you should not skip this exercise listed in the top body sculpting exercises you can do anywhere.
- Firstly, stand tall with your feet together and slightly bend your knees. Hold a heavy weight in each hand with your palms facing up.
- Then, slowly curl the dumbbells toward the shoulders, contracting the biceps.
- Now, slowly lower the dumbbells to start and repeat. Repeat 15 reps.
- After that, immediately pick up a lighter set of dumbbells and repeat; do 10 reps.
- You should try to use the heavier weights and do 25 reps.
16. Barbell Row
- Firstly, grab a barbell having an overhand grip that is beyond the shoulder width.
- Then, keep your back arched naturally, bend at your knees and hips and lower the torso so that it is nearly parallel to the ground.
- Now, allow the bar to hang and pull it toward the upper abs.
- After that, pause and slowly lower this bar.
17. Leg Lift
One of other body sculpting exercises you can do anywhere to tone glutes and outer & inner thighs is directed below:
- At first, stand with your feet hip-width apart, your arms extended at the shoulder height, your palms down.
- Then, lift your left leg to the side, squeezing your outer thigh and glutes. Repeat 15 reps.
- Without touching the floor, place your left leg facing your body, rotating your inner thigh to the face forward. Press your left heel forward; repeat 15 reps.
- Now, switch the sides and repeat from the beginning.
- You should try to do 25 reps a leg.
18. Side Plank For Hip Dip
- Firstly, place your forearm on the mat and your elbow below your shoulder, keeping your neck in neutral alignment to make a side plank position.
- With the control, drop your right hip toward the mat, hovering some inches above the ground.
- Now, press your hips back up to the side plank position.
- Do 1 set of 6 to 8 reps.
- Firstly, lie on the floor.
- Then, raise the legs into the air & twist up the hips to the right while lifting the bottom off the floor. Hold the core tight and keep the back flat.
- Now, return to starting position, ensuring to keep the torso tight. You will feel the crunch in the abs and obliques.
- Now, from the starting position, twist up your hips to the left while lifting your bottom off the floor.
- Repeat 20 times per side.
20. Back Flyes Exercise
Back flyes exercise that helps to tone your upper back and shoulders is also included the list of body sculpting exercises you can do anywhere.
- At first, stand with your feet hip-width apart, your right leg nearly 3 feet behind the left. Hold heavy dumbbells with your palms facing each other.
- Then, bend forward from your waist, extending your arms toward the ground diagonally in front of your left knee.
- Now, slowly open your arms straight out to the sides to your shoulder level, contracting all the muscles of the upper back. Slowly lower dumbbells and repeat.
- After that, return to the center and repeat; do about 15 reps.
- Next, immediately pick up a lighter set of dumbbells and repeat; do about 10 reps.
- You should try to use the heavier weights and do 25 reps.
21. Stability Ball Knee Tuck
- Firstly, lie across one stability ball and then walk your hands out in front till you're in a plank position, placing the ball beneath your shins or ankles.
- Then, engage your core and draw your knees in toward your chest, rolling this ball forward when your knees tuck under your torso and your hips lift up the ceiling.
- Now, re-extend your legs back out to beginning position.
- Repeat 1 set of 10 to 12 reps.
22. Switch Jumps
- Firstly, stand with your legs shoulder-width apart and slightly bent.
- Then, lean forward with the torso. Cross the left arm in front of the body and straight out the right arm behind you.
- Now, wind up the arms and then swing them in & out when you jump straight up in the air and turn the body to the left. This movement is basically jumping in the air as well as switching the way you are facing, while switching from the bent arms to straight arm several times to propel you. In addition, this movement will get you sweaty quickly.
- Do 20 jumps and then switch sides.
23. Resistance Band Overhead Press
- At first, stand with your feet hip-width apart on the top of a resistance band, holding the ends of band in your hands just above your shoulders, palms facing toward each other.
- Then, engage your core, hinge your hips, and bend your knees, lowering into a squat position.
- Now, straighten your legs, simultaneously extending your arms overhead, keeping your elbows pointed to 11 o’clock and 1 o’clock.
- After that, reverse the movement to go back to starting squat position.
- Repeat 1 set of 12 to 15 reps.
24. Side Reach
This is one of other body sculpting exercises you can do anywhere to target your obliques and abdominals.
- Firstly, lie on the floor on the right side with your legs stacked, your right arm on the floor and your left arm on the top of your left leg.
- Then, keep the abdominal muscles pulled in, reach your left hand down as you can touch your ankle (you will move just slightly off the ground), feeling the contraction along the side.
- Now, slowly lower your back down, using the obliques and abdominal muscles to provide resistance. Repeat 8 reps; switch sides & repeat.
- You should try to lift your legs slightly when you reach toward your ankles.
25. Renegade Row With Weights
- Firstly, form in a plank position by standing with your feet hip-width apart, keeping a pair of weights. Keep your wrists in a neutral position.
- Then, with your core engaged and shoulders and hips squared to the floor, perform a row with your right hand, pulling the right dumbbell to your waist, pointing your elbow straight back.
- Now, return this dumbbell to the floor and change the side, keeping your shoulders and hips squared to reduce rotation in your torso during the movement.
- Repeat 1 set of 6 to 8 reps.
26. Single Leg Teaser
- Firstly, lie flat on the floor with your legs straight and your arms stretched straight behind the head.
- Then, squeeze the core and keep the belly button tight to the spine. Be careful not to arch the back.
- Now, slowly roll the body up, keeping the core engaged, and when you do so, bring the right knee into the chest. After that, grab the knee and hold for 1 or 2 seconds.
- Finally, roll back down to the starting position.
- Repeat about 10 times on the left and then do the same about 10 times on the right.
27. Body Sculpting Exercises You Can Do Anywhere – Bicycle
This is another useful exercise in the list of top 35 body sculpting exercises you can do anywhere to tone your back and abdominal muscles.
- Firstly, tie a band around arches of your feet and lie face-up with your legs bent 90 degrees, your feet flexed.
- Now, simultaneously lift your shoulders off the floor and twist to the left while extending your right leg and bringing your right elbow and left knee toward each other. (Keep your feet flexed so that this band doesn’t slip.)
- After that, pause and then twist to the right, switching your legs.
- Continue alternating the sides for 1 set of 20 to 24 reps.
- For quicker results, you should do 2 sets.
28. Oblique Twist
- Firstly, sit down in a V position, keeping your legs lifted in the air, together & bent, your torso & chest lifted, and the arms back behind you and to one side resting on the floor for support.
- Now, keep your abdominal muscles engaged, and make sure not to arch the lower back.
- After that, slowly twist the torso to the right and straighten the right leg out in front of you; cross the left leg over the top to the right side. Bring your legs back to the center.
- Twist the side.
- Repeat the scissor motion 20 times per side.
29. Single-Leg Glute Bridge
- At first, lie on your back. Keep your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor, approximately hip-width apart.
- Then, lift up your left leg so that your leg is extended and your thighs are parallel.
- Now, keep your core engaged, lift your hips off the floor, avoiding arching your back.
- After that, keep at the top for about 2 to 3 seconds before you lower down to starting position.
- Do 1 set of 10 to 12 reps.
30. Plow Exercise For A Perky Butt
This exercise helps to tone the latissimus dorsi. The latissimus muscles are big. They are attached to the glutes by deep tissue. They are connected, so making the latissimus muscles stronger will help the glutes to engage more effectively.
- Firstly, sit down on a chair with your legs extended, your feet flexed, and your heels on the floor.
- Then, wrap a resistance band around the soles of your feet and keep handles in your hands at the sides, palms up.
- Now, with your torso tall and your shoulders down, draw your arms as far as possible behind you, squeezing your shoulder blades together.
- After that, return to starting position.
- Repeat three sets of 12 reps. You should focus on keeping your arms straight to work the latissimus muscles, not your biceps.
31. Floor Press For Amazing Abdominal Muscles
If your aim is to tone the serratus anterior, try this exercise that is listed the body sculpting exercises you can do anywhere. Put the hands on the side of the rib cages at your bra strap. You are feeling the small muscles. When they are strong, they work as arrows pointing to define the abdominal muscles. The serratus accents or highlights your ribs, making the entire torso look more defined.
- At first, lie face up, holding a dumbbell in your left hand, your arm extended over your shoulder.
- Then, keep your right arm at the side, lift your left arm till your shoulder blade and your head are off the floor and then hold for 3 beats.
- Now, return to starting position. Do 5 reps.
- After that, switch sides and repeat.
Note: Lying down assists you in staying more stable than standing. It helps you to lift heavier dumbbells, so you will see results more quickly.
32. Body Sculpting Exercises You Can Do Anywhere – TRX Pikes
TRX pikes aid you in building a strong core by checking your stability and balance, along with the abdominal muscles. Moreover, this exercise is great for you to build strength for other advanced exercises like handstands.
- Firstly, adjust your TRX straps to the mid-calf length.
- Then, start in the suspended plank position with the feet in these TRX loops, your toes facing down and your wrists directly underneath the shoulders. The body should be straight from your head to your toe.
- Now, press down through the palms, lift the hips up to the ceiling by drawing the legs towards the chest till you look like one upside-down V.
- Finally, slowly lower the legs and return to starting position.
33. Reverse Toe Tap For Gorgeous Legs
Another exercise in the list of top 35 body sculpting exercises you can do anywhere is to reverse toe tap, which helps you to have gorgeous legs.
- Firstly, sit down on a chair with your left thigh crossed over the right thigh and tie a string about a 3-pound weight, creating a loop.
- Then, hang it on the left shoe. Keeping your leg still, flex your left foot toward your shin; release.
- Now, flex your left foot toward your shin and to the left; release. You should repeat to the right for 1 set. Do 15 reps.
- After that, switch legs; repeat.
34. Climb Mountain With A Medicine Ball
- At first, place a medicine ball below your chest and place your hands on the top of the ball.
- Then, extend your legs with your toes on the floor, assuming a plank position. Remember to keep your core engaged; draw your right knee into your chest.
- With the control, quickly switch the sides, stepping back with your right foot while drawing your left knee into your chest. Continue to switch the sides as fast as possible.
- Do 1 set of 10 to 12 reps.
35. High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
This is the last exercise that you want to list in the body sculpting exercises you can do anywhere. Don’t skip it!
- Begin in a lunge position, straightening out your right leg in front of your left leg.
- Then, place your opposite arm next to your front foot and place the other arm back in the air so that it points toward your back leg.
- Now, in a fluid movement, you jump up straight, pulling your left leg out & in front. Bring up your right foot to meet it.
- After that, lift up the body as tall as possible; end on the tiptoes. Swing the arms when you lift the body for momentum and end with them into an L position.
- Now, jump back into your starting lunge position, beginning with putting your right leg in place; then following with your left leg.
- Repeat 20 times per side.
If you want to learn more about natural home remedies & exercises for body problems, go to our main Health & Wellbeing page. After reading the article of top 35 body sculpting exercises for beginners you can do anywhere, hope that it can help you find out the best exercises to sculpt your body. If you have any question, or you know other body sculpting exercises you can do anywhere, please leave them below.