Dry skin not only gives you a rough feel when you touch it, but it also makes your makeup look blotchy and thereby making people pay more attention to you when it affects to your skin. However, you do not need to head to the dermatologist or take a prescription to treat your dry skin because there are many natural remedy options which you can apply to your daily skin care routine. In this article, BeautyTalk.com will show you 15 tips and recipes of best cleanser for dry skin with acne. The following writing collected information from reliable sources. Keep reading this article to understand more!
Best Cleanser For Dry Skin With Acne – 15 Best Tips & Recipes To Apply
I. Tips To Choose The Best Cleanser For Dry Skin
1. Choose The Cleanser With Moisturizing Effect
The first tip in the list of best cleanser for dry skin is to choose the cleanser that contains moisturizing essential oils as it is not only beneficial for moisturizing your skin, but it also can help to penetrate nutrients to your skin quickly, which makes it smoother and softer every day.
You should opt for the cleanser types that contain natural oils like olive oil, lavender oil, sesame oil, coconut oil…to keep your skin deeply moisturized. Additionally, those products that are extracted from many natural ingredients may often give you the high efficiency without any skin irritation effect. Hence, you may feel safe when using them.
2. Choose A Low – Alkali Cleanser
This is another tip to opt for the best cleanser for dry skin that I want to show you in this article. I hope that you can apply it for good!
There are many reasons for rough and chapped dry skin such as the frequent exposure of your skin to the sunshine, pollution, dirt; the shortage of vitamin A, B; or the inappropriate use of cosmetics, lotions. Therefore,
If you have a dry skin, you need to take a separate skin care routine to get the best results.
Dry skin is caused due to the shortage of water and when your body doesn’t provide your skin with enough moisture. Hence, you have to opt for the products that are low in alkali and don’t contain the detergents in order to not make the dry skin condition worse. In addition, the cleanser needs to have a high level of moisturizers, vitamins A, C, and E to restrict the process of early skin aging and gently eliminate the sebum without affecting to the moisture on the skin.
3. Cleansers To Avoid
You have to remember to avoid all harsh and oil-dissolving cleansers, soap-based, regular soap, or any kind of alkaline products. Additionally, there are some cleansers which are formulated for dry skin; however, they may leave a greasy layer on your face. This may be a good idea firstly, but in the long run, it will make your skin be damaged. The last thing is that you have to avoid using any cleanser which may make your skin feel dry.
II. Homemade Cleanser For Dry Skin
If you can’t choose a suitable kind of cleanser for the dry skin problem, you can make a healthy cleanser at home by yourself. With 7 simple recipes for cleanser below, you can be able to find the best cleanser for dry skin that may heal your dry skin at home effectively.
1. Natural Oil Cleanser
You will need:
- A kind of usual cleanser
- Some drops of sesame oil or coconut oil
- First of all, you mix one of those oils above well with a little cleanser.
- Next, you rub this cleanser all over the facial skin
- Then you use your hands to massage gently for a few minutes before washing off with lukewarm water.
- After you clean your face, you’d better apply a thin layer of olive oil on your skin in order to keep it look soft.
2. Yogurt And Honey
You will need:
- 1 tablespoon of yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- At first, you mix the yogurt well with the honey in it.
- You stir them well until they form a consistent mixture.
- Then you apply this mixture directly on your face.
- You allow it to sit on there for about 2 minutes.
- Finally, you wash off with cold water.
- You should apply this natural cleanser twice or thrice per week.
3. Make the Cleanser for Dry Skin from Almond, Egg Yolk, & Honey
You will need:
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 5 to 7 almonds
- Firstly, you put the egg yolk and honey in a bowl.
- Then you beat them properly to get a paste.
- Now, you add the almonds in this paste and mix well.
- You apply it directly on all over your forehead, neck, and face.
- You allow this paste to dry naturally and then you wash it off with warm water.
- This remedy is particularly good for dry skin. Hence, you should apply this 3 to 4 times per week.
To discover more recipes of best cleanser for dry skin, stay with us for our next post!
4. Make the Cleanser for Dry Skin from Apple, Yogurt, & Olive Oil
You will need:
- A peeled apple slice
- 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of lime juice
- You simply put all these ingredients in a blender and then blend them to get a smooth paste.
- Then you apply this paste directly on your face.
- You use your hands to massage your face gently and then wait for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Finally, you rinse off with warm water.
5. Vitamin A, Vitamin E, And Honey
You will need:
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 vitamin A capsule
- 1 vitamin E capsule
- ½ cup of warm water
- At first, you put the honey to the warm water.
- Now, you extract the vitamin A and vitamin E to get their oil.
- Then you add these oils to the mixture of honey and warm water.
- You stir them well and apply it all over your face, forehead, and neck.
- You wait for about 2 minutes and then wash off with plain water.
- Remember to apply this way for 2 to 3 times per week.
6. Make the Cleanser for Dry Skin from Olive Oil, Glycerin, & Face Soap
You will need:
- ½ cup of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of glycerin
- 2 teaspoons of liquid baby wash or face soap
- 2 tablespoons of water
- At first, you pour all these ingredients in a blender and then blend until you have a thick, creamy, and smooth paste.
- Then you pour this paste to a pump bottle.
- Now, you put a small amount of this paste to your hands and gently massage it into your face, neck, eyelashes, and eyelids for about 1 minute.
- After that, you use a warm washcloth to remove it out of your skin.
- Finally, you rinse your face with warm water.
- You may store the remaining in the refrigerator and use it for the next times. This recipe is
7. Jojoba, Beeswax, Witch Hazel, Borax, Lemon Oil, And Lemon Juice
The last recipe in the list of 7 recipes of best cleanser for dry skin I want to show you is the combination of jojoba, beeswax, witch hazel, borax, lemon oil, and lemon juice.
You will need:
- 1 tablespoon of beeswax
- 3 tablespoons of jojoba oil
- 1 tablespoon of witch hazel
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of borax
- 6 drops of lemon oil
- Firstly, you melt the beeswax in a saucepan at a low heat.
- After it melts, you put it and the jojoba oil in a glass bowl.
- Then you use a hand mixture to beat them for about 5 to 7 minutes or till they form a creamy consistency.
- Next, you put the lemon juice mixed well with the witch hazel in another saucepan.
- You heat this mixture until it becomes warm and put the borax in it to dissolve.
- Now, you allow all the mixtures above to cool a bit.
- After that, you put all of them to a big bowl and mix well.
- Finish, you combine the mixture above with the lemon oil and store it in an airtight container and put it in a cool and dry place.
- Now, you may use it as a normal face cleanser for your dry skin.
III. Recommended Tips For Dry Skin
1. Exfoliate Your Skin Gently
One of the most popular skin care tips you have to remember is that dry skin is very fragile to exfoliate. But in contrast, you can still exfoliate the dry skin gently. Removing the dead skin cells may give you a luster skin and promote circulation, which boosts up your entire body’s health.
Therefore, if you have got a dry skin, you should put the peach-pit scrubs and stiff brushes away. Instead, you may use mild exfoliants such as a washcloth, bath brush made from natural bristle, or a body wash having microbeads. In addition, you can also apply a sugar – or salt – based scrub, but combine it with an emollient such as olive oil, petroleum jelly, or mineral oil so that the granules do not scratch your skin or eliminate the fat between your skin layers. Whenever you get out of the tub or shower, you should dry your skin gently instead of using a bath towel to rub yourself.
2. Wash Your Hands Before Cleansing Your Skin
You usually pour the cleanser directly to your palms with a little water to make a foam and then start to rinse your face. There are many people forgetting to clean their hands before cleansing their face. The main reason for this manner is that when your hands touch your skin, held many things which contain plenty of bacteria like money, the stairs, door handles,… and thereby making both your hands and nails are full of bacteria. This will make the face cleansing action as same as giving the face more bacteria. With people having a dry skin, it is very dangerous as well as can worsen the situation.
3. Limit The Bathing Time
In general, after a stressful day, nothing can help you to relax more than soaking in the tub filled with the bath water or taking a long and hot shower? If you are suffering from a dry skin, staying in the shower for a while can lead to more stress in a long time. Prolonged time in taking a bath may dry out the skin even further. Therefore, let restrict your bathing time if you’re not soaking yourself in a pool of skin cream or mineral oil.
As we knew from the previous tip of skin cleansing, you will want to make the bathing time count by applying the right skin cleanser.
- To do it, you firstly wet your skin.
- Then you apply the cleanser or soap on your skin by using your hands, bath puff, or washcloth.
- You rinse off within 1 or 2 minutes and get out of the water after 10 minutes. Some skin care experts recommend that you should be in the water no more than 3 minutes.
4. Do Not Strip
After washing off the skin cleanser and using a towel to pat your skin dry, it’s a good idea to use a toner to help your pores close. Omitting this step may lead to pimples even on the dry skin. Many doctors and beauty experts advised that you should incorporate a toner into the daily facial cleansing routine. There are many kinds of skin toner on the supermarket for you to choose, but if you have a dry skin, you’ll usually notice to the ingredients content in them. If your skin sometimes looks like the Sahara, you have probably been advised to avoid products which contain alcohol – however, this isn’t a good advice. While it is true that some kinds of alcohol may pull the moisture from the skin, other alcohols like cetyl alcohol, cetearyl alcohol, and stearyl alcohol will be good for your dry skin. Some people choose toners containing witch hazel, which is an alcohol-free astringent.
5. Use Sunblock
The last tip of best cleanser for dry skin is to use sunblock. Part of the dry skin cleansing routine should involve the application of sunblock every day. Just like the wind may erode the rock formation, so the sun can wreak havoc on your dry skin. If you have a favorite moisturizer which you apply after rinsing your skin, you can think to add a sunblock layer on the top of your skin.
If you are going to be outside for a long time or in hot temperatures, you will need more protection. You should apply a sunblock layer and do it again every a few hours. You have to remember to cover your neckline and ears as well as your lips. It does not take a lot of sun exposure for the lips to dry out and crack and bleed. Let prevent the painful chapping by applying a lip balm which contains sunblock.
If you want to know more tips for skin care, go to our main Skincare page. After reading the article about best cleanser for dry skin, hope that it can help you to find the best tip and recipe to get the best cleanser for dry skin with acne fast and effectively. If you have any question, or you know other tips or recipes of best cleanser for dry skin with acne, please leave them below.