Each day, your hands absorb a tremendous amount of dirt, which contains a lot of viruses or bacteria. Therefore, washing the hand is more and more vital, and hand scrub is becoming the must-have item you totally need. In the market nowadays, there are a wide range number of hand scrubs for consumers to choose, but have you ever thought about making your own hand scrub? It is not only saving money but also natural and safe for you to use and do not contain any chemicals. Today Beauty Talk will introduce some recipes on how to make homemade hand scrubs. Read the articles to follow all the methods and see how easy the recipes are.
I. 7 Easy Recipes To Make Homemade Hand Scrubs
1. Sugar Hand Scrub
Sugar is a common ingredient that people prefer when making a hand scrub. It is cheap, so you can buy it in every supermarket or store. The benefits of sugar for hands are numerous. Firstly, it is a natural humectant that may help hydrate the skin and supply sufficient water for your hands, preventing them from roughness. Secondly, it is rich in glycolic acid, an alpha hydroxy acid that penetrates the skin and breaks down the “glue” that bonds skin cells, letting the skin look fresher.
- ⅔ cup of sugar
- ¼ cup of coconut oil
- 15 drops of lemon essential oil
- Put the coconut oil in a microwave to melt it
- Combine all the ingredients to have a thick paste
- Put it in a jar for storage.
When using this hand scrub, you should pick a few tablespoons of sugar hand scrub. Massage the hands one or two minutes. Rinse it off with warm water
BeautyTalk Partner Solutions
Ask Any Questions and Get Answers within Minutes, 24/7!
The Medical Experts are available whenever you need them. You can even approve payment only when you’re completely satisfied.
2. Sea Salt Hand Scrub
Like sugar, salt is also very beneficial for the skin. With a wide range of minerals the body needs, such as magnesium, calcium, sodium, potassium, etc., salt allows the cells to link with one another and treat issues that are broken down. It can also improve the hydration and strengthen the outer layer of your hands, making it look healthier and smoother. Once your skin does not absorb enough amount of minerals, your skin may become dry or rough.
- A cup of coarse sea salt
- 1/2 cup of liquid coconut oil
- 6-7 drops of grapefruit essential oil
- A 10-ounce glass container
- Add a cup of salt into an empty glass container.
- Pour 1/2 cup of coconut oil on the salt.
- Add grapefruit essential oil to it
- Stir the ingredients until they're well combined
- Use a lid to close the jar
You should use this mixture twice or three times a week. Whenever you use, spoon a small amount into your hand, rub it gently for about a minute, and remove it with water.
3. Orange Creamsicle Sugar Scrub
Rich in calcium, fiber, and vitamin C, orange is a wonderful fruit for your hands. According to the World's Healthiest Foods website, each orange contains more than 100 percent of the recommended intake of vitamin C. There are also some other vital vitamins present in orange, such as vitamin A, B1, folate, etc. They will improve the blood circulation, keep the skin hydrated, and prevent it from dryness. If you have to work under the sun for a long time, try to eat or drink the fruit as much as possible because oranges may reverse sun damage, fight against cancer and other negative effects.
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- One teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 10 drops of orange essential oil
- Put the coconut oil in a microwave for 30 seconds to a minute to soften it
- Add the sugar and mix well
- Now, add the vanilla extract and the orange essential
- Stir the mixture to get a soft paste
- Pour it into a jar for storage
4. Ginger Hand Scrub
Ginger has been used for medical aim for many years. It is often used as an ingredient for treating cold or flu. However, in terms of DIY skin care, this plant also has many outstanding benefits that we have to notice. With its antioxidant properties, ginger may help prevent the free radical damage and protect against wrinkles and aging. Moreover, due to its toning and antioxidant properties, ginger may help get rid of the presence of hypopigmented scars. If you are a ginger lover, give a recipe below a try:
- ½ kg – a kilogram of gingers
- Coconut oil
- The almond
- A strainer
- Peel off the outer of the gingers and cut them into small pieces
- Boil down the ginger and the coconut oil together for about 5 minutes
- Use the strainer to filter the gingers
- Wait for several minutes to let the liquid cold
- Add the almond and sugar to the mixture and combine them well
- Put them in a container for storage
5. Peppermint Sugar Scrub
Peppermint, an antique European herb used for medicinal purposes, is a hybrid species of spearmint and watermint. It contains a huge number of substances, including omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin A & C, calcium, iron, potassium, and magnesium, all of which can quickly get rid of the dry skin and the stubborn nail beds. When using the peppermint, people will be instantly interested in the scent of that essential oil and feel the pleasantness it brings.
- A cup of sugar
- A cup of coconut oil
- 5 drops of peppermint ( if you want to have a strong smell, add more peppermint oil)
- ½ teaspoon of vitamin E oil
First, you need to make the peppermint:
- Pick peppermint leaves and dry them
- Cut them into small pieces and mash them with a clean cup
- Add the mint oil in a jar until they start to release their natural oils
When the peppermint is ready to use, you start to make the hand scrub with peppermint
- Let the liquid of coconut oil melt by putting it in a microwave for a minute
- Add the peppermint oil and stir them well
- Put the sugar into this liquid and combine them
- Scoop into a jar for storage
6. Coffee Hand Scrub
Coffee is a familiar drink for people of all ages. The smell of coffee has the weird power that makes many people fall in love with. when it comes to recipes on how to make homemade hand scrubs naturally at home, it is an ideal ingredient due to a large number of benefits on the skin. Containing antioxidants, coffee may not only remove all the dirt and bacteria in your skin but also preserve the energy of your skin cells. Furthermore, it may protect your skin against UV rays, leading many skin diseases, notably skin cancer. Your skin will also be smoother, as the coffee promotes blood circulation and regulates cells regrowth.
- Three tablespoons of coffee grounds
- Two tablespoons of coconut oil
- A tablespoon of sugar
- Mix the coffee grounds and sugar together
- Pour the coconut oil into that mixture
- Stir them until we have a soft paste
- Put them in a jar for storage
7. Strawberries Hand Scrub
Rich in vitamin C, strawberries may fight against free radicals, get rid of the wrinkles appearing in your hand, and maintain collagen, which brings a healthy and smooth skin. Strawberries may also eliminate all the harmful toxins in the body, restore the cells, and prevent your skin from UV rays . By drinking strawberry juice every day, you can also say goodbye to dark spots and lighten your skin tone.
- ¾ cup of coconut oil
- ¼ cup of almond oil
- A kilo of strawberries
- Two cups of sugar
- Let the coconut oil melt
- Put the strawberries in the grinder to grind for a minute until we have a strawberry powder
- Add the sugar and almond oil into that powder
- Mix the coconut oil with the mixture and stir them well with a whisk or a spoon
- Put them in a jar for storage
If you want to have a strong smell, you can add some drops of strawberry extract into the mixture. You can buy the extract in any store or make it on your own. Besides using this scrub for hand, you can use it for lips or body.
II. Decorations For A Homemade Hand Scrub
Apart from making the homemade hand scrub for your own, you can also make it as a gift on some special occasions. It is not only cost-effective but also meaningful. When doing that, you need more carefulness and decorations to make it more eye-catching. Below are some tips to help your gift look more beautiful.
1. Deciding The Shape Of Your Hand Scrub
You can choose either spooning your hand scrub directly in a jar or pouring in a bar and then putting in a jar. However, it is better to do as per the second way because it not only makes your scrub impressive but also avoids the oil stuck to the edge of the jar. About the shape of the bar, you only need to pour the hand scrub into the molds or the ice tray and wait for an hour to let it dry. Nowadays, in the market, there are a variety of attractive molds for you to choose with different shapes, such as the heart, the snow, the rectangle, etc.
2. The String
To decorate your container, you also need to buy some strings. You can buy the ribbon or string with different colors and shapes. The sole thing you can do is to tie around the neck of the jar and then tie a bow. If you are more dexterous, you can cut the string and decorate it in the surface of the jar.
You can also use a label for your jar as a notification to everyone. There are two most appropriate ways to design a sample. Firstly, you can draw anything you want on paper, print it, and stick to your jar. If you are not good at drawing, you can do it online by searching the sample you like on some social networking sites like Google, Pinterest, etc., then downloading it and sticking to your jar. That sounds very easy, doesn't it?
- 11 Must-Know Ways To Treat Dry Skin On Hands In Summer & Winter
- Top 22 Natural Home Remedies For Dry Cracked Hands That Work Well
Above are some easy recipes on how to make homemade hand scrubs that you can follow. If you want to discover more tips about DIY beauty by using natural ingredients, you can visit our DIY Beauty page to gain more information. You can also share your thoughts with us by commenting in this box below.
Read more: Top 11 Beauty Benefits Of Buttermilk On Skin & Hair. This article was medically reviewed/fact checked by Heather M. Duquette-Wolf, RD, CSSD.)