Hair is a part of your body that determines mainly your appearance & confidence.
Hair is a part of your body that determines mainly your appearance and your confidence, so keeping strong and shiny hair is what most people are concerned about. Your hair should be hydrated to be shiny. To do this, your head will keep sebaceous glands to produce sebum then such sebum will be used to hydrate hair, thereby making it look shiny. The amount of sebum produced is differently from people to people, it may be high sometimes, and this is the main cause of oily hair, which cause so much trouble to both men and women, especially when they have to stay in front the crowd. Understanding deeply this situation, Beauty Talk would reveal to you the list of top 15 DIY natural hair masks for oily hair at home with the main purpose of providing you with the safe, natural and simple remedies to help you deal with oily hair in an eye-wink.
Top 15 DIY Natural Hair Masks For Oily Hair At Home
Normally, when your hair bears the excessive amount of oil, it is most typical that you will immediately apply some kinds of chemical shampoo on your hair to temporarily limit the oil amount, but sometimes, it may even make your hair become oilier. So it will be great if you can apply such DIY hair masks for oily hair effectively to experience the silky, strong and gorgeous hair.
1. Make Hair Mask From Strawberry
It is certain that whenever you mention strawberry, popping up in your mind must be the image of strawberry milk, smoothie, jam…as for a long time it has been known as an indispensable fruit for people’s healthy life. But in this article, strawberry can be made into hair mask which is considered among the best DIY hair masks for oily hair.
BeautyTalk Partner Solutions
Ask Any Questions and Get Answers within Minutes, 24/7!
The Medical Experts are available whenever you need them. You can even approve payment only when you’re completely satisfied.
It takes effect as the controller of sebum produced in your head and reduces the excess oil in your hair perfectly. Besides, inside the strawberry, there is a high amount of vitamin C, which plays an important role in maintaining your hair’s health. Inside the strawberry, people can also found out the great antioxidant properties, so if you apply this mask on hair, the scalp cell membranes will be protected thoroughly, your hair can be both less oily and stronger.
In this article, you will be introduced about two ways of using strawberry to make a hair mask.
In the first option, you can smash a ½ cup of strawberries and use the sieve to extract the small seeds. Then you just need to use this juice to apply on your oily hair, let it generate your scalp for about 10 minutes.
After done, use water to rinse it off, you will immediately see the result that your hair is less oily, at the same time, very fragrant.
In the second option, you might want to apply a thick pack for your hair.
- You just need to prepare 2 tablespoons mayonnaise and 8 strawberries.
- You mix both of them together to get the smooth paste and apply it on your wet hair for about 15 minutes.
- After done, rinse it off with clean water and experience smooth hair with no oil anymore.
2. Make Hair Mask From Egg White And Lemon Juice
One of the greatest DIY hair masks for oily hair you must take is a mask from egg white and lemon juice. Both of these ingredients are always available around your house, so you can easily take them from your kitchen and start to make the amazing mask for your oily hair. Certainly, they are not just ingredients familiar with people’s daily life but also contain super potent content beneficial for hair, so it is not strange people usually take this remedy to deal with oily hair.
If lemon juice contains the high level of vitamin C, which can control the excess oil on your hair effectively, the egg white can help to balance the moisture on your scalp and hair and make sure that your hair is not too dry. In general, apply the mask made from egg white and lemon juice will bring to your hair the hydration but still keep the stable level of oil to make hair look shiny and strong.
- Following this DIY hair mask, you will need to prepare 1 egg white
- Then, you put into the egg lemon juice extracted from 1 lemon and a little salt (1 tablespoon).
- Stir all ingredients well to get the final smooth paste
- What you have to do next is apply this amazing mask on your hair, cover it for 30 minutes to let it generate to your hair
- After a specific time, take off the cover by rinsing your hair with tepid water, then mild shampoo and conditioner.
3. Make Hair Mask From Yogurt
Mentioning yogurt, you will immediately think about the appealing flavored summer cooler. It can’t be denied that this is a rich source of probiotic providing you with attractive skin and strong health. But more than that it is also the ingredient to make one of the best DIY hair masks for oily hair.
Remember to take the plain yogurt, as this is the right kind of yogurt, which can guarantee its positive effect on nurturing and oil controlling your hair. With the high content of antioxidant and vitamin in the yogurt, you can keep the piece in mind that the mask made from yogurt is going to combat with the oil thoroughly, so you will not need to worry about this situation anymore.
Actually, there are many ways for you to use yogurt to make hair masks for oily hair.
- You can make a mask by adding a teaspoon of baking soda into a ½ cup of plain yogurt. Don’t forget to supplement this mixture with 1-2 tablespoons of lemon juice and an egg white.
- Mix them well and get the final smooth paste.
- Take this paste to rub and massage on your hair, then cover it with shower cap for 30 minutes
- Rinse the mask off with tepid water and done.
- With this recipe, there is one note you need to remember that is because baking soda is super strong absorbent, so you should apply this remedy once or twice a week, don’t abuse it so that your hair still maintains the essential level of oil.
4. Make Hair Mask From Baking Soda
Baking soda is not only an integral part in every kitchen but also among the greatest treatments for oily hair. To combat with oily hair, you can totally take use of baking soda to deal with your trouble and it depends on the level of your hair situation that determines the necessary amount of baking soda for your hair.
Actually, baking soda has been used widely for a long time thanks to the great oil-absorbing function of it. In addition, it is not just known for such feature but also popularized with the alkaline content, which can balance the pH level on your scalp and help reduce the bad smell for your hair.
To make the great paste from baking soda for oily hair, you need to mix baking soda and water in the ratio 1:3. Then you will get the thick paste, all you need then is to rub this paste on your hair and leave it there for 10 minutes before using water to rinse it off. It is suggested that you should use this treatment once or twice per week.
In case you cannot make the paste that way, you can take baking soda as a dry shampoo. Whenever, your hair gets oily, you just need to take some baking soda on hand and rub it gently on the area of oily hair. This will temporarily reduce the oil production on your hair in urgent cases.
5. Make Hair Mask From Fuller’s Earth
You might hear about fuller’s earth as a perfect beauty remedy for skin only. But in fact, it can totally be used as a treatment for some hair problems like oily hair. It is considered one of the best natural absorbents, so you can use it to absorb the excess oil on your hair and scalp. In addition, it is enriched with so many minerals whose function is mainly to balance the pH level on your scalp and boost the blood circulation on your hair. Therefore, your follicle can be strengthened, the hair strand will become shiny and strong as you expect. So if possible, take advantage of fuller’s earth as is is real among the best DIY hair masks for oily hair.
- Firstly, you will need to prepare 3 tablespoons of fuller’s earth
- Mix it with some water to get a thick paste
- Apply this kind of paste on your hair and scalp gently
- Leave it there for 15-20 minutes and then use tepid water to rinse it off
- Apply this method once per week is the best for you.
6. Make Hair Mask From Tomato
Tomato is another healthy fruit that people must take. It contains so many kinds of beneficial vitamin and minerals, so it is an integral part of every meal. But more than that, it can be used to make one of the greatest DIY hair masks for oily hair.
As you may know, besides the excess production of sebum on your scalp, which causes the oily situation, there is another factor, which also causes such situation. That is the imbalance in the pH level on your scalp. So tomato will be the saver of your hair as it will help to balance the pH level effectively, then control the secretion of excess oil perfectly. Tomato can also help to eliminate the bad odor well. Hence, from such reveal, you can now use tomato to deal with the oily hair productively.
- Prepare one ripe tomato and smash to get its juice
- Mix this juice with a teaspoon of fuller’s earth
- Apply the smooth paste on your hair evenly and use cap to cover your hair with that paste for 30 minutes
- After done, you use cold water to rinse the mask off
- It is great if you apply this method 1-2 times per week to get the best result.
7. Make Hair Masks For Oily Hair From Honey & Banana
Among the DIY hair masks for oily hair mentioned in this article, this is really a special combination. It sounds so delicious right? But it is not for eating here but for calling back the comfortable status for your hair.
As you may know, sometimes, that is the wrong use of shampoo or conditioner, which leads to your oily hair. So to deal with this problem, banana and honey is the most suitable and perfect choice for you. This will help to nourish your hair thoroughly, besides, it will help to control the oil on your hair and scalp effectively thanks to minerals and vitamin from banana and the nurturing content from honey. Now, with this combination, you can keep the piece in mind that your oily hair will be dealt with completely.
Here is the recipe for you:
- Firstly, you need to put one ripe banana in the blender and blend it to get the thick consistency
- Then, you mix honey and banana following the rule 1:4
- Take this paste and apply it to your hair, don’t forget to massage your hair from your root
- Leave it there for 20 minutes and after done, rinse it off with mildly warm water
- You should reapply this method 2 times per week to get the best result.
8. Make Hair Mask From Green Or Blue Clay
Clay has been popularly used as a perfect skin care remedy thanks to its ability to absorb the oil and smoothen the skin texture. The delightful news is that the clay can be also used for hair with the same functionality. There are two types of clay that can make great DIY hair masks for oily hair. They are green and blue. Regardless of the different name, both of them are widely believed to eliminate the dead skin cells on your hair scalp thoroughly and eject the excessive oil from your hair completely.
You should use clay with suitable dosage to make sure that it doesn’t make your hair become too dry. You also can try it first on one strand of your hair to know whether it is really suitable for you or not. One more thing, you also don’t need to worry about its becoming dry on your hair, just take some mild shampoo to rinse it off and then your hair will be soft, silky and shiny as you expect.
- Following this remedy, you will need green or blue clay and some water. Be sure the clay you use is of high quality.
- Then you combine 2-4 tablespoons clay with a relative amount of water, then mix it to get the smooth consistency. Don’t make it too thick, just slightly smooth.
- When getting the desired paste, you just need to apply it to your hair and scalp
- Cover your hair for 15 minutes and rinse the mask off with mildly natural shampoo.
9. Make Hair Mask With Egg Yolk & Clay
Once again, clay is mentioned in other DIY hair masks for oily hair. As you can see, clay can solely fight against excess oil, but considering all aspects about that, it is wonderful to know that clay can be mixed with some other familiar ingredients like egg yolk to make the perfect mask for oily hair.
Clay is seemingly a substance containing a high number of minerals, the most special of which is the silica. And silica is also proved to be one of the elements which can leave an effective impact on nurturing and growing your hair, especially controlling the sebum production on your hair. As mentioned above, clay can be a super ingredient in absorbing the excess oil from your scalp. In this recipe, the green and blue can be utilized again but mixed with the soothing egg yolk, whose function is to keep the oil level in balance and make sure the oil is not too much or too little.
- With this amazing home remedy, it may take a little time for you but the result is really surprising.
- You just need to mix 2-4 tablespoons of green or blue clay with an egg yolk with some water to get the final smooth paste
- Use this paste to spread evenly on your hair, massage it gently and then cover your hair with shower cap for 30 minutes
- After done, you just need to use tepid water and mild shampoo to rinse the mask off your hair.
10. Make Hair Masks For Oily Hair From Egg White & Salt
Oh yes, that’s it – the egg white which can be used as one of the greatest DIY hair masks for oily hair. Naturally, in the egg white, people can find out a large number of antioxidant properties and the high conditioning level. So if you can apply this on your hair, it is certain that your hair will be in strong condition. Especially when you combine it with lemon and salt, the excess oil on your hair will be controlled tightly, therefore, you will avoid the situation of frustrating oily hair all the time. As both lemon juice and salt can take effect as the absorbent of the oil, so when being combined with egg white, this remedy can make sure that your hair can be both strong and shiny.
- Now, let’s start by beating an egg white, put into it some lemon juice and salt
- Mix them well and take this mixture to massage on your hair gently
- Leave it there for 30 minutes and then rinse it off with tepid water and mild shampoo
- One thing you need to remember is that as this remedy contains some salt, so if you are having scratch or wounds on your head scalp, don’t take this remedy because salt may cause your hurt.
11. Make Hair Mask From Apple Cider Vinegar & Lemon Juice
There is a common goal for almost everyone suffering oily hair that is how to get rid of oil thoroughly but still keeps the hair in silky and shiny status. And the answer is hair mask made from apple cider vinegar and lemon juice. Both of these ingredients are very easy to take because they must be around your kitchen or available around you.
Utilizing this hair mask, you will certainly be relieved from the grease oily situation completely thanks to the amazing feature from apple cider vinegar, which is the ability to absorb the oil effectively. With apple cider vinegar, your hair’s pH level will be balanced, at the same time, the excess oil is also controlled and the sebum production is also balanced well. Besides, the follicles of your hair are also strengthened significantly.
Apple cider vinegar is great, but if it is combined with lemon, the strength can be folded for many times. Lemon juice provides vitamin C and hair protective properties. So if you combine both of these ingredients, it will make one of the greatest DIY hair masks for oily hair.
- Now, you prepare 1 grated lemon and ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon and mix it with such amount of apple cider vinegar above to get the desired solution
- Apply this solution on your hair for 15 minutes, then wash it off with clean water.
- Finally, you will get oil-free and shiny hair as you want.
12. Make A Hair Mask For Your Oily Hair From Lemon, Honey, & Aloe
You are tired of oily hair because it causes you so many trouble in life, and you also want to raise the strength for your health, then why not taking this remedy, which is called one of the most effective DIY hair masks for oily hair?
Lemon, as mentioned above is a great source of vitamin C, so it can be used to deal with the excessive oil effectively. It can help to absorb the abundant amount of oil existing on your hair and scalp, thereby making it drier and clean. Honey will be responsible for conditioning your hair positively. Don’t misunderstand this as honey will take effect as a perfect conditioner for your hair, keep it hydrated but not too oily cause as you know, your hair must not be too dry, it may cause dandruff or hair breakage easily. About the famous ingredient aloe, people usually hear about it as the indispensable part in many beauty products for skin and hair. It is not strange to know that because aloe vera contains a high amount of vitamin and minerals, which are extremely beneficial for your hair. Vitamin E and antioxidant from aloe vera can keep your hair strands strong and gorgeous all the time.
So if you are totally conquered by this remedy, why hesitate? Take it right now.
- You will need to combine juice extracted from a lemon, honey and a tablespoon of aloe vera gel. Don’t forget the egg yolk.
- Then you mix them well to get the paste. Apply this paste on your hair and keep it there for 20 minutes
- Rinse it off with tepid water and mild shampoo when you are done to experience the shiny and clean hair.
13. Make A Hair Mask For Your Oily Hair From Castor Oil, Vodka, & Parsley
It may sound weird to see the castor oil here. Dealing with oily hair with a kind of oil, is it possible? Actually, castor oil in this method takes effect as a balancer. It will be in charge of balancing the oil on your hair, stimulating the hair follicles’ strength and keep your hair in the shiny situation.
On the other hand, the parsley will be responsible for disinfecting the hair scalp and boost the hair growth. You can easily take it with you or in the nearest store. In parsley, there are properties, which can promote the collagen and keratin growth in your scalp, simultaneously boost the blood circulation. It also contains a high amount of copper and zinc, which can regulate the metabolism effectively and synthesize the melanin thoroughly.
Vodka in this recipe will help to clarify your hair and clean your hair perfectly. However, pay attention to use it with your dyed hair as it may discolor your styled hair.
Now, it’s time to make this amazing hair mask to get rid of frustrating oily hair
- Firstly, you add 100 grams of washed and strained parsley in the blender and blend it well to get smooth paste
- Then you add into this paste 2 tablespoon of castor oil and 1 teaspoon of vodka
- Continue blending and get the desired thin paste
- What to do next is applying this paste on your hair evenly and leave it there for 30 minutes
- After finishing, use the mild shampoo to rinse the mask off.
14. Make A Hair Mask For Your Oily Hair From Milk, Oatmeal, & Almond Oil
Coming to the hair mask made from milk, oatmeal, and almond oil, you can be totally satisfied as this will immediately remove the oil from your hair and scalp making you feel comfortable all the time.
This is one of the best DIY hair masks for oily hair with the attendance of 3 hair-friendly ingredients. You can track the secrets behind them before coming to the specific guide for this mask.
About the secret of oat milk, it is enriched with vitamin E, while vitamin E is a super amazing element to bring to your hair the shiny look, moreover, soft and smooth sense. About the almond oil, you can be exposed to the high content of omega-3 and vitamin E, which can nourish your hair and balance the oil on your hair effectively. With milk (no-sugar milk), it will help to moisturize your hair and make sure that your hair is not too dry while other ingredients take care of eliminating the oil from your hair.
Now, you can follow this remedy and get strong shiny hair
- Firstly, you need to prepare ½ cups of oats, 1-2 tablespoons of almond oil and ¼- ½ cup of plain milk
- Then you mix all the ingredients together and get the final thick paste
- Apply this paste on your hair for 20 minutes and then rinse it off with the mild shampoo.
- You should reapply this method week after week to get the best result.
15. Make Hair Mask From Black Tea
Are you looking for the best natural DIY hair masks for oily hair at home? There is a fact that black tea is not just for drinking but can be used as a great treatment for oily hair. Included in the black tea is astringent, so called the tannic acid, which can be utilized to prevent the production of excess oil on your hair, at the same time protecting your scalp by tightening the pores thoroughly.
Using black tea would be great if you can use it twice or thrice per week. This is a really safe method that you can take to apply to your hair and get away with frustrating oily hair.
Here is the guide for you:
- Firstly, you need to prepare 2 tbsp of black tea leaves in a cup of water
- Then, you should boil it for 10 minutes and strain the tea and let it cool down
- Apply this tea on your hair, rinse it with black tea and then rinse your hair again with a mild shampoo.
Above is the list of top 15 DIY natural hair masks for oily hair at home. Hopefully, after considering them, you might find for yourself the most suitable masks to apply on your hair to take control of the excessive oil productively. In addition, your hair would become more voluminous and gorgeous without being greasy or oily just after taking some of the right remedies from above list. During the time taking use of such remedies, just need some care for the schedule and dosage, you will have the chance to call back the shiny and silky hair without worrying about its getting oily anymore.
If you have any questions or comments on this article, please leave them in the comment box.
For any other related articles, please come and visit our main DIY Beauty Page.