Actually, there are so many people having to suffer from dry hair. This is usually caused by the intensive external effect like hair styling, hair heating or chemical application,… and also by the subjective reason originating from inside your body. But no matter what the reason is, everyone all wants to get rid of dry hair immediately. So if you are among them, let Beauty Talk help you out by offering you the list of top 15 DIY natural hair conditioners for dry hair at home. Let’s take a look, apply such solutions to your hair and experience the positive hair transformation on your hair.
In dealing with the dry hair situation, there is also a certain rule that you need to follow that is the focus on scientific daily diet besides referring these following DIY hair conditioners for dry hair.
Top 15 DIY Natural Hair Conditioners For Dry Hair At Home
To maintain strong shiny gorgeous hair, it is essential that you should always take care of your hair carefully, especially, you have to guarantee that your hair is provided with enough condition. If not, you will face with the dry hair situation which will cause you so much trouble, more seriously, will make you lose confidence quickly.
1. Make Hair Conditioner From Avocado
One of the reasons leading to your hair deficiency is the loss of important vitamins.
When mentioning the best DIY hair conditioners for dry hair, people will immediately think about avocado. In fact, it has been used for years as one of the greatest solutions for dry hair situation. So why does it become such perfect food for hair like that? The reason is that it is a super hub of moisturizing content. With such content, it can help to fix the dehydration situation on your hair thoroughly. The conditioning factor in avocado can generate deeply to your hair root to nurture your scalp and smoothen your hair significantly, thereby bringing to your hair the shiny look as you expect.
BeautyTalk Partner Solutions
Ask Any Questions and Get Answers within Minutes, 24/7!
The Medical Experts are available whenever you need them. You can even approve payment only when you’re completely satisfied.
As you may know, one of the reasons leading to your hair deficiency is the loss of important vitamins. And using avocado is really an effective way to supplement your hair with vitamin B and E – really essential kinds of vitamin that your hair should possess to maintain healthy and silky all the time.
There are many ways for you to utilize the avocado conditioner for hair
- You can mix mashed avocado with jojoba oil, olive oil or wheat germ oil to get the thick paste. Then apply this paste directly to your hair, cover it for 30 minutes and rinse it off with tepid water. You can apply this method 1-2 times per week to get the best result.
- You can also mix smashed avocado with some drops of peppermint oil. Shampoo your hair first and then apply this mask on your hair for 15 minutes. Rinse it off then done
2. Make Hair Conditioner From Avocado, ACV & Shea Butter
Avocado, as mentioned above is a great source of vitamin and protein, which help to supplement the nutrients loss on your hair perfectly. You can totally utilize the avocado solely to mitigate the dry hair situation that you have to face with. But more than that, combining it with apple cider vinegar and shea butter would even create one of the greatest DIY hair conditioners for dry hair you might know.
Besides avocado’s taking effect as a moisturizer, ACV and shea butter also play an important role in contributing the nutrients to conditioning your dry hair remarkably. If shea butter can provide your hair with the shiny look and smooth sense, the ACV here will help to balance the oil level on your scalp and hair root. In general, the combination of all ingredients here can make an ideal remedy in calling back the energy to your dizzy and dry hair.
- To make this amazing conditioner for your dry hair, you will need 1 ripe avocado, 3 tablespoons of ACV and ½ cup of shea butter first
- Then you put all these ingredients in a blender and blend them in a few minutes
- When you get good paste as you want, you can apply this mask directly on your hair, massage it gently from the root.
- Then cover your hair with shower cap for 20 minutes and rinse it off with water.
3. Make Coconut Oil To Condition Hair
Coconut oil is attractive because of its appealing scent, but not just the scent, it is attractive because of the amazing effect on your dry hair. It can be said that coconut oil is one of the best DIY hair conditioners for dry hair thanks to its high content of fatty acids, which can generate deeply to your hair and scalp. That’s the reason why it is considered better than most of other chemical hair conditioners.
This kind of oil is a bit heavy, so you should use a relative amount of it if you get thin hair. Coconut oil is really an amazing hair moisturizer if it is used on a regular basis and it is certain that just after sometimes taking use of it, your hair will be conditioned well and soon come back to the initial strong status.
To make coconut oil is not so complicated, you just need to prepare simple ingredient: a mature brown coconut
- First, you split a coconut with a sharp knife
- Then you use the scraper to scrape all the meat from inside the coconut.
- Next, you cut the meat of coconut into small pieces
- Put all the pieces into the processor and let it blend the coconut
- You can add some water during its processing
- Then, you use clean cloth to cover a jar to filter the coconut extract
- Squeeze the cloth after that to get the last drop of coconut oil
- You will need to leave the jar there for 24 hours, after that time you will see the curd at the top of this oil.
- Then you can keep it in the fridge or in a room and use the spoon to take out the curd.
- Now, you can apply it on your hair, massage it gently on a regular basis. Lastly, your hair will attain the bright shine as you expect.
Then when you get the desired coconut oil, you just need to take a little of it to apply to your dull and dry hair to attain smooth and shiny hair. If the oil gets solid, you can heat it up in the microwave and continue using it normally. It is sure that your hair situation will be improved significantly.
4. DIY Hair Conditioners For Dry Hair From Banana & Olive Oil
Banana is an available fruit possessing so many nutrients beneficial for people’s health. With a great number of vitamins and minerals, it is not strange to consider banana an indispensable part of your daily diet. And if you are looking for some effective DIY hair conditioners for dry hair, then banana will be your most ideal choice. Why? Because banana is packed with potassium, zinc and copper which are integral parts in maintaining the strength as well as the attractive look of your hair. That’s the reason why you should immediately grab a banana to create a nourishing conditioner for your hair.
But to intensify the effect of this amazing conditioner on your hair, you should combine it with olive oil – a typical kind of oil widely used by people who have to bear the irritation from hair issues. Especially those who get dull, dry and dizzy hair should really take this oil. It will provide your hair with moisture, keep your hair in soft and smooth status and maintain the elasticity of your hair effectively.
And one more important ingredient that should be put into this treatment is the powerful moisturizer – honey. With honey, your hair will get the desired smooth strand and perfect shiny look.
- To make this amazing hair conditioner for your hair, you will need to prepare a banana and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- You mash the banana with a spoon, then put the olive in it
- Mix them well until you get a thick paste. Make sure there is no chunk left.
- You use this paste and apply to your hair, then keep it there for 30 minutes
- To finish, you use a mild shampoo to rinse the mask off to experience the new hair look.
When including honey in this remedy, you will need to follow this guide
- All you need are ripe banana, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of honey
- You blend all these ingredients to make a smooth paste
- Then apply this paste on your hair evenly, cover it and leave it there for 30 minutes.
- To finish, you will need the water and mild shampoo to rinse the mask off thoroughly.
5. Make Hair Conditioner From Pumpkin And Honey
It is quite hard to imagine that such symbolic vegetable of Halloween festival can be made into a super effective hair conditioner for dry hair. It is pumpkin, a vitamin-rich kind of vegetable, which attracts so many people because of its healthy effect realized through its color as well as the rich nutritious content that it contains. Now, it can be used to formulate one of the sexiest DIY hair conditioners for dry hair as the content of vitamin A in pumpkin is unbelievable. So many studies show that vitamin A is really beneficial for your hair scalp. Therefore, utilizing pumpkin for hair will help to strengthen the hair root sustainably to keep it always in good condition. Besides, it is also enriched with potassium, a crucial part in boosting the hair growth and maintaining the silkiness of your hair.
Especially when being combined with honey, an amazing ingredient in moisturizing hair, the combination of pumpkin and honey can bring to your hair the desired level of condition, thereby making it look bright, shiny and lustrous as you want.
- With this hair conditioner, you will need to prepare a cup of pumpkin puree and 1-2 tablespoons of honey. Then you mix both of them together to get the thin paste. You apply this paste on your hair and keep it for 15 minutes there. When finishing, you will rinse the mask off with water and mild shampoo.
- Besides, the amazing hair pumpkin conditioner can be made by combining 2 cups of pumpkin puree, 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and 1 tablespoon of yogurt. All are essential ingredients in moisturizing your hair effectively. You will need to mix pumpkin and yogurt in a processor first, followed by coconut oil and honey. Finally, you will get a thin paste. Apply this paste on your hair for 15 minutes and rinse it off with water to finish.
Now, let’s take a look! You will see how lovely your hair is!
6. DIY Hair Conditioners For Dry Hair From Egg & Essential Oil
It can be said that in most of the homemade remedies for hair issues, egg seems to appear the most often. In fact, it is a rich source of nutrients and nourishing agents, so it would be regrettable that you did not take some egg now to call back your gorgeous hair. According to the relief of hair specialist, the egg contains the rich content of lecithin and protein. These amazing components can be used to deal with the situation of dry, damaged and dull hair perfectly by supplementing your hair with enough texture, moisture, and shine.
The egg can be used solely to make a magical coat for your hair, but it will be even more potent if it can be combined with essential oil, which is also very beneficial for your hair like olive oil and honey. Both of these kinds of oil can provide your hair with softness, moisture, and elasticity. So when being combined with egg, they will make one of the most powerful DIY hair conditioners for dry hair.
You really should try remedies from egg to combat with egg thoroughly.
In the first option, you can use only egg to make a mask for hair.
- You just need to beat an egg white and mix it with a little of tepid water.
- Mix it well to get the thin paste
- Apply this paste to your hair and massage it gently for 15 minutes
- Then you rinse it off with water and mild shampoo.
- Reapply this method 1-2 times per week to get gorgeous hair.
In the second option, you can try egg with olive oil and honey
- Beat 3 egg in a bowl, then adds the egg 1 tablespoon of honey and 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Whisk the mixture well to get smooth solution
- You apply this paste on your hair and cover it for 30 minutes
- To finish, you rinse the mask off with cool water and mild shampoo.
- Apply this mixture on hair 1 time per week to get elastic and silky hair as you want.
7. DIY Hair Conditioners For Dry Hair From Aloe Vera & Essential Oil
In daily life, you can easily run across a hair product made from aloe vera extract. This is the evidence to show that aloe vera is becoming one of the popularized herbs in dealing with hair issues effectively and boosting the hair’s strength perfectly. Especially when dealing with dry and dull hair situation, aloe vera proves itself one of the best DIY hair conditioners for dry hair, which can fight against even the most stubborn dry strand. Aloe vera is packed with the high level of minerals, amino acids, and vitamins. It can both provide enough moisture to your hair and balance well the oil level on your hair, making it always in good condition.
Besides aloe vera, there are also numerous kinds of essential oil and herb, which can be combined with aloe vera to make a powerful remedy to combat with dry hair. You can try nourishing oil like castor oil, fenugreek or hibiscus flower paste with aloe vera to make a one of the most effective DIY hair conditioners for dry hair.
- Firstly, you can mix ½ cup of aloe vera gel with 2 tablespoons of fenugreek powder and 2 tablespoons of castor oil. Don’t forget 1 tablespoon if basil powder. Mix all ingredients well and get the smooth paste. Apply this paste on hair and cover it for overnight. Rinse it off with mild shampoo in the next morning. Apply this method 1 time per week to get the best result.
- The second choice for you is mixing 2 tablespoons of hibiscus flower paste with ½ cup of aloe vera gel. You blend them in a blender and then get the desired thin paste. Apply this on your hair regularly to get back your shiny bright hair look.
8. Make Hair Conditioner From Apple Cider Vinegar
In finding out the most effective DIY hair conditioners for dry hair, the most important thing is how to get the right ingredient, which can moisturize your hair but still make sure that the oil level in your hair is not excessive. And that is apple cider vinegar which is believed to do this the best. Vinegar, when being used the right way, can become the greatest remover of residue left on your hair caused by shampoos or other hair chemical products, which are the main reason why your hair gets dry and dizzy. In addition, apple cider vinegar can take effect as a great pH level balance when being able to restore the natural pH level well making your hair scalp stay away from itchy situation or dandruff, which are the two main problems caused by dry hair.
- With apple cider vinegar, you can simply mix it with water to make the perfect hair conditioner as you want. You just need to mix ½ cup of vinegar with 1 cup of water, the mix it thoroughly.
- Then you rinse your hair with this solution. Remember to massage your hair from the root with this solution.
- Leave it there for 10 minutes and then rinse it off with water.
- Apply this method once a week to get your silky and shiny hair.
9. Make Hair Conditioner From Shea Butter, Avocado, & ACV
As mentioned above, all these three ingredients are really beneficial for your hair, especially when your hair gets dry or dizzy. So if you want to fix the tangled and unenergetic hair, you should take advantage of these great ingredients immediately.
If the avocado is proved to contain the high level of vitamin B, E, which are essential to maintaining silky hair, shea butter is believed to bring about the smooth sense to your hair. And the apple cider vinegar is a powerful factor that helps to balance the oil level in your hair effectively and combat with problems caused by the dry hair as dandruff and itchy scalp thoroughly. With such significant effect, all of these three ingredients are highly recommended to you if you are bearing the irritation from dry hair situation.
- All you need to make this remedy one of the greatest DIY hair conditioners for dry hair are 1 ripe avocado, ½ cup of shea butter and 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
- You put all the ingredients in the blender and blend them well to get the smooth paste
- You use this smooth paste to apply on your hair evenly, cover it and let it dry for 30 minutes.
- When done, you rinse the paste off with clean water.
10. Make Hair Conditioner From Egg, Mayonnaise And Yogurt
At the first look on these ingredients, they can unintentionally make you imagine and think about a flavored attractive dish. But don’t get that wrong, the combination of these ingredients can make one of the most magical DIY hair conditioners for dry hair.
As mentioned above, the egg is an essential factor in almost all homemade remedies for hair thanks to its nourishing effect, which can penetrate to your hair scalp to nurture the strongest hair follicle and hair strand from inside out. At the same time, yogurt contains vitamin C and this is believed to make your hair look glossy and lustrous even beyond your expectation. And mayonnaise is also an important part of this mixture as it contains fatty acid which can increase the natural level of oil on your hair thoroughly.
In general, if you utilize this combination the right way, it is certain that gorgeous, shiny and elastic hair is totally attainable.
- To make this wonderful hair conditioner for dry hair, you need to prepare 1 egg, 1 cup of plain unsweetened yogurt and ½ cup of mayonnaise first.
- Then you mix and whisk all these ingredients thoroughly with a whisker.
- Then you take this smooth paste to apply on your hair from the root to top
- Cover the treated hair with a shower cap and leave it there for 40 minutes.
- To finish, you use tepid water to rinse the paste off your hair, followed by a mild shampoo.
- Now, let’s take a look! You will see how lovely your hair is.
11. DIY Hair Conditioners For Dry Hair From Honey & Coconut Oil
There is an enormous number of DIY hair conditioners for dry hair, among them is the presence of the combination of honey and coconut oil. You already know that coconut oil is a rich source of fatty acid, which can supplement enough natural oil to your dry hair making it softer and smoother. You may refer the method of making coconut oil in the tip 3.
Besides, honey is considered one of the greatest moisturizers, which can condition even the roughest strand of your hair. It can nurture the hair follicles efficiently from root to tip, so you can keep the piece in mind that it can strengthen your hair productively, simultaneously provide your hair with enough condition.
- All you need to make this hair conditioner are 3-4 tablespoons of coconut oil and 2 tablespoons of honey.
- You will mix both these ingredients in a bowl and heat it up by placing the whole bowl in warm water
- Dampen your hair then apply this warm mixture on your hair evenly
- Cover your hair with a shower cap for 30 minutes and then rinse it off to finish.
- Reapply this method 2-3 times per week to get the best result.
12. Make Hair Conditioner From Cinnamon, Milk And Honey
There is a large number of DIY hair conditioners for dry hair, so smartly choosing which one is the most suitable remedy for yourself is a really important task. You might need to refer to such treatments made from milk like the combination of cinnamon, milk and honey. This is believed to deal with your dry hair situation thoroughly because each of these ingredients contains special elements, which can supplement the natural oil to your scalp and hair.
Let’s dig deep into what they possess to make your hair less dry. Honey is a humectant, which can penetrate into your scalp and hair to moisturize it thoroughly. In the milk, you can find protein and casein, which can add the shine and volume to your hair to make it look more glossy and lustrous. At the same time, the cinnamon will take effect as the booster of blood circulation on your scalp, thereby making your hair strong from root to top.
- To make this great conditioner, you will need to prepare 2 tablespoons of cinnamon powder, 2 eggs, 2 tablespoons of honey, 4 tablespoons of milk and ¼ cup of mayonnaise.
- You mix all ingredients in a large bowl to get smooth paste
- Then you apply this kind of paste on your hair evenly
- Massage your scalp and hair gently and use shower cap to cover it for 30 minutes
- After done, you use water and mild shampoo to rinse the mask off
- Reapply this method 2 times per week to get the best result.
13. Make Hair Conditioner From Yogurt, Orange, And Milk
No, it is not smoothie or juice even though it really does a great coolant in hot summer. You can totally take a cup of this kind of juice to cool down your body when the summer is making you feel irritated. But more than that, this smoothie can even put a positive impact on your dry hair by providing enough condition to it making it look shiny all the time and always in good condition.
This combination is considered one of the most effective natural DIY hair conditioners for dry hair and for dandruff. In the orange, there present the essential conditioning property which can help to maintain the shine, strength and the softness of your hair. In addition, it is also packed with the high level of vitamin C and bioflavonoids, so if you use orange on hair, it can help to reduce breakage and boost the hair growth effectively. With coconut milk, you can find out the fats and vitamin E, which can provide enough moisture to your hair, nourish it to make it look greater than ever.
- To get this perfect remedy, you need to prepare first 1 cup of plain yogurt, 4 tablespoons of lemon juice, ¼ cup of orange juice, 1 egg and ¼ cup of coconut milk.
- You mix all ingredients in a bowl thoroughly to get smooth paste
- You dampen your hair and then apply this paste on hair evenly
- Cover treated hair with shower cap for 30 minutes then wash it off with mild shampoo
- Repeat this method week by week to get lustrous and glossy hair as you expect.
14. Make Hair Conditioner From Vitamin E Oil And Shea Butter
It can be said that vitamin E is a key determinant in most DIY hair conditioners for dry hair. So to make sure that your hair is always in the strong and healthy situation, you should ensure you provide enough amount of vitamin E oil to your hair. With vitamin E oil, your hair scalp will become stronger and the hair follicles will also become tighter. Moreover, the hair will always be provided with enough moisture to keep your hair stay away from dryness thoroughly.
Vitamin E oil will be combined with shea butter to create one of the magical DIY hair conditioners for dry hair. This is what most hair specialists have to admit. In the shea butter, you can find out the high level of nourishing and hydrating properties. It contains fatty acids which make it an ideal ingredient to deal with split ends, dandruff, and frizzy hair perfectly. In addition, when you use shea butter for hair, it will also improve the shine, volume, and thickness of your hair significantly.
In general, this combination can totally be considered one of the best natural DIY hair conditioners for dry and frizzy hair.
- To get this amazing conditioner, you need to prepare 1 cup of shea butter, 1 teaspoon of vitamin E oil and ½ cup of olive oil
- Firstly, you need to melt the shea butter by placing it in a saucepan and keep the medium flame to warm it up
- You put the olive oil in the butter and mix it with clean spoon, then remove it from flame
- Let it cool down thoroughly and then you add vitamin E into this mixture
- Mix all ingredients well to get smooth consistency
- Apply this paste on your hair and massage it gently
- Cover it in 1 hour and then rinse the mask off with mild shampoo
- For the rest of this consistency, you can keep it a container for later use
- It will be best if you repeat this method 2 times per month to get the best result.
15. DIY Hair Conditioners For Dry Hair From AV Gel & Sesame Seed Oil
Aloe vera gel as mentioned above is the perfect conditioner for your dry hair. You can take use of fresh aloe vera gel to let it penetrate to your scalp, then it will help to soothe and cool down your hair scalp making the inflammation disappear thoroughly. With aloe vera gel, you can keep a piece in mind that it will provide enough condition for your hair and keep it strong all the time.
One another important ingredient in this remedy to deal with dry hair is sesame seed oil. This is a special kind of oil widely known for a large number of health benefits but mostly known as a potent hair conditioner. Thanks to the high content of antifungal and anti-bacterial properties, sesame seed oil can fight against the infection well, thereby treating scalp fungus, itchiness, and dandruff, which are the problems associated with dry hair, perfectly.
- In general, with this wonderful DIY hair conditioner, you will get back the shiny hair as you dream about.
- Firstly, you need to prepare essential ingredients including 2 tablespoons of sesame oil, 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 cup of unflavored yogurt.
- You mix all ingredients in a large bowl until you set smooth paste
- Next, dampen your hair, then spread this paste on your hair and massage your scalp and hair with this paste gently
- Leave it there for 1 hour and then rinse it off with the mild shampoo.
- To get the most significant result, you should repeat this method once per week.
Above is the list of the 15 magical DIY hair conditioners for dry hair. Have you checked them all and chosen for yourself the most suitable treatment? All of them are proved to not only provide your hair with the perfect look and sense but also strengthen your hair from the root completely. With such remedies, you will not need to worry as all of them are free from chemicals, totally natural, so you can take them without caring about their side effect. Hopefully, after applying such amazing conditioners on your hair, you will get shiny, silky and gorgeous hair as you expect.
If you have any comments or questions on this article, leave them in the comment box.
If you want to refer more articles relating to this topic, come and visit our main DIY Beauty page.