Looking at a celebrity flipping her hair attractively in a TV show, you must be so impressed by that and certainly have a desire to be like her. Hair, actually, is an important factor in determining the appearance of a person. Hair styling is also an aspect to be used to figure out your characteristics, in other words, your ego can be shown off apparently basing on how you take care of your hair. You may want to possess long dark hair, but others may want to own short wavy hair. The truth is no matter how style you choose, hair care is a very important task that you need to do. In this article by Beauty Talk, you will know more about 12 tips on how to use coconut oil for hair growth and thickness to be outstanding with your appealing hair.
Coconut oil is one of the most typical kinds of oil that you can apply for any part of your body like skin, nails and hair. Towards women, it seems compulsory that in the list of their beauty treatments, there must be the appearance of coconut oil. Especially with your hair, coconut oil is proved to be an effective supplement to promote the growth as well as the thickness of your hair. Now, let’s dig deep into its amazing benefits on your hair and start to possess gorgeous, strong and healthy hair.
Though there might be several kinds of available coconut oil in the market, it is highly recommended that you should take use of natural coconut oil that is made by yourself.
12 Tips On How To Use Coconut Oil For Hair Growth And Thickness
1. Let’s Start By Heating The Coconut Oil
“The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries or the way she combs her hair. – Audrey Hepburn.”
Coconut oil is a source of rich nutrients that are very beneficial for your hair. Firstly, you can totally get exposed to the most simple way of using coconut oil to let all the wonderful properties of it generate to your hair scalp and nurture the strong hair from the root. In the first approach of using coconut oil for hair growth and thickness, you can start by simply heating up the coconut oil and apply to your hair.
BeautyTalk Partner Solutions
Ask Any Questions and Get Answers within Minutes, 24/7!
The Medical Experts are available whenever you need them. You can even approve payment only when you’re completely satisfied.
With moisture, coconut oil can hydrate your hair and provide enough conditioning to it, which keeps it away from dryness or dandruff. At the same time, once the nutrients generating the hair root, it is certain that the length of your hair will be improved remarkably, which also results in the amazing thickness of your hair.
- You just need to prepare some coconut oil, which initially exists in the consistency form first.
- Then you place it in the microwave and have it heat up for a little time.
- Once you get the expected coconut oil, you just need to apply it on your hair evenly and massage it gently to let the nutrients reach the deepest part of your hair then nurture it.
- Cover your hair for overnight and in the next morning rinse it off with water or mild conditioner.
- You should do this on a daily basis and after a short time, you will see your hair is improved in length significantly.
2. Make Hair Mask With Coconut Oil For Hair Growth
You think that just your shampoo is enough to provide your hair appearance with an eye-catching look? You think that just shampoo can boost the length and thickness of your hair sharply. It is partially right, but the truth is, sometimes, such chemical components from shampoo can even make your hair situation even more uncontrollable. So, at this point, you might need a method to help you deal with this situation. That’s the mixture of coconut oil and shampoo.
Coconut oil can help to moisturize your scalp and hair well providing them with enough nourishment to protect them from being affected by an external harmful effect like pollution, sun ray, impure environment… Therefore, it would be great if you can apply coconut oil for hair growth and thickness by mixing it with shampoo.
- You will need to prepare an amount of coconut oil and mix it with the equal amount of shampoo
- Then you apply this mixture on your hair and leave it there for some minutes
- After that, you wash your hair thoroughly and feel the difference just after sometimes using this recipe.
- One more notice is that you can also apply coconut oil to your hair after shampooing to provide it with enough moisture and hydration.
3. Conditioner And Coconut Oil For Hair Growth
Coconut oil, by itself, is a super effective conditioner, but it may take twofold effect if it is combined with another mild conditioner. This mixture can boost the use of coconut oil for hair growth and thickness effectively if you can take use of it the right way. For strong, silky and long hair, you can follow the guide below with coconut oil and conditioner:
- Firstly, you need to prepare 3 tablespoons of cold coconut oil with 4 tablespoons of mild conditioner
- You dampen your hair after that and apply this mixture on your hair evenly
- Massage it gently and comb your hair
- You cover your hair and leave it there for 2-3 hours
- After that time, you will rinse it off with water and mild shampoo
- Reapply this method 3 times per week to get gorgeous hair.
4. Make Hair Mask From Coconut Oil And Lemon Juice
In this remedy, you can have the chance to know one more usage of coconut oil for hair growth and thickness. That is the hair deep conditioning with coconut oil and lemon juice.
Coconut oil once again proves itself the must-have item on your daily beauty treatment. To hair care, you can see that it is packed with a high number of nutrients such as fatty acids, lauric acid, capric acid. So when you use coconut oil on a regular basis, it will help to strengthen your hair thoroughly, prevent the breakage and grow your hair fast.
At the same time, in the combination with coconut oil, lemon juice seems to be an amazing booster for your hair growth as it is packed with the high level of vitamin C. As a certain thing, vitamin C is a really important factor in boosting the hair growth as well as protecting your hair from being affected by impurities or harmful effect.
In general, if you can combine coconut oil with lemon juice, it will make a perfect remedy for you to get strong, long and shiny hair all the time.
- Now, let’s start with some lemon juice mixed with coconut oil in the ratio 1:2
- You mix both of the ingredients well to get a dissolved mixture
- Then, you apply this mixture on your hair and massage it gently for a few minutes
- You comb your hair to let it generate to your hair easily
- Wrap your hair up with shower cap and leave it overnight
- In the next morning, take off the cap and rinse it off with water, followed by mild shampoo
- You should reapply this method every night before bed to see the great effect of coconut oil on hair growth and thickness.
5. Mask from Indian Gooseberry & Coconut Oil For Hair Growth
Indian gooseberry, or so-called amla, is a great natural herb that is used widely to get rid of skin and hair problems. Especially when it is combined with coconut oil, the mixture between them can make it one of the most effective hair masks to boost the growth of your hair.
Inside the Indian gooseberry, there exist the properties, which can combat with dandruff efficiently. Besides, it can also be used to bring about the natural shine to your hair. Unlike other chemical substance, this natural source can improve the tone as well as the thickness of your hair greatly without causing any side effect.
At the same time, people also use the coconut oil for hair growth and thickness as a trend because of its carrying antibacterial, antifungal and anti-viral properties, which can provide the strength to your hair and protect it from being affected by harmful external substances.
In general, when combining these two ingredients, it will make your hair increase in the length quickly and keep the shiny and luscious appearance.
- Firstly, you will need to heat up 2 tablespoons of coconut oil first and mix it with 1 tablespoon of dried gooseberry
- Steep it for 5 minutes, strain it and let it cool down for a few minutes
- Before going to bed, you just need to apply some of the mixtures on your hair and massage it gently
- Wrap your hair for overnight and in the next morning, you rinse it off with water, followed by mild shampoo
- Repeat this recipe 2 times per week for the best result.
6. Promote The Thickness With Coconut Oil And Avocado
Coming to the next remedy, you will be introduced to the combination of the two outstanding ingredients in hair treatments making popularized by the whole world. They are coconut oil and avocado.
To emphasize the power of coconut oil for hair growth and thickness, many experts reveal that coconut oil is a hub of conditioning with the appearance of the moisturizing feature, plus a high content of antibacterial, antiviral properties. Besides, there is also the existence of linoleic, which can impact and improve your hair elasticity efficiently. All of the features of coconut oil for hair growth and thickness are transparent, so now, you can immediately grab some of it to apply on your hair.
But wait, don’t be too hurry as this combination will even make you surprised with the super strong effect on your hair. It is avocado, which will make this treatment even more effective. In fact, avocado is one of the best well-known herbs to be used in some beauty products thanks to the nutritious content with vitamin A, D, E, and minerals like copper, magnesium, iron, folic acid… As you may know, such properties are really essential for the growth of your hair.
So when you combine coconut oil and avocado, this will make one of the best treatments for growing and thickening your hair.
- Now, let’s start by heating up some coconut oil and apply it directly on your scalp and hair
- You massage your hair in 5 minutes
- After that, take ½ ripe avocado to smash it and get the paste
- You use this paste to massage on your hair and leave them on hair for 15 minutes
- You rinse it off with water, followed by mild shampoo to be done
- Reapply this method 3 times per week to see the greatest result on your hair.
7. Boost Hair Growth With Coconut Oil And Olive Oil
It can be said that coconut oil for hair growth and thickness is apparent because coconut oil is packed with so many nutrients with a clear impact on your scalp and hair. In fact, besides being a deep conditioner for your hair, it is also an amazing hair protector, especially when you have to be exposed to impure source or toxins. With the aid of antibacterial and antiviral content, it can totally help you to prevent some normal hair problems thoroughly.
And to boost the impact of coconut oil on hair growth and impact, there is another kind of oil which is also highly recommended for your hair growth. It is olive oil. With olive oil, your hair scalp health will be promoted completely. Besides, it can bring to your hair the shiny and luscious look. With olive oil, you can also get the perfect hair elasticity.
When being combined with coconut oil, this will make your hair both long and shiny in a short time.
Why don’t you try it?
- Now, let’s start by mixing 1 teaspoon of olive oil with a relative amount of coconut oil
- Mix them well and then apply this mixture on your hair gently in 5 minutes
- Leave it there for some minutes and wash it off with water and mild shampoo.
- You should apply this method on a regular basis to get the best result.
8. Go Gorgeous With Coconut Oil And Almond Oil
Coconut oil is believed to bring about shiny look for your hair with the aid of folic acid and fatty acids. Two of the most integral parts in nurturing your hair and scalp. It is sure that this will not only provide your hair with smooth and soft sense but also stimulate its length impressively. You can totally take use of coconut oil for hair growth and thickness on a regular basis.
But it would be greater if you can combine with another hair nourishing kind of oil named almond oil. It has been used for a long time in dealing with some hair problems as hair loss, hair dryness or frizzy hair. There must be a secret behind that. In fact, when being applied to your scalp, it will stimulate the blood circulation bringing the oxygen to your hair follicle frequently, thereby building the basis for the firm growth of your hair.
- With this method, you just need to mix some drops of melted coconut oil with almond oil thoroughly
- Then you use it to massage on your hair and scalp for 5 minutes
- Comb your hair thoroughly and cover it for 1 hour
- After that, you rinse it off with water and mild shampoo
- It is good if you can follow this method 2 times per week.
9. Get Long Hair With Coconut Oil And Castor Oil
As you can see, the usage of coconut oil for hair growth and thickness is really apparent now. The coconut oil can generate into your scalp and provide it with enough nutrients to keep it strong all the time. Therefore, your hair can grow fast. Besides, the coconut oil can also increase your hair elasticity thoroughly. You should really take use of coconut oil to get your long and strong hair as you want.
And if you can combine it with castor oil – one of the oils which can make your hair longer, thicker and shinier with the support of antibacterial and antifungal properties inside this kind of oil. Besides, it is enriched with a high level of vitamin E, fatty acids, and proteins…which are really beneficial for your hair.
So when using this combination, it is sure that your hair will become gorgeous.
- You just need to mix coconut oil and castor oil regarding the ratio 1:1
- You divide it into 2 parts and apply on your hair with two hands
- You massage it gently and use a warm shower cap to wrap it for 2 hours
- Rinse it off with warm water, followed by mild shampoo
- You should apply this method 3 times per week to get gorgeous hair after a short time.
10. Make Hair Mask From Coconut Oil And Essential Oils
Actually, there is a large number of essential oils which can be combined with coconut oil for hair growth and thickness. Because coconut oil, by itself, carries so many kinds of nutrients and rich content, the other kinds of essential oils to be combined with it should be mild and naturally soothing. Such kinds of essential oils that are recommended for you are lavender oil, rosemary oil, peppermint oil,… All of them are packed with fatty acids also and can be ensured to provide your hair with enough moisture as well as the strength. You can totally combine coconut oil with them to boost your hair growth, thickness in a short time.
- Firstly, you will need to heat up some coconut oil
- Then you mix it with ½ teaspoon of one of the essential oils mentioned above
- You pour this mixture into a container and keep it for several uses
- But now, take some of it to apply directly on your hair gently
- You cover your hair with a shower cap and leave it for overnight
- In the next morning, you just wake up and rinse it with water and mild shampoo
- Reapply this method once per week and you will see how gorgeous your hair is after a short time.
11. Grow Your Hair With Coconut Oil And Raw Honey
Now, in your mind, you may think that coconut oil is an extremely helpful conditioner. Yes, that’s right, but it may be better if you can combine it with raw honey.
As you know, people usually take use of coconut oil for hair growth and thickness because it is packed with several kinds of minerals like vitamin K, E,…as well as the anti-oxidant agents. So if possible, you can totally get used of coconut oil solely to help you get the strong, smooth and silky hair. But it would be even more wonderful if you could mix it with raw honey – a potent moisturizer. With raw honey, you will not need to worry about some hair problems like dandruff, hair loss or brittle hair. Instead, you will experience the smooth sense from hair because of its deep conditioning. Together with coconut oil, honey can make this mixture more powerful and worth taking. The coconut oil is also very powerful in this remedy because it can provide your hair with enough minerals to stimulate the growth of your hair thoroughly. So in the end, your hair can be both long and shiny as you desire.
- You can mix organic coconut oil and raw honey with ratio 1:1
- Then you heat the mixture up in a few seconds
- You apply this mixture on your hair and then massage it gently
- Wrap your hair and leave it there for 40 minutes
- After that, you rinse it off with tepid water, followed by mild shampoo
- You should reapply this method twice a week to get the best result.
12. Grow Hair Thickness With Coconut Oil And Shana Seeds
If you are looking for an effective way to get thick and long hair, you can also take use of shana seeds. And don’t forget to mix it with amazing coconut oil.
Shana seeds are well known for their ability to reduce the hair loss. Besides, the nutrients inside the shana seeds can have a positive impact on your scalp and hair making them strong and gorgeous all the time. You may take use of the shana seeds powder to create a paste with the aid of coconut oil. In this special paste, coconut oil is loaded with nourishing properties, which will nourish your hair from root to top and raise the thickness of your hair thoroughly. This is also the amazing utility of coconut oil for hair growth and thickness that you should know.
- First, you may need to heat the coconut oil and essential oils as you like and then you mix it with ground shana seeds to create a hair mask
- Then, you just need to apply this mask on your hair and leave it there for 20 minutes
- After that, you rinse it off with water and mild shampoo
- You should repeat this method on a regular basis to get the long and strong hair.
You have been introduced to the top 12 tips on how to use coconut oil for hair growth and thickness by Beauty Talk. It would be best if you can capture the ways you think suits you most to get the perfect hair as you want. Each of the ways above is proved to be good enough for your hair, so what you need to do now is just considering the situation of your hair and take the suitable remedies for it, then after a short time, you will get the desirable hair that can attract the attention of other people. Coconut oil is a magical way of promoting your hair growth, bringing to your hair the perfect thickness, so you should take some of it if possible to be outstanding.
If you have any comments or questions, please leave them in the comment box.
For other articles relating to this topic, please come and visit our main Hair Care page.