Having a dry scalp is annoying trouble, and many people undergo the discomfort of this problem. The scalp possesses sebaceous glands, which produce oil to help keep it moisturized. Your scalp becomes too dry when the oil production is reduced. The condition can happen for several reasons such as eczema, scalp infections, shampooing your hair occasionally, exposure to dry and cold weather, dietary deficiencies, and using hair care products that have alcohol. A dry scalp may be itchy, irritated and red, and can make your hair appear dull and dry too. So, it’s vital to treat the problem as soon as possible. In today’s article, you will discover how to make the best DIY hair mask for dry scalp using natural ingredients. Try it right now!
- Simple but effective ways to reduce dry scalp naturally and fast
- Must-know tips & tricks to get rid of itchy scalp
- The best natural home remedies for scalp psoriasis
- Top 5 ways to get rid of flaky scalp in winter at home
The Best DIY Hair Mask For Dry Scalp Using Natural Ingredients
I. Which Ingredients Used?
This DIY beauty recipe is made with natural ingredients and won’t damage your hair. It contains ingredients including aloe vera gel, almond oil, coconut oil, tea tree oil, and lemon and rosemary essential oils. Let us find out the benefits of each ingredient for dry scalp.
1. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil helps moisturize and soothe the dry scalp and comes with antifungal and antibacterial qualities that can decrease the risk of infections. Its antifungal properties can guard your scalp against the attacks of fungus, bacteria, and other microbial infections. In addition to this, it is perfect for treating dandruff, lice, and healing scalp boils, scalp eczema, scalp psoriasis, scalp pimples, etc.
2. Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe vera works wonders in treating a dry scalp. It is high in vitamin A that is useful for producing healthy sebum. Sebum is an oily substance secreted due to the scalp which keeps your scalp and hair from drying out. It is also excellent for fighting the bacteria on your scalp due to its vitamin C. Moreover, aloe vera moisturizes your hair and scalp and keeps the scalp hydrated.
BeautyTalk Partner Solutions
Ask Any Questions and Get Answers within Minutes, 24/7!
The Medical Experts are available whenever you need them. You can even approve payment only when you’re completely satisfied.
3. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil can alleviate a dry scalp together with its symptoms owing to its strong antiseptic, antibiotic, and antifungal properties. Its antifungal properties help murder the bacteria causing dry scalp. It further eliminates dandruff and dryness from your scalp. Plus, it is helpful in increasing the flow of blood to the hair follicles and strengthening the roots. When added to conditioner or shampoo, this oil soothes your scalp.
4. Almond Oil
Almond oil is an ideal remedy for solving the problems such as flaky, dry scalp or dandruff. It is abundant in vitamin and antioxidants, which are useful for healthy hair and scalp. It also helps to give shine to the hair and moisture to the scalp.
5. Lemon Essential Oil
Thanks to its high vitamin C content, lemon oil is effective in fighting the bacteria on your scalp. It is beneficial for treating the itchy and dry scalp, as it exhibits its antiviral properties. Along with that, it can get rid of dandruff and eliminate the follicles’ debris. Apart from that, it helps to produce healthy sebum and promote the growth of new hair.
6. Rosemary Essential Oil
Rosemary oil embraces anti-inflammatory properties that make it a powerful ingredient for soothing the scalp and nourishing the hair follicles. It also helps to soothe inflamed scalps since it consists of analgesic properties. This oil is also often used by those who have lusterless and thin hair because it’s known to thicken hair.
II. How To Make This Hair Mask For Dry Scalp?
Things You Need
- Aloe vera gel – 1/3 cup
- Almond oil – one tablespoon
- Coconut oil – two tablespoons
- Lemon essential oil – 5 drops
- Tea tree oil – 10 drops
- Rosemary essential oil – 7 drops
How To Do
In a glass bowl, mix all the above components and store the mixture in a pump bottle or dark colored container. For use, part your hair and start applying this mask to your scalp. Then, give a gentle massage of five minutes to the scalp and keep it all night for best results. Shampoo your hair in the morning. Apply this hair mask at least three times a week
- Always conduct a patch test to ensure your skin doesn’t have an adverse reaction to the above oils.
- Pregnant women, young children, and infants should refrain from certain essential oils.
III. Must-Know Tips
- Keep yourself hydrated by consuming an enough amount of water during the day to prevent dry skin and scalp.
- Brush your hair frequently, as it is excellent for increasing blood circulation and distributing natural oil in your scalp.
- Don’t an alcohol-based shampoo that can dry out your hair.
- Protect the hair from the sun along with other harsh weather conditions by wearing a scarf. Do not wash your hair with hot water, as it will dry out your hair.
- Avoid using hair products containing various chemicals because they can irritate your scalp and lead to an allergic reaction, itchiness, and redness.
- Reduce your intake of alcohol and coffee to help banish your dry scalp.
- Eat foods high in essential fatty acids such as flaxseeds, salmon, and walnuts.
- Do meditation or yoga to decrease stress. Increased stress may trigger dry scalp.
We hope all the information in this post has helped you. Do you know other recipes to make a DIY natural hair mask for dry scalp? Share your experience or suggestions in the comments section below.