In almost all cases, it must be uncomfortable and embarrassed for people who get bad breath when communicating with others, particularly with the lover, with bosses, with colleagues, and with friends. Bad breath, known as halitosis, is not exactly a disease, but it is a bit hard to cure permanently. It sounds like a simple problem, but as experienced, there are a lot of people have lost several chances to do important things such as finding a lover or getting promotion due to bad breath. Obviously, no one wants to feel shy or unconfident just because of getting into trouble with the breath. However, it will be easy to solve this situation if you follow these must-read recipes on how to make mouthwash for bad breath naturally at home below. They may be not perfect ones, but they are the most efficient ones. Continue reading the article on Beauty Talk to discover these natural ways and then find one way that is suitable for you.
II. Common Causes Of Bad Breath
1. Poor Personal Oral Hygiene
Bad habit of oral hygiene is the main cause of bad breath . Many harmful bacteria accumulate on and between your teeth, your gums, and tongue, which creates unpleasant and unwanted smelling gases. These bacteria also cause tooth decay and some kinds of gum diseases.
Unless you notice to brush your teeth regularly to ensure your personal hygiene, the trapped food remaining between the teeth will be broken down under the destruction of the terrible bacteria. Certainly, afterward, you will be more susceptible to getting bad breath.
2. Food And Drink
Consuming several kinds of strong-smelling dishes and foods like onion, garlic, or spices can be more likely to cause bad breath. Meanwhile, coffee or alcohol, and others are strong-smelling drinks can also lead to terrible-smelling breath.
Normally, there are temporary effects of food and drink on the breath. However, if this situation lasts long, you may meet up with the unwanted results that make you get trouble with an awful breath.
BeautyTalk Partner Solutions
Ask Any Questions and Get Answers within Minutes, 24/7!
The Medical Experts are available whenever you need them. You can even approve payment only when you’re completely satisfied.
Smoking relates to a vast number of oral problems such as the stain of teeth, the reduction of your tasting sense, and bad breath is no exception . Those who are strongly addicted smokers have an extremely bad smell than others. As long as you pass on a smoker, you can easily realize this specifically bad smell. That is why you should avoid smoking as much as you can.
4. Medical Conditions
Bad breath may come from some certain medical conditions. For instance, dry mouth affects the composition and the flow of saliva that leads to the lack of saliva. This builds up more bacteria than usual, and there may be changes in the types of harmful bacteria, leading to bad breath.
Another example of the influence of medical conditions on your breath is the gastrointestinal condition . Science has shown that in certain cases, the bacterial infection of the small intestine and stomach lining strongly links with the bad breath.
Also, some other medical conditions adversely affect the breath such as diabetes, throat, and nose and lung infections, such as bronchitis, sinusitis, tonsillitis, or bronchiectasis.
III. How To Make Mouthwash For Bad Breath
1. Cinnamon Mouthwash
Cinnamon encompasses potent antioxidants, along with polyphenols and flavonoids that offer antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties . These special components are great in fighting a lot of oral problems, especially bad breath. Cinnamon not only works to eliminate bad breath completely, but it also contains the natural preservative agents that help to keep the lifespan of the mouthwash longer. To make the cinnamon mouthwash, you also need to clove and peppermint extract.
- Boil a cup of water in a pan
- Mix 1 tsp. each of cinnamon powder and ground cloves
- Add the mixture to boiling water and simmer it for about 5 minutes
- Then, turn off the heat and let it cool down naturally
- After that, strain the liquid into a small glass
- Next, add 1 teaspoon of peppermint extract to form a new mixture
- Stir it well and store it in an airtight bottle
- Use the mouthwash regularly after brushing the teeth
2. Baking Soda Mouthwash
Baking soda is a magic therapy in treating halitosis permanently. It is good at deodorizing your mouth as a mouthwash while whitening your teeth. Besides, baking soda also produces the alkaline environment inside the mouth to fight against bacteria causing cavities and bad breath. Research indicates that toothpaste containing baking soda reduce bad breath effectively.
It is the most effective when combining baking soda with other wonderful ingredients. You can choose either aloe vera or salt to mix with baking soda in the process of making the mouthwash for bad breath. These two recipes work as an anti-inflammatory and antiseptic agent to freshen your breath. In addition, you need the support of two more recipes to increase the effectiveness, and they are peppermint essential oil and tea tree essential oil.
Detailed Remedy 1: Baking Soda With Aloe Vera
- Pour half a cup of pure aloe vera gel into a small bottle with a funnel and set this bottle aside
- Prepare a separate bowl with a ½ glass of distilled water and then add 2 tsp. of baking soda, 1-2 drops of tea tree essential oil, and 1 drop of peppermint essential oil to a bowl of water
- Stir the liquid well to mix these ingredients
- Next, pour the liquid into a bottle
- Finally, close the bottle tightly and shake it until the mixture is blended thoroughly
- Store it in a refrigerator for the better preserve. Use the treatment every day after brushing your teeth and only use one treatment within a week.
Detailed Remedy 2: Baking Soda With Salt
- Prepare a half cup of distilled water and then add to the water ¼ tablespoon of baking soda
- Add ¼ teaspoon of original sea salt to the water
- Pour 1 to 2 drops of peppermint oil into the cup
- Stir it well until the salt dissolves in the liquid
- Lastly, transfer the treatment to store in a small airtight bottle
- Use it as a mouthwash twice daily in the morning and in the evening
3. Hydrogen Peroxide Mouthwash
People often use hydrogen peroxide to eliminate any kinds of bacteria buildup inside your mouth, which causes your bad breath  . Additionally, to obtain fresher breath, you can completely make the combination of hydrogen peroxide and some types of essential oils of your choice such as spearmint oil.
- Pour half a glass of distilled water into a small pitcher
- Add about 2 tablespoons of the 3% hydrogen peroxide and 4 or 5 drops of spearmint essential oil to the water
- Stir the liquid to mix well all the ingredients
- Transfer this mouthwash to a small airtight bottle and preserve in a cool and dark place
- Shake the bottle well before using it
4. Tea Tree Oil Mouthwash
Tea tree oil consists of natural ant-fungal and antiseptic properties that are beneficial in helping to kill bacteria and prevent bad breath . From that, it will make your breath always fresh. “Several studies have shown that tea tree oil is one of the most effective antifungal properties that help to fight approximately 100 types of Candida albicans and fungus.” (Read more about 10 Proven Home Remedies For Angular Cheilitis Infection. Medically reviewed/ fact checked by Rachelle Caves RDN, CNSC, CPT)
To get the best result, you should add lemon oil and peppermint oil as two essential ingredients together with tea tree oil.
- Prepare half a cup of tepid water and then pour about 2 to 3 drops of each oil type: tea tree oil, lemon oil, and peppermint oil
- Stir the liquid well and store in a small airtight bottle in a cool place
- Use as your mouthwash daily after brushing your teeth
IV. When To See The Doctor
You had better go to the dentist as regularly as you can, whether you have mouthwash or not. Although maybe you are busy and do not have enough time to see the doctor regularly, you should follow these following imperious symptoms so that you can notice and know when you must take some pieces of advice from your doctor. With several wonderful remedies to make mouthwash above, you are completely able to prevent and eliminate bad breath effectively. However, if you do not conduct the treatments properly and steadily, the bacteria will change strongly, and your status will get worse. This situation lasts long and then will become a chronic disease that really hard to heal. If you do not make progress in getting rid of bad breath after a long time using these solutions, you will need to see the dentist immediately as you need other suitable therapies.
Above are the top 5 must-read recipes on how to make mouthwash for bad breath naturally at home that you should try. If you want to learn more about the natural treatments for other health condition, please visit our DIY Beauty page. Do not forget to take time for writing down your comments in the form below to show us your thoughts.