Your skin is considered to be dry when the small flakes and dry patches appear and cause itchy. It happens when there is a lack of water in the most superficial layer of the skin. This can be a temporary problem that annoys you some days or a severe and long-lasting skin disease. Both men and women can suffer from dry skin, especially in the winter, when the air and weather are dry and cold. Dry skin mainly causes itching, red plaques and even cracks. Because dry skin is caused by external causes such as air or weather, there are many methods that you can use to treat your dry skin such as using cream, or lotions. However, if you do not use them in a correct way, the result is not only dry skin but many other terrible skin problems. Let’s have a look at our Beauty Talk to know 16 simplest ways to make the best face wash for dry skin in winter.
- How to prevent dry skin in the cold winter naturally
- How to choose the best cleanser for dry skin with acne
- Homemade face pack for dry skin
Best Face Wash For Dry Skin In Winter – 16 Simplest Ways & Tips
Many people think that washing face needs clean water and suitable cream only. However, it is said that the washing method is one of the factors that decide the strength of your skin especially dry skin in the winter. Here are some important tips and homemade recipes to make the best face wash for dry skin that you can follow easily when washing your face:
I. Face Wash For Dry Skin: 7 Important Tips
1. Wash Your Face Before And After Bed
Whether your skin is dry or not, you should use a mild cream to wash your face at night and in the morning. Washing your face at night will help you to remove the makeup, dirt, dead skin cells which absorb into your skin during all day long and cause many skin diseases if they are not washed out from your face.
Many people skip washing face with cream in the morning because, in their opinion, there is nothing to wash out after a night. However, it is said that washing face in the morning is as important as that at night. You cannot make sure that there is no bacteria in your pillow even you wash it quite often. Remember that the bacteria in your pillow and dirt from your hair can enter your skin during the sleep. Therefore, a quick clean in the morning is enough for your skin to be light and strong.
2. Choose Suitable Cleanser, Often A Hydrating Cleanser
This is one of the most important tips of face wash for dry skin because if you have the suitable moisture cream, you can realize the result immediately. On the other hand, if you choose the wrong one, itchiness is unavoidable. The gentle and hydrating cleanser is the most popular choice because it can not only remove the makeup, dirt and dangerous bacteria on your face but wash out the dead skin cells as well. Cream with avocado oil and jojoba is often recommended. And remember to keep away from cream which is rich in salicylic, chemicals, alcohol, fragrance and glycolic acid. Each person is suitable for each type of cream. Therefore, if this cream makes you uncomfortable, try another one or consult the doctor if necessary.
BeautyTalk Partner Solutions
Ask Any Questions and Get Answers within Minutes, 24/7!
The Medical Experts are available whenever you need them. You can even approve payment only when you’re completely satisfied.
3. Clean Your Face With Warm Water And Avoid Hot Water
Hot water can help you to wash away the dirt more effectively but it also damages the natural moisture more quickly. Therefore, use warm water to wash your face and even shower. Another important tip of face wash for dry skin to remember is that you should close the door when you are taking a shower in order to keep the humid inside the bathroom.
4. Touch Lightly And Avoid Scrub
Apply washing cream into your face and massage the skin with fingertips. Using your hands is the most convenient way of face wash for dry skin. Be careful with your eyes and must not scrub because it can irritate your skin. Rubbing can also cause irritation and inflammation. You can wash your face with warm water and dry with a clean cotton towel. However, you should not reuse a towel many times because it can promote the process in which bacteria spread and harm your skin. Moreover, drying your face and body with one towel can help the bacteria to spread from your body to your face easily. Therefore, it is necessary to use different towels for different purposes.
5. Exfoliate Once Per Week
Exfoliating once every week without scrubbing your skin is necessary to have smooth skin. Exfoliation can help you to wash out dead skin cell and let moisture have a chance to absorb into your skin. Avoid exfoliating ingredients which are hurt, and if it does, try another one.
6. Washing Your Face Before Using A Mask
Most face masks need a clean face for the ingredient to absorb fully so that face wash before applying a mask is really important. Or else, it is useless to use masks because the skin cannot absorb the ingredients even moisture to solve skin problems.
7. Treat Your Skin Carefully
If you have seriously dry skin, remember to moisture it frequently, use warm water to wash your face and massage it at the same time. Be aware of the harmful chemicals in washing cream and exfoliating ingredients, if it harms your skin or brings a worse result, give it up and try another one.
II. Face Wash For Dry Skin: 9 Homemade Natural Recipes
1. Face Wash For Dry Skin With Honey And Rose Water
Rose water can help your skin to be dehydrated thanks to being rich in anti-oxidant. It can help to smoothen, moisturize and tone the skin. Moreover, rose water can provide mild hydration and freshen up your skin. The components in rose water are very active so that it can completely adapt the needs of your skin.
- Mix ½ teaspoon of rose water with ½ teaspoon of honey
- Apply this mixture to your face and wait for about 15 – 20 minutes
- Clean your face with warm water
2. Face Wash For Dry Skin With Honey, Curd and Olive Oil
For this remedy, you have to prepare:
- 2 teaspoons of curd
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil for the better result
- Put 2 teaspoons of curd into a bowl
- Add 1 teaspoon of honey and mix them well
- Combine the above mixture with 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- Apply this mixture to your face and wait for about 2 – 3 minutes
- Clean with cold water.
3. Face Wash For Dry Skin With Rose Water, Glycerin, And Coconut Oil
This face wash remedy is considered one of the most effective ones. Rose water will help you to have a fresh skin while coconut oil and glycerin will help your skin to be hydrated. Follow our instructions below to have the best recipe of face wash for dry skin:
- Pour 3 tablespoons of rose water into 1 tablespoon of glycerin and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Mix them well
- Apply this mixture to your skin in about 2 minutes and then clean with clean water.
4. Face Wash For Dry Skin With Rose Water, Gram Flour And Milk Cream
- Add rose water to gram flour and make paste
- Add milk cream to this paste and mix them well
- Apply this mixture to your skin
- Clean your face with clean water when this mixture is half dry on your face
5. Face Wash For Dry Skin With Apple And Cream
Apple can not only clean but also hydrate your skin. Therefore, it is considered an exfoliant and great hydrating face mask. Moreover, it can help to balance the oil level and prevent the skin from being dry.
- Boil a small apple
- Mash it with a fork
- Add cream, olive oil, lemon juice and orange juice (each teaspoon for each ingredient) to the mashed apple and mix all of them well
- Apply this mixture to your face and wait for about 5 minutes and then clean with warm water.
6. Face Wash For Dry Skin With Honey, Almond And Egg Yolk
- Firstly, mash 6 – 7 almonds in a bowl
- In another bowl, add a large egg yolk and then a teaspoon of honey to this bowl
- Add mashed almond to the second bowl
- Mix them well and apply this mixture to your face
- Wait for about 10 – 15 minutes.
- When the mixture is dry, clean them with tepid water
7. Face Wash For Dry Skin With Oatmeal
Oatmeal can protect the skin from the dryness thanks to the appearance of polysaccharides and healthy fats . These substances can hydrate your skin. Moreover, the dead skin cells in your face can be removed thanks to saponins. Furthermore, oatmeal is considered one of the most useful face washes for dry skin because it has anti-inflammatory properties which protect your skin from dryness and sun exposure.
Remedy 1: Oatmeal And Milk
- Mix 3 tablespoons of oatmeal with 1 or 2 teaspoons of milk
- Clean your face and then apply this mixture to it
- Wash your face with tepid water
Remedy 2: Oatmeal And Yogurt
Yogurt is also rich in zinc, which against inflammatory. Combine with oatmeal, you will have the best face mask for dry skin.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of oatmeal with 2 tablespoons of fresh yogurt
- Apply this mixture to your face in about 20 minutes
- Clean with warm water and dry with a towel
- Note: You can use this method twice per week to have the best result.
Remedy 3: Oatmeal And Lemon
The vitamin C in lemon can help promote the production of collagen what can protect the skin from dryness and be damaged . Follow our directions 2 or 3 times per week to treat your dry skin well.
- Prepare a lemon and take its juice
- Add the lemon juice to 3 tablespoons of oatmeal in a bowl
- Use a spoon to mix them well
- Apply the mixture to your face in about 10 minutes
- Clean with cool water.
Remedy 4: Oatmeal And Avocado
- Make paste of 2 tablespoons of oatmeal
- Cut the avocado into 2 halves, remove the seed and mash it (remember to remove lumps)
- Mix the avocado with oatmeal
- Apply this mixture to your face and wait for about 15 – 20 minutes
- Clean with cool water
Remedy 5: Oatmeal And Aloe Vera
- Make paste of 2 tablespoons of oatmeal with warm water
- Add 1 tablespoon of aloe vera and mix them well
- Apply this mixture to your face and wait for about 15 minutes
- Clean with cool water
- Note: For better result, you should remember to apply this 2 or 3 times per week.
8. Gram Flour, Turmeric Powder, & Milk Face Wash For Dry Skin
- Add a pinch of turmeric powder to gram flour
- Pour milk into this mixture to make paste
- Apply this paste to your face
- Wash with warm water
9. Face Wash For Dry Skin With Mayonnaise Pack
Being rich in oil, mayonnaise is considered one of the best hydrators for the skin. It can help maintain the moisture level of the skin. It is said that mayonnaise can also improve your dry skin and keep your skin soft through the winter.
- Apply mayonnaise to your face
- Wait for about 15 – 20 minutes
- And then clean with tepid water
Tips & Precautions
- In order to have the best result of face wash for dry skin, you should combine with having a suitable diet and drinking plenty of water. The cold weather and air in the winter are one of the most important reasons. Therefore, you should also keep your skin safe from the air with cream before going out.
- When taking care of your face, avoiding these following mistakes is a must:
- Use too many facial masks. You have to aware that many types of facial masks can seriously dry your skin. Therefore, choosing facial mask carefully and use it in a correct way to have strong skin.
- Take a shower in a long time with hot water. Reduce the washing time to less than 10 minutes and avoid washing your face with hot water and apply coconut oil before shower if necessary.
- Exfoliate too much. This is the thing you have to avoid first if you have dry skin. Limit your exfoliation and products with too much alcohol to fully protect your skin.
- Not moisturize right after cleaning. If your skin is oily, it is possible to live one day without moisturizing, but your skin is dry, forgetting to moisturize is a big mistake.
- Use washing cream to wipe out the makeup. It is necessary to use separated makeup removing cream, especially for long-time make up because many makeup cosmetics are waterproof so washing cleanser cannot completely wash out all of them. And as a result, the remained makeup will gradually damage your skin.
Above are some of the proper washing tips of face wash for dry skin and natural homemade face mask recipes that you can use. If you have any questions or comment, or if you have other recommendations, please visit us at Skin Care page and leave your feedback.