Tanning is no longer a new phenomenon for ladies nowadays. Appearing as the result of UV exposure from the sun, tans make the skin color darkened and destroy the glowing healthy gorgeous skin that every lady wants to protect. Although a lot of people want to have the tanning skin for the sporty outlook excessive exposure to the sun rays will bring more harm than just the tan. When these unexpected darkened pigments appear, people start seeking a solution on how to remove sun tan. Natural ingredients are the best answer for anyone wants to get back the glowing skin color. In this article, Beauty Talk will introduce different effective ways for you to get rid of the sun tan safely and quickly. If you are going to have a long summer vacation, don’t miss that list.
17 Amazing Tips On How To Remove Sun Tan From Face & Body Fast
1. How To Remove Sun Tan – Yogurt
Yogurt is a great ingredient to fade of the suntan and moisturize the skin. This vitamin-packed food is also highly valued thanks to its rich sources of nutrients, which are responsible for promoting and rejuvenating the skin.
Method 1: Yogurt, Lemon Juice, And Tomato
Lemon juice, tomato, and yogurt are well-known foods for healthy skin. As the citric acid, lemon juice can be very effective in removing dark spots and pigmentation. The mask made of lemon juice; yogurt and tomato can not only remove a tan quickly but also nourish the skin and get rid of the oiliness. To make the mask, you will need to:
- Prepare a tablespoon of lemon juice and yogurt together with several tablespoons of tomato pulp.
- Combine and mix well
- Apply the mask to your area having tans for 30 minutes
- Wash off with cold water
Method 2: Yogurt And Tomato
Tomato can work extremely effective as a natural tan removal agent  . When combined together with yogurt, the bleaching agent of the wonderful dessert will work well with the tomato in decreasing dark spot and pigmentation quickly. So, how to make this amazing mixture at home in the simplest way? All you need is to:
- Prepare a tablespoon of yogurt and tomato juice. Mix them well together
- Use the mixture to apply on your face for half an hour.
- Wash off your skin with water.
Method 3: Yogurt And Orange Juice
This combination is impressively effective paste to regenerate the skin cells and improve the skin tone thanks to the rich source of vitamin C. The collagen contained in orange is also able to tighten the skin and reduce the aging process.
- Mix a tablespoon of both ingredients (yogurt and orange juice) together
- Apply this mixture to the skin having tans
- After 30 minutes, wash off the skin with water
2. How To Remove Sun Tan – Papaya And Honey
Papaya can benefit our skin in many ways, from skin whitening, getting rid of dead skins to removing tans. It is one of the common ingredients used in cosmetic manufactures. The enzymes, as well as curative properties found in papayas, can heal the sunburns on the skin and soften the irritated skin. On the other hand, honey contains a lot of anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties, which can help the burnt skin to regenerate faster. With the very reasonable-priced ingredients, you can brighten, exfoliate and renew your skin naturally at home. Let follow the step-by-step instruction to make the combination:
- Prepare a ripe papaya and mash well
- Add honey (a tablespoon) into the mash and blend together
- Apply this paste to the skin areas you want to remove tan
- After 30 minutes, wash with lukewarm water
3. How To Remove Sun Tan – Oatmeal
The grainy texture makes oats an amazing natural scrub for solving many skin problems. It also contains exfoliating properties which are effective in removing sun tan and healing the sunburn on the skin. To use oatmeal, you can choose to apply only oatmeal with some add-in or mix it together with buttermilk.
Method 1: Oatmeal Only
- Combine some milk, ground almonds, dried orange peel, and oatmeal powder until getting a thick paste
- Apply the combination on to the affected area for at least half an hour
- Rinse off with cold water
Method 2: Oatmeal And Buttermilk
Buttermilk is a popular ingredient used to attain the original skin color after getting sun tanning and offer the fairer and more glowing looking skin. The huge amount of good lactic acid and protein found in buttermilk are also able to improve the skin from inside and moisturize your skin. To make your own mixture of oatmeal and buttermilk, you will have to:
- Prepare some tablespoons of both ingredients of oatmeal and buttermilk and mix them together
- Apply this mixture to the affected area before massaging it gently
- After 10-15 minutes, use lukewarm water to wash off the skin
4. How To Remove Sun Tan – Turmeric And Gram Flour
Turmeric is popular as one of the Indian cuisine. With more than 300 antioxidants that are valuable for the overall health, turmeric can fight acne, pigmentation and skin tanning . Gram flour is also another effective ingredient for treating tan. It helps move dead skin cells and offers the healthy, glowing skin.
- Mix several tablespoons of gram flour with turmeric (a pinch)
- Add rose water and some milk into the mixture
- Add powdered orange peel (if you want to) in the mask
- Use the mixture to apply to the affected area
- After 20 minutes, remove the pack before washing with water
5. How To Remove Sun Tan – Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is very popular for it cooling agent and the ability to act as a stop remedy for a plenty of skin and hair ailments. It is a great moisturizer for the skin and able to retain the skin layer’s suppleness. With the generous antioxidant and antimicrobial properties, Aloe Vera is proven to reduce the pain in the skin caused by sunburn and keep your skin fresh all the time . There are different ways for you to apply Aloe Vera for skin tan.
Method 1: Tomato, Lentil, And Aloe Vera
Red lentil is another natural remedy that can cure several skin problems. It is an excellent exfoliant to tighten skin pores and bring back the soft, supple and fresh skin. When mixed together, tomato, lentil, and Aloe Vera will help to get rid of the suntan effectively. To use this tip, you can follow this step-by-step instruction:
- Steep a tablespoon of red lentil
- Add tomato juice and Aloe Vera juice
- Use the mixture to apply to your skin tan area for half an hour before rinsing off with cold water
Method 2: Aloe Vera And Multani Mitti
Multani mitti, or also known that fuller’s earth is very effective in reducing blemishes, rashes, and skin irritation, soothing the sunburn and eliminating the tan caused by sun rays. When applied together with Aloe Vera, the combination can cleanse and lighten the skin effectively.
- Mix rosewater, some fuller’s earth with one tablespoon of Aloe Vera Gel
- Apply the combination on the affected area for 30 minutes
- Wash off the skin with cold water
6. How To Remove Sun Tan – Wheat Flour
Wheat flour is excellent in enhancing the skin fairness. This natural ingredient is able to exfoliate the skin and remove the dead skin cells. By applying wheat flour mask, you can improve the complexion of the skin and encourage the development of new skin cells. This tip is also proven to whiten your skin color by getting rid of the suntan. So, how to make your own wheat flour mask at home?
- Prepare a few tablespoons of wheat flour and add water in to create a thick paste
- Use the paste to apply on affected skin for around 15 minutes
- Use cool water to wash off the skin
7. How To Remove Sun Tan – Sandalwood
Sandalwood is the powerful natural oil that you can choose to rescue yourself from the harmful sun rays. With the cooling effects, sandalwood can soothe a sunburn quickly and reduce the redness resulting from a sunburn. This oil is also beneficial for our ski by acting as an astringent and an antiseptic to provide generous sources of anti-inflammatory properties.
Method 1: Sandalwood And Turmeric
- Mix some tablespoons of the sandalwood powder together with some turmeric powder
- Add some rose water if you want
- Use the paste to apply to suntan for half an hour before washing off with cold water
- Repeat this method at least twice per week
Method 2: Sandalwood And Essential Oils
- Combine coconut oil, almond oil, with sandalwood powder
- Apply the mixture on the affected areas for 30 minutes
- Wash off with water
Method 3: Sandalwood, Honey & Curd
- Prepare one tablespoon of curd, one tablespoon of honey and 1 tablespoon of cucumber juice, some lemon juice and mix them with 1 tablespoon of sandalwood powder
- Apply the mask to the affected area for 15 minutes to remove suntan
- Wash off with water
Method 4: Sandalwood And Coconut
Coconut water contains the saturated fats which can form a layer of the skin and protect it from the sun rays. It also helps to reduce the moisture loss and prevents dehydration . If we mix sandalwood and coconut together, the combination will be effective in reducing sun tan on the skin.
- Mix one tablespoon of sandalwood in form of powder
- Add a few drops of almond essential oil and apply the mixture to the skin having tans for 20 minutes
- Wash off the skin with fresh water
8. How To Remove Sun Tan – Potato
Potato is a rich source of protein, fibers, minerals, vitamins, and mild bleaching properties, which can reduce the suntan. The starchy component is the key factor that makes potato valuable for skin care. The large amount of the potassium, vitamin C, and vitamin B6 also helps to heal the skin cell damage and work as the antioxidant to clear the skin . So, how to remove sun tan with potatoes?
Method 1: Lemon Juice And Potato
Lemon juice can support potatoes by removing the tan quickly. With the vitamin C contained in lemon juice, it can lighten your skin color and make it glow in the meantime. Let see how to remove sun tan with potato and lemon juice:
- Extract potato juice and prepare one tablespoon of lemon juice
- Mix two ingredients together
- Apply the combination on the affected skin for around half an hour
- Wash off your skin with cold water
Method 2: Potato
- Prepare 2-3 medium-sized potatoes. Peel them off
- Cut the peeled potatoes into many chunks then put them all in the blender in order to make a good paste.
- Use that paste to apply to the affected skin area and wait for 30 minutes
- When the paste gets dry, wash it off with cold water
9. How To Remove Sun Tan – Milk Cream And Strawberry
Containing antioxidants, anti-inflammatory, and astringent properties, strawberry is very effective in treating sunburn, slowing down the aging process, and protecting the skin from UV protection  . The alpha-hydroxylic found in strawberry also help to remove dead skin cells and suntan effectively. Meanwhile, milk cream can moisturize the skin and keep it supple. For this tip, you will need:
- Prepare some tablespoons of the milk cream and crush some strawberries. Mix them together.
- Apply the combination on the affected areas for at least half an hour before washing off with water.
- Consume strawberries together with milk cream daily to get rid of sun tan faster.
10. How To Remove Sun Tan – Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is a rich source of citric acid, vitamin C, and other compounds that are effective in improving the state of your skin. This juice is also able to act as a skin-whitening agent or a bleaching. It helps remove the dead skin cells, lighten the skin and make it look youthful. To apply this juice, you can follow two methods:
Method 1: Lemon Juice Only
- Apply fresh lemon juice to the affected skin area
- Let it dry on the skin for about 10 minutes before rinsing it off with water
- Apply 2-3 times every week for the best result
Add sugar in lemon juice if you want to as it is also a good cleansing agent.
Method 2: Cornmeal And Lemon Juice
Cornmeal face packs are amazingly effective in exfoliating, which can make the dullest skin look fresher and younger. It can also get rid of the dead skin cells while cleansing excessive oil.
- Mix cornmeal with lemon juice
- Use the mixture to massage on your affected skin having tans in circular motions.
- Wait for about 20 minutes before washing it off with cold water
11. How To Remove Sun Tan – Gram Flour
Gram flour is another effective tip you can try to remove a tan as it is an excellent exfoliator that helps to get rid of dead skin cells and support the regeneration of young skin. Using gram flour is believed to offer the brighter looking skin. To use gram flour for the skin tan removal, you will need to:
- Mix some spoons of gram flour in water
- Use the mixture to rub over the affected skin area
- Let it dry on the skin for about 20 minutes and wash off with water
- Apply this tip two times per week for a few months until the tans go away
If you want a quicker result, you can use rose water instead of plain water. Adding yogurt and lime juice can also speed up the removing process.
12. How To Remove Sun Tan – Cucumber
Well-known for the cooling effects, cucumber is also beneficial for our skin in removing skin tan effectively . With the rich source of vitamin C and high content of water, cucumber can maintain the glowing healthy skin and reduce the suntan naturally. Let see how to remove sun tan at home with cucumber:
- Combine 2 tablespoons of cucumber juice together with 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- Add one pinch of turmeric powder to the mixture and mix well
- Apply it to the affected skin for 30 minutes before washing it off with water
13. How To Remove Sun Tan – Honey And Pineapple
Honey is full of anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, which makes it able to smooth the skin and speed up the burnt skin regeneration. Meanwhile, the pineapple juice can help to get rid of dead skin cells and slow down the aging process of your skin as well . When mixed together, the combination will be amazingly suntan remover for your skin. The process is also very simple:
- Mix one tablespoon of honey with the pineapple pulp
- Use the mixture to apply on your skin having tan to remove them
14. How To Remove Sun Tan – Milk
Many people will be surprised to know that raw milk is fundamental an anti-tan agent. This natural ingredient can reduce the risk of getting sunburn and tans. In the meantime, turmeric contains an abundant source of healing properties, which can work well with the exfoliating properties of milk to remove a tan. To use this tip, you will need:
- Prepare a pinch of turmeric powder, 1 or 2 tablespoons of milk
- Combine all these ingredients in a glass bow
- Apply the mixture to the skin and allow it to dry
- Wash off with lukewarm water
- Repeat this process every day until the tan fade away completely
15. How To Remove Sun Tan – Tomatoes
As mentioned above, tomatoes can go well with yogurt to make a great combination for the skin. However, this vegetable itself can also prevent sunburn, act as a powerful sunscreen, repair the damage to skin and slow down the aging process. Tomato is believed to get rid of dead skin and tan while the properties it contains can bring the glowing skin back thanks to its anti-puffiness as well as depigmentation properties. For this method, you will need:
- Prepare a small tomato and squeeze out the juice
- Apply this juice to your skin for 15 to 20 minutes
- Wash off with water
- Use this tip daily for the best benefit
16. How To Remove Sun Tan – Coconut Milk
Coconut milk contains a huge amount of anti-inflammatory properties, which makes it effective in removing tan and treating the sun-burnt skin. Application of coconut milk helps cool the skin and ease the swelling, pain, and redness. The high-fat content found in coconut milk can also hydrate the skin and keep it supple. Let see how to remove sun tan with coconut milk:
- Prepare a cotton ball and organic coconut milk
- Use the cotton ball to dip in the coconut milk
- Apply it liberally to the affected area
- After 10 minutes, wash off with water
- Repeat this tip daily until the tan goes away
17. How To Remove Sun Tan – Green Tea
Green tea is also one of the natural drinks can offer the cooling and soothing effect. It is proven to be a generous source of plant polyphenols that executive amazing chemopreventive, antioxidant, and immunomodulatory impact on protecting the skin, according to a study published in 2012 . This type of tea can exfoliate dead skin cells and dirt in your skin as well. In order to use this tip, you can:
- Prepare 1 green tea bag, a glass of hot water, and a cotton ball
- Brew the fresh green tea and then, let it cool down
- Apply the green tea on the tanned skin with the cotton ball.
- After 10 minutes, wash off with water
- Repeat this tip twice a day to get the expected result
The unexpected tan is quite common after a long happy summer vacation. Just a little bit of excessive exposure can darken your skin color and make a tan on your glowing skin. For that reason, tips on how to remove sun tan become very effective for anyone who wants to save your skin from the sun. All the recommended tips on this article are made based on the power of natural ingredient on removing skin tans. You can choose one that fits your skin the most and see how effective it is in your condition. If you have any more idea, don’t hesitate to share with us. For more information, please visit the main page Skin Care.