You are suffering from being overweight. You feel uncomfortable and unconfident. You want to have a svelte figure but don’t know how to do. You needn't worry because today we will suggest some effective-but-easy ways to help you solve this issue by using honey. Continue reading this article on Beauty Talk to help you know why & how to use honey for weight loss?
- To lose weight, don’t skip list of 18 cheap healthy foods for weight loss & energy!
- 9 common foods that burn belly fat fast & naturally at home
- Top 15 foods that cause weight gain you need to avoid
I. Why Should You Use Honey?
Honey is considered one of the important ingredients of natural remedies for skin whitening. But have you ever heard that it also has a positive effect on losing weight?
Maybe many people have doubts about this because they think it also consists of sugar, a factor causing obesity. In fact, besides sugar, honey is full of minerals, nutrients and valuable vitamins such as iron, calcium, protein, fiber, vitamin C, vitamin B6, niacin, folate and so on. Therefore, vitamins and minerals found in honey will contribute to digesting sugar existing in your body. That is the reason why you can feel secure when using honey as a good way for weight loss. It decreases not only cholesterol in blood but also the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
So, to get rid of some unwanted pounds that make you uncomfortable, you should try a spoon of honey every day. In addition, you also mix honey with warm water, cinnamon, lemon juice, hot tea or apple cider vinegar to get better results.
II. How To Use Honey For Weight Loss?
Here are the top 5 ways to use honey for weight loss which you can apply to deal with worry about being overweight.
1. Honey And Warm Water For Weight Loss
Surely, many people know the fact that using honey as well as water regularly is good for health. But, do you know how amazing it is when you combine honey and warm water together? For people worrying about being overweight, this is one of the most effective and easiest ways to practice at home. In fact, the mixture of these two ingredients, along with exercise, can help you to lose weight quickly. Because it contributes to shedding extra pounds of weight, which makes your body become well-proportioned. In addition, this combination also works as a cleanser removing harmful toxins from your body. Last but not least, when you drink honey combined with warm water, especially in the morning, you will have more energy for activities during the whole day. So, you are wondering how to make honey and warm water mixture by yourself, right? We will reveal a secret right now!
- Firstly, boil water for about 5 minutes (make sure that it is not too hot)
- Get rid of impurities from the water by straining the water
- Then add 1 or 2 teaspoons of honey
- Finally, stir properly and drink
- A glass of honey with water can help you to get rid of some weight. However, if you use this mixture too much, it is really a problem. Thus, be cautious and not overuse the drink made from honey and water.
2. Honey and Cinnamon for Weight Loss
Another popular way that is also effective for weight loss is mixing honey, cinnamon and warm water. A study shows that cinnamon has a positive effect on losing weight. It helps to control sugar levels in blood, which prevents the storage of fat in your body. Besides, cinnamon is believed to boost metabolism of glucose and simultaneously promote the function of insulin. By this way, it will help you to lose weight quickly. Undoubtedly, when cinnamon is used with honey, it is sure to bring the fantastic result in weight loss process.
- Put a tablespoon of cinnamon powder into a glass
- Then add a tablespoon of honey and a cup of warm water into it
- Stir them thoroughly
- Finally, enjoy it when your stomach is empty
- Put a cinnamon stick in a teapot
- Boil water and pour it into the teapot containing the cinnamon stick
- Wait for 10 minutes and then strain the tea to take the cinnamon stick away
- Add honey into the tea in cups
- Mix a teaspoon of cinnamon powder and a teaspoon of honey into a bowl
- Take a cup of water and boil it
- Then add green tea into the boiled water
- Strain water to discard the green tea and pour it into the bowl of honey and cinnamon
- Stir well and drink
- If you have a heart disease, avoid using cinnamon because it can make a negative effect on your health
3. Honey & Lemon Juice for Weight Loss
You can also easily shed several pounds by using the mixture of honey, warm water and lemon juice. As can be seen, honey is load of amino acids, useful vitamins as well as minerals that promote metabolism. Meanwhile, thanks to the richness of its Vitamin C, lemon juice is also known to increase fat metabolism and simultaneously improve function of liver. Last but not least, lemon juice can make glutathione, an important antioxidant for losing weight and detoxification, work effectively. Undoubtedly, when mixed together, honey and lemon juice, along with warm water, will raise their benefits and give you amazing results as expected. It is advised to use this valuable drink in the morning when your stomach is empty, which helps to boost weight management.
- Use a glass of warm water
- Add 2-3 spoons of honey into it and stir well
- Then squeeze ½ a lemon and put it into the mixture of warm water and honey
- Still stir thoroughly and enjoy it
4. Honey And Hot Tea For Weight Loss
Some studies show that tea can help you to lose weight, especially combining with regular exercise. Catechins, a type of flavonoid, found in tea can increase metabolism and help fats in your body to be broken down faster. Beside, teas also contribute to increasing your energy use thanks to its caffeine. By this way, your body can be easy to burn a lot of calories. That is the reason why tea is also believed to be helpful for your weight loss process.
So, you should have a cup of hot tea that is combined with a little honey before having breakfast. It can be one of the good ways to help you get rid of the overweight worry.
See more: 17 best fat-melting teas for weight loss
5. Honey and Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss
As you may know, the mixture of honey and apple cider vinegar is another way for weight loss. In fact, apple cider vinegar contains acetic acid that makes the rate of digesting starches slow down. Thus, it helps to control the sugar spike in your blood. Meanwhile, honey has a great effect on stimulating metabolism. It is likely that combining these two ingredients can help you shed some pounds.
- Use a cup of warm water
- Add 1-3 teaspoons of organic and unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- Add 1-2 tablespoon of honey into warm water and vinegar
- Then, stir it well and drink every morning and night
III. Warnings And Precautions
Despite a lot of honey’s benefits for weight loss, you still keep several precautions in mind when you use it.
- The most important thing you should remember is to avoid using honey if you get diabetes. In fact, carbohydrates in honey can cause the increase in sugar level in your blood directly, which is dangerous.
- Secondly, honey is load of calories which are likely to overwhelm the amount of nutrients you get. Therefore, make sure to measure the amount of honey you are going to add to the above recipe so as to control the content of calories.
Above are the most popular benefits and recipes of honey for weight loss that you should try. If you want to learn more other effective ways to help you possess a wonderful body, please visit our Foods For Beauty page. Do not forget to leave your comments in the form below to show us your thoughts.