Today, many people have to face a big problem that is too much heavy body mass and weight gain. Luckily, there are many natural beauty tips to help alleviate this condition. These methods may be exercising or dieting, or more extreme measures such as taking medicines and EVEN weight loss surgeries nowadays. Adding healthy teas into your life is a cheaper, and non-invasive way to help your body stay lean!
To know the best recipes of fat-melting teas for weight loss continue reading this article.
15 Best Fat-Melting Teas For Weight Loss That Work
1. Green Tea
Green tea is considered one of the best fat-melting teas for weight loss. It is home to caffeine and catechin, which play an important role in speeding up the metabolism and breaking down excess fat; thereby, they work well to control consumers’ weight . Green tea supplements also bring positive effects to weight management and weight loss. However, to lose weight effectively and healthily, you should combine drinking green tea with doing exercise daily and eating a balance diet. Consume about 2 -3 cups of hot green tea a day for the best result.
2. Dandelion Tea
Dandelion tea is an ideal option for weight loss because it has no calories.
BeautyTalk Partner Solutions
Ask Any Questions and Get Answers within Minutes, 24/7!
The Medical Experts are available whenever you need them. You can even approve payment only when you’re completely satisfied.
Besides, it comes with diuretic properties [2a], causing a quick decrease in body fluids. Notably, taking dandelion tea before meals will make you feel full; thereby, it helps you eat less. Moreover, it may help promote body detoxification mechanisms, thereby helping you feel leaner cleaner and lighter. [2b]. How to make this tea? Follow the simple steps below:
- Pour 1 quart of boiling water in a saucepan. Then, chop dried dandelion root (1/2- 2 teaspoons) and place in that saucepan. Boil for about 5 – 10 minutes before straining
- After that, consume this tea regularly, once or twice a day
- You can also use dandelion tea bags.
- Boil 1 glass of water at first and later add a cleaned, fresh dandelion root to the water
- Leave it to steep for about 5 – 10 minutes
- Then, discard the roots by straining the tea and drink this tea up to thrice a day.
3. Pu-erh Tea
Follow these step-by-step directions below to make the best cup of Pu-erh tea:
- In a mug, take a tea bag and pour boiling water over it
- Let it steep for a few minutes before removing the bag
- Finally, enjoy this tea regularly aid your weight loss efforts
- Mix one gram of tea in about 50 milliliters of water and steep it for around 15 – 20 seconds. Then, consume it immediately. (consider adding a source for this dosage of one gram(
- Consume this tea regularly for best results
4. Black Tea
Caffeine present in black tea may help promote lipolysis, as it enhances cycles that metabolize fat. This tea may also boost the metabolic rate rate of your body and block the fattening effects of carbohydrates, thereby stimulating weight loss   . It is also low in fat, calories and sodium, so it is an excellent substitute for other drinks. Moreover, it may reduce the risk of getting kidney stones, heart attacks, Parkinson’s disease, ovarian cancer, hardening of arteries, lung cancer, vomiting, stomach disorders, tooth decay, high blood pressure, etc.
Here are three ways to make this tea for weight management:
- Firstly, place 6 ounces of water on the tea kettle and heat it to 200 ̊̊F – 212 ̊F or to a rolling boil
- In a cup, place black tea leaves (2 to 3 g) and then, pour the boiling water over them. Cover that teapot and steep for 4 – 7 minutes
- Afterward, strain the tea and if wanted, add some warm milk. For taste, add some honey or any sweetener of your choice and stir well
- Finally, consume this tea slowly and frequently to promote the process of weight loss.
- Firstly, dip 1 – 2 black tea bags in 1 mug of boiling water. Let it steep for 5 – 10 minutes before discarding the packet
- To taste, add either lemon juice or sugar or honey or artificial sweeteners
- Then, stir it well and consume once or twice per day.
- Use black tea powder (a tablespoon) and steep for around 8 minutes in hot water
- Then, strain the tea and enjoy it.
5. Parsley Tea
Parsley tea is also an excellent choice when looking for fat-melting teas for weight loss. Parsley tea has been used for a long time thanks to its diuretic properties . It helps to remove the excess water in your body. Be aware that losing excess water weight can help you feel less bloated, especially for women during menstrual cycle. Parsley tea can help fat loss by replacing high-calorie drinks with this tea.
Also, it has low fat, calories, and sugar levels and contains vitamins like A, K, and C, as well as minerals like potassium, calcium, folate, phosphorus and quercetin (flavonoid) , which are vital to maintain a healthy body after losing weight. Here are the directions on how to maintain a healthy weight with parsley tea:
- Firstly, pour dried parsley (2 teaspoons) into boiling water (a cup). Cover and let it steep for about 10 minutes
- Then, strain the tea and consume thrice a day. You can also use tea bags in place of the dried leaves.
- Boil 1 pot of water first and add fresh parsley leaves (1/4 cup). Allow it to boil for about 5 more minutes
- Strain the water afterward and discard these parsley leaves
- Lastly, consume this tea 2 to 3 times a day
- Take a quart of boiling water first and add 1 large bunch of parsley, 1 chopped dandelion leaf, 1 chopped blackberry leaf, 10 cherry stems, and 1/2 teaspoon of celery tops, corn silk, fennel seeds, and couch grass
- Now stir it thoroughly and then steep it for some minutes
- Strain the tea and enjoy it throughout the day.
6. Chamomile Tea
Chamomile tea is also a great option while looking for a fat-melting tea recipe. Chamomile tea may promote excess water weight loss as it has diuretic properties  and acts as appetite suppressants. It is also rich in vitamin A, calcium, magnesium, and potassium . Furthermore, chamomile has been said to have a calming effect  .
It is difficult to make healthy choices when stressed, therefore reaching for a chamomile tea has the benefit of potentially relieving stress, and replacing a fatty, calorie-rich snack (chamomile tea is naturally low in calories)!
Here are 2 effective ways to use this tea for weight loss:
- Take loose leaf tea or a tea bag and add it to the mug or cup. Pour in the boiling water and steep for about 5 – 10 minutes
- Remove the loose tea leaves or tea bag and add sweetener, mint leaves, lemon juice, or honey
- Stir it well and enjoy it immediately.
- Firstly, add dried chamomile tea (a teaspoon) to 1 cup of water. Steep for a minimum of 10 minutes and strain
- Finally, drink this tea as it is chilled or warm regularly.
7. White Tea
White tea is also considered as one of the most excellent teas for weight loss. It helps prevent the forming of new fat cells because it contains polyphenols and EGCG, a kind of antioxidant  . Additionally, the caffeine content helps to it works to boost metabolism and therefore may help burn more calories.
You don’t need to add sugar, milk, or cream to enhance its taste because it’s a naturally delicious and sweet beverage.
- Boil water at about 175 degrees and add loose tea (1.5 teaspoons per 8 ounces of water)
- Leave it to steep for about 5 minutes. Then, enjoy it.
- Boil water at about 180 degrees and place either 2 white tea bags or a tablespoon of loose leaf tea into a teapot. Then use this boiling water to fill up to ¾ – inch of the rim
- Let this tea steep for about 7 minutes. Take out the drink and consume it regularly, a few times a day.
8. Fennel Tea
Fennel tea contains many health benefits to the human body . It works as a metabolism booster and an appetite suppressant . Also, it is full of potassium, calcium, magnesium, vitamin B, and C. Here are 2 simple ways to prepare this tea at home:
- Prepare 4 teaspoons of fennel seeds and pour them into 2 pints of boiling water
- Next, lower the heat and then simmer it for around 5 minutes
- Remove from the heat afterward and cover for about 6 more minutes
- Strain this tea and consume either cold or hot about 4 times a day.
- In 3 cups of boiling water, stir 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds and 2 teaspoons of nettle leaves
- Steep for a few minutes. Strain this tea into a teacup and add any flavor like lemon juice or honey or Stevia.
- Drink this tea regularly to lose weight effectively.
9. Garlic Tea
Garlic may promote weight management by acting as an appetite suppressant
   and may enhance metabolism. Another bonus is that it helps to lower control cholesterol and contains antioxidants and antibiotics such as phytocide and allicin  . Here are a few easy ways to make garlic tea for weight loss:
- Firstly, prepare 4 garlic cloves (minced), 4 fresh grated ginger root chunks, juice of 1 fresh lemon together with a small pinch of cayenne pepper
- Next, place all these elements in a large mug and then fill with boiled water
- Steep it for about 20 minutes, strain the tea and regularly consume for best results.
- Boil a cup of water and later remove from the heat. Then, add about 2 – 3 crushed garlic cloves.
- Leave it to steep for 8 minutes and strain the tea. Add some honey together with lemon juice and stir it well.
- Finally, consume this tea regularly.
10. Lemon Tea
Lemon contain many health benefits and may also help promote weight loss  . Lemon tea boosts immunity thanks to its vitamin C content  keeps you hydrated when added to water Also, it comes with many nutrients that aid in weight loss and fights against diseases. Lemons may also help absorb antioxidants such as Catechins when added to healthy beverages such as green tea.
How to make this tea for losing weight? Follow the step-by-step directions below:
- Take the fresh lemon peel and add it to boiling water (1 cup). Steep it for a couple of minutes and strain
- Add some honey and mix well afterward
- For best results, consume this tea twice a day.
- Alternatively, add 1 teaspoon of tea leaves or tea powder to boiling water
- Let it boil for about 3 minutes and leave it to cool
- Strain this tea and add honey and juice from half a lemon
- Mix it well and drink this tea regularly.
11. Oolong Tea
Oolong tea is packed with antioxidants that help to enhance your metabolism. These antioxidants, along with its’ caffeine content, MAY help to reduce fat and promote weight loss.  Furthermore, it decreases LDL cholesterol and potentially abdominal fat safely and naturally  . To make use of this tea for losing weight, follow a few ways below:
- Take an oolong tea bag and steep it in boiled water for about 2 minutes
- Take out this tea bag and consume it
- Regularly consume this tea for best results.
- Or you can also mix oolong tea powder (a teaspoon) with 1 cup of hot water
- Steep for about 10 – 15 minutes. Strain it and let it cool slightly
- Slowly enjoy this tea and drink regularly to notice the benefits.
- Alternatively, add a tablespoon each of oolong tea and green tea to 1 cup of hot water
- Later steep for about 7 minutes. Strain it and let it cool
- After that, consume this tea twice a day (preferably once in the evening and once in the morning).
- Boil water to 190 – 200ºF on the stove and then pour the water in 1 cup
- Then, fill 1 tea infuser with loose oolong tea leaves (1-2 teaspoons)
- Place in the cup and let it steep for 5 minutes
- To see the benefits, consume this tea twice a day with your meals
12. Pineapple Tea
Pineapple tea is also one of the most popular fat-melting teas for weight loss in the world . When replacing another high calorie drink, pineapple tea can help you reach your weight loss goals much faster.
It helps one to lose weight effectively because it is rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. Apart from aiding in weight loss, it comes with bromelain , one of the enzymes that contain anti-inflammatory agents to heal the body from many health troubles.
- Take boiling water (3 ½ cups) and add 3 mint tea bags or mint leaves to it
- Cover it and let it steep for 6 minutes
- Take out those tea bags and add pineapple juice concentrate (3/4 cup) and sugar (2 tablespoons)
- Add filtered tea and consume this tea with a few ice cubes.
- Wash pineapple skin and mix with dried leaves and boiling water
- Boil it for about 12 minutes. Strain the tea afterward and consume as a hot beverage
- Or leave to cool and consume cold
- Drink regularly for best results.
13. Peppermint Tea
Peppermint acts as a natural appetite suppressant , making it great for losing weight. This tea also helps relieve bloating and indigestion, making one feel lighter and help clothes fit better, and may improve immune function .
- Add 1 tablespoon of either dried or fresh leaves to 1 cup of boiling water. Steep it for about 6 minutes. Strain the tea afterward and add some honey
- Stir it and regularly consume to see the best effects.
- Simply, steep 1 peppermint tea bag in some water for about 4 minutes
- Remove the tea bag and consume once or twice per day.
14. Ginger Tea
Ginger tea has anti-obesity and anti-inflammatory effects that help in weight loss  . It also suppresses appetite, blocks fat absorption, and MAY help break down excess stored fat. Follow 2 methods below to make ginger for weight loss:
- Firstly, wash fresh ginger root – 1 inch and cut into pieces
- Bring about 2 cups of water to a boil and add the ginger
- Then, cover and steep for 15 minutes
- Strain this tea and later squeeze the juice of half a lemon into it
- Then, stir it well and drink it slowly
- For best results, consume once or twice per day.
- You can also mix ½ tablespoon of cinnamon powder with ginger powder in 1 cup of boiling water
- Then, drink once a day on an empty stomach in the morning.
- Alternatively, boil 4 cups of water and add ¾ teaspoon of ground ginger
- Before adding 1 ½ tablespoon of tea leaves, let it steep for several minutes
- Strain into a mug and add a few drops of lemon and honey
- Drink twice to thrice a day.
15. Red Tea Or Rooibos Tea
One of the most excellent fat-melting teas for weight loss is red tea. It contains a solid amount of flavonoids and polyphenols that fight against free-radicals, which further boosts weight loss. It is caffeine-free and helps control your appetite . Many people find replacing a night snack with this tea helps them stay on track with their diet.
- You can use tea leaves (a teaspoon) for every 8 ounces of boiling water
- Let it steep for about 7 minutes and to taste, add some milk, honey or sugar
- Or you can also brew the tea in some hot milk
- Drink this tea regularly to notice the best results.
- First, pour water over about 15g of rooibos and leave it to steep for 8 minutes
- Strain this tea through a sieve and sweeten with sugar, artificial sweeteners, honey and several drops of lemon juice
- Afterward, stir it well and consume this tea regularly.
Above is the list of 15 best fat-melting teas for weight loss you can easily make at home. Why don’t you take these cheap but powerful drinks instead of buying expensive weight-loss products? Remember that certain teas may interact with medications or medical conditions; thus, always consult your healthcare provider before adding any of them to your diet.
Regular exercise, a nutritious diet plan, and daily consumption of tea will help you to reduce weight quickly. Do you know any tea for weight loss? Please share your thoughts with us.
The content in this article is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always consult your physician before starting a diet, exercise, or supplement regimen. This article is intended for educational purposes only.