Having a slim and healthy body is always a dream of a lot of women. However, it seems to be hard for many people, especially overweight ones, because they don’t know how to make that dream come true. That is the reason why today we are here to tell you a secret that helps you have a svelte figure by using lemon. Continue reading this article on Beautytalk to find out why and how to use lemon for weight loss.
- 23 natural ways how to lose belly fat fast for a slimmer stomach
- Top 20 natural herbs for weight loss that work fast
- 15 Best Fat-Melting Teas For Weight Loss (Medically reviewed by Rachelle Caves, RDN, CNSC, CPT)
I. Why Should You Use Lemon?
Lemon is famous for health benefits thanks to its nutrients such as vitamin C, many beneficial plant compounds, and fiber. Some people must know the outstanding values of lemon for health, including supporting heart health , reducing cancer risk  , cleansing the liver, boosting the immune system, aiding digestion, etc. Also, lemon is also known as one of the wonderful ingredients of natural remedies to improve skin issues, such as blemishes, scars, age spots, and so on. But now, we will tell you another great benefit of this fruit that not many people know. You may be amazed to know that lemon is believed to be a weight-loss food which helps control body weight effectively.
So, why can lemon help you lose weight?
Lemon is rich in vitamin C, a nutrient that assists in lowering a stress hormone called Cortisol. As can be seen, Cortisol may affect your weight loss process negatively by triggering hunger and fat storage. A study shows that Vitamin C is an inverse proportion to the body weight, and people having low levels of vitamin C will burn less fat during exercise. Hence, by eating one lemon, you provide your body with the whole day’s worth of Vitamin C. Moreover, lemon can replace added sugar in several foods thanks to its tartness. In other words, it helps to reduce the amount of sugar your body absorbed. For instance, you can use some lemon slices or 1-2 drops of lemon juice to flavor water instead of using soda. By this way, you can slash added sugar consumption and calorie intake, which boosts the result of losing weight process.
Furthermore, lemon contains the soluble pectin fiber that may help you feel full for a longer time by expanding your stomach. This kind of fruit is also full of Polyphenols that, said by researchers, might avoid weight gain and fat accumulation as well .
Last but not least, some theories and research also shows that plant compounds found in lemon may aid in losing weight. For example, this study demonstrates that plant compounds in lemon extracts may prevent weight gain.
Though lemon can be beneficial to help you get rid of unwanted pounds, you should be a proper diet and exercise regularly. Remember that if you want to have a beautiful body, it is necessary to combine all these things.
II. How To Use Lemon For Weight Loss?
Below are the most popular five ways to use lemon for weight loss, which you can apply to eliminate the concern about overweight.
1. Lemon And Warm Water
Whether you know how wonderful it is when you mix warm water and lemon for use? If your weight makes you worried, this is an amazing way for you. The combination of these two ingredients may help you lose weight effectively. Particularly, it will contribute to detoxifying the body and getting vitamin C and antioxidants. More importantly, when you drink warm water with lemon, your body temperature will increase slightly, which activates the proper kind of thermogenesis for starting the process of fat burning.
- Prepare lukewarm water (not scalding hot)
- Squeeze ½ a fresh lemon and put it into a glass of lukewarm water
- Lastly, enjoy the drink
- Use it when your stomach is empty, especially in the morning
2. Lemon And Honey
Like lemon, honey has a positive influence on your process of losing weight. A variety of people might be wondering whether it is true because they think sugar found in honey is one of the factors causing obesity. But, in addition to sugar, honey is rich in minerals, valuable vitamins, and nutrients that assist digesting sugar accumulated in your body. Thus, you must not be worried about using honey for weight loss, especially when combined with lemon.
As can be seen, the juice made from lemon and honey may help you to lose weight effectively. So, how does it work? Drinking honey and lemon juice every day is considered a great way to remove fat deposition that happens in tissues, causing obesity. Besides, a glass of warm lemonade with honey in the morning (especially before breakfast) will help clean the system, stimulate metabolism for burning fat efficiently. Lastly, it is great for digestion. Maybe you do not know that poor digestion may lead to an increase in toxins in the intestine. The toxins are known to raise fat cell accumulation and bring about inflammatory responses, relating to weight gain. Therefore, the honey lemonade may help you prevent this problem.
- Prepare the juice of half a lemon and a teaspoon of raw, unheated honey
- Then, mix them in a standard cup
- After that, put warm water into the cup containing lemon juice and honey (note: not using boiling water)
- Drink this juice in the morning when your stomach is empty
3. Lemon And Ginger
The combination of lemon and ginger is also effective in removing several unwanted pounds. A study showed that ginger might help you get a feeling of fullness, which makes you eat less. Undoubtedly, the juice of lemon and ginger is considered as a wonderful remedy to support weight loss. In particular, this perfect mixture helps burn fat, stimulate the elimination of waste and fat from the body, enhance digestion, and simultaneously ward off inflammation and fluid retention.
- Heat up a cup of water
- When water comes to a boil, remove it from heat
- Then, put a small ginger slice into the cup of hot water and wait for 5 minutes
- After 5 minutes, add the juice of one lemon and then enjoy it
Note: you are advised to use this drink in the morning before breakfast
- Prepare the lemonade as you usually do at home (note: not adding refined sugar for sweetening)
- Put in a teaspoon of grated ginger
- Drink before breakfast
4. Lemon, Cucumber, And Mint
As you may know, cucumber is a kind of vegetable with high water content. It contains many beneficial vitamins and minerals. The high water content and the dietary fiber found in this vegetable may remove toxins from the digestive system and simultaneously assist digestion. Not only is cucumber is low in calories, but it also helps to lower blood pressure thanks to its potassium. What’s more, other benefits of cucumber for health include cutting down puffiness and bloat, firming the skin and boosting metabolism. Meanwhile, mint creates a touch of sweetness, which needs no sugar. Also like cucumber, mint may improve digestion.
So, lemon combined with cucumber and mint will have the perfect taste and bring outstanding health benefits, especially a good way to weight loss.
- Prepare 3 quarts of filtered water, one medium organic cucumber, ten organic mint leaves, 2-3 small organic lemons.
- After washing cucumber and lemon, slice them thinly
- Then add lemon, cucumbers and mint leaves into a pitcher
- Pour water into the pitcher and leave it in the fridge for at least 4 hours
5. Lemon, Green Tea, And Ginger
Green tea may also help you to shed some unwanted kilos by burning fat and boosting metabolism, according to some studies . Caffeine in green tea is known to maintain energy and alertness for the whole day. Besides, EGCG extracts from green tea is proven to improve weight loss process, especially for slightly overweight people. When combining green tea with lemon and ginger, you can create a great kind of tea that helps you to fight obesity by cleansing the body and increasing fat loss.
- Prepare a cup of water, 2 tablespoons of green tea, the juice from half a lemon and a teaspoon of grated ginger
- Boil the water and then add green tea and the grated ginger
- Reduce the heat for 2-3 minutes and let it steep for about 15 minutes
- Next, strain off the liquid and add the lemon juice
- Lastly, enjoy the drink in the morning on an empty stomach (before breakfast at least 30 minutes)
III. Warning And Precautions Of Using Lemon Recipes For Losing Weight
In spite of many lemon’s benefits for weight loss, you still remember several warnings and precautions when using it.
- Use fresh lemon juice (Note: Don’t use bottled lemon juice which contains artificial additives)
- Because of many acids in lemon, consuming it daily may damage your teeth. Therefore, you should use a straw to protect your teeth
- Along with lemon juice, you should do regular exercise and go on a balanced diet to improve your weight loss process
Above are the most popular benefits and recipes of lemon for weight loss that you should try. If you want to learn more effective ways to help you have an attractive body, please visit our Foods For Beauty page. Do not forget to leave your comments in the form below to show us your thoughts.