Apple cider vinegar is one of the most powerful ingredients that give a lot of beauty benefits. This vinegar is rich in acetic, malic, and citric acids as well as enzymes, mineral salts, amino acids, and vitamins. Being an antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antifungal, and antiviral agent, it helps to treat a common cold, arthritis pain, diabetes, muscle pain, weight issues, and high cholesterol. In addition, this natural vinegar is also becoming an amazing beauty ingredient. There are a few key attributes to apple cider vinegar that aid in maintaining beautiful skin and hair and dealing with other beauty problems. However, for its beauty benefits, you should use only the raw, unfiltered version. This version is unpasteurized and consists of the original enzymes. Today, Beauty Talk will give you top 18 beauty benefits of apple cider vinegar. You should have a look at this article to discover more about these ways because they are really useful for you when you want to take care of your skin and hair with this vinegar.
Top 18 Beauty Benefits Of Apple Cider Vinegar You Should Know
1. Make A Skin Toner With Apple Cider Vinegar
Making a toner is the first benefit listed in the top 18 beauty benefits of apple cider vinegar. Apple cider vinegar is simply the product of the apple fermentation. Apples are packed with potassium, malic acid, calcium, and pectin, and this fermentation process fortifies the product with more beneficial enzymes and acids. While it can seem to be weird to apply apple cider vinegar to your face, it is antibacterial and antiseptic, which is an extra bonus when dealing with a lot of skin conditions and infections such as acne and eczema.
A facial toner using raw apple cider vinegar will balance the natural pH of your skin, clear away excess makeup and oils, and remove the dead skin cells to keep your skin pores open. In addition, it can also lighten the age and sun spots, and improve acne & acne scars.
Besides, the natural acetic acid and alpha-hydroxy acids present in apple cider vinegar will stimulate circulation and reduce the large pores.
- Firstly, mix half a cup of apple cider vinegar and 1/2 cup of filtered or distilled water. You can also add some drops of lavender oil to it.
- Then, apply this solution to your skin with a cotton ball.
- Now, leave it on there for a few minutes before rinsing it off thoroughly with cool water.
- You may use this toner for once or twice per day. Remember to shake it well before using.
If you have a normal skin, add apple cider vinegar and water at the ratio of 1:2 to prepare your skin toner. If your skin is extremely sensitive, add more water to this mixture (1 part of this vinegar and 4 parts of water) and use this toner less frequently. Ensure to do a small test before applying it to your skin.
When you use this skin toner, the unappealing smell of apple cider vinegar may linger for some time but will subside when it dries.
2. Benefits Of Apple Cider Vinegar for Skin – Prevent Pimples And Acne
Applying apple cider vinegar to acne or pimples helps to remove them and thus giving you a flawless skin.
If you are struggling with pimples or acne, always keep the apple cider vinegar handy. This vinegar contains antibacterial and antiseptic properties that prevent pimples or acne by keeping your skin pores clean and free from oil, bacteria, and dust. In addition, it also helps to restore and balance the pH levels of your skin, which is very necessary to prevent acne breakouts.
Besides, being a natural detoxifier, this vinegar aids in protecting your body from free radicals and some other harmful toxins that cause acne. Apart from the properties fighting acne, apple cider vinegar also has the essential minerals, vitamins, enzymes, ketones, aldehydes, carbolic acid, amino acids, anti-oxidants, acetic acid, and dietary fiber, which the body needs to prevent acne and function properly.
- Firstly, mix raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar with filtered water at the ratio of 1:2 in a bowl.
- Then, apply a cotton ball soaked in this solution to the affected skin.
- Now, let it sit for at least 10 minutes before rinsing it off clearly with warm water.
- You should use this method for a few times per day for several days.
Note: If you have acne in severe cases, you should keep this solution on your skin overnight without washing.
3. Reduce Sunburn
Exposing the skin to the sunlight is very good; however, if you go out too much for a long time, you will be affected directly by the harmful ultraviolet rays, as a result, you may have sunburn. This kind of skin condition will damage to your skin and you will have some common symptoms such as red and painful skin. Sometimes, there may cause blisters filled with pus.
Treating sunburn is one of the amazing beauty benefits of apple cider vinegar that you should know. Being a natural astringent, this vinegar helps to shrink or constrict your body tissues. Therefore, it will soothe the pain and reduce the time of healing process. Moreover, it calms irritation, inflammation, and itching well.
In addition, apple cider vinegar aids in balancing pH levels of your skin, which means that it balances the acidity and alkalinity of the skin to promote the healing time and prevent blisters.
- Firstly, mix equal amounts of cool water and apple cider vinegar in a bowl. Then, massage this solution to the affected area to reduce the heat. Use this way for several times per day for a few days till your condition is improved.
- Another option, add apple cider vinegar of 1 to 2 cups to your tub filled with tepid water. Then, soak yourself in it for about half an hour. Use this method for once per day or when needed.
4. Heal Razor Bumps
When shaving and having ingrown hairs, you may have the small and irritated bumps on your skin, which can cause a lot of discomforts. To get rid of this problem, try using apple cider vinegar because this is also another benefit in the list of top 18 amazing beauty benefits of apple cider vinegar that I want to show to you in this writing!
Apple cider vinegar contains anti-inflammatory properties that will soothe your irritated skin and reduce itching and inflammation. Moreover, the acetic acid present in it will prevent infections and soften your skin to make ingrown hairs grow more easily.
Besides, this vinegar also cools your skin effectively.
- Firstly, apply a thin coat of honey to the affected area.
- Then, let it sit for about 5 to 10 minutes and then wash it off cleanly with cold water.
- Now, apply a little apple cider vinegar on the area with a cotton ball and let it dry naturally.
- Repeat this method for a few times per day till you get relief from this skin problem.
Note: If you have a sensitive skin, you must dilute the apple cider vinegar with clean water before using it.
5. Reduce Age Spots
This vinegar contains sulfur that helps to fight the effects of skin aging, consisting of age spots. This is one of other amazing beauty benefits of apple cider vinegar that I want to show to you in this article!
In addition, apple cider vinegar will dry out as well as fading away the spots more quickly. It also clears the dirt, dust, and other impurities from the skin so that you can get a brighter skin.
Besides, it balances the pH levels of your skin, which helps in clearing the brown spots and making your skin look fresh and younger.
- Firstly, pour a little apple cider vinegar onto a cotton ball.
- Then, dab this ball on age spots every night before going to sleep.
- Do not rinse it off.
Note: If you have a stinging sensation, try diluting this vinegar with clean water. Wash it off in the morning.
6. Make A Hair Rinse For A Healthier & Shinier Hair Using ACV
Promoting a shiny and soft hair is the next advantage in the list of top 18 amazing beauty benefits of apple cider vinegar that you should be aware of. It has natural alpha-hydroxy acid, working as a clarifying agent that aid in removing the dead skin cells, dirt, and buildup of shampoos & conditioners and styling products on your scalp and hair and strengthening the hair strands, leaving you soft, shiny strands. In addition, it also balances pH level of your hair, stimulates your scalp to promote the growth of hair, which is less prone to snagging or tangling.
Besides, apple cider vinegar is also loaded with nutrients that are wonderful for building luscious locks, consisting of vitamin C, B vitamins, and potassium. Moreover, this also improves the appearance of your hair, reduces itchiness, and aids in better styling.
- Firstly, mix 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar with 2 cups clean water to prepare a hair rinse.
- After shampooing your hair, pour this solution on your hair.
- Then, massage it into the scalp and let it sit for about 5 minutes before washing it off.
- Finally, rinse it thoroughly and then follow with a mild conditioner.
- Use this method for only once per week.
7. Benefits Of Apple Cider Vinegar For Hair – Keep Dandruff At Bay
While dandruff is not a very serious problem, it makes you feel embarrassing. This common problem seems to occur in the winter because of the dry weather.
Dandruff causes the oily, white flakes on the scalp and hair. This results in an itchy scalp and white flakes that drop on your clothes.
Treating dandruff is one of other beauty benefits of apple cider vinegar that you should be aware of. Apple cider vinegar contains natural antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral properties that fight and mitigate dandruff. Moreover, it contains acidic properties that help in balancing pH levels, restoring the protective acid layer of your scalp to prevent further fungal growth, and cleaning hair follicles and clogged pores.
Apart from containing antimicrobial properties, apple cider vinegar also has anti-inflammatory effects, which may counteract the skin inflammation often occurring with a dry, flaky scalp and dandruff.
- Firstly, mix 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and 2 tablespoons of water.
- Then, add tea tree oil (10 to 15 drops) to it.
- Now, apply this solution to your scalp and then massage for about 5 minutes.
- After that, leave it on there for 5 minutes.
- Finally, rinse your hair with clean water and then shampoo as usual.
- Repeat this natural way for 2 or 3 times per week.
Note: You can also combine 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar with your regular shampoo and then use it to wash your hair, massaging and focusing on the scalp.
8. Relieve Itchy Scalp
Apple cider vinegar disinfects your scalp by getting rid of the fungus that causes a dry scalp. It also minimizes the inflammation that is caused by the dry, itchy scalp.
In addition, it has active enzymes, a powerful antiseptic property, and very is rich in malic acid that aid in killing the yeast and virus causing itchy scalp. The antibacterial, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, and antiviral properties in this vinegar prevent all the bacterial, viral, and fungal activities on the scalp. It also contains a property that helps to balance the pH level of your scalp to clear dryness and itchiness. This gives you a healthy hair without dandruff and other scalp issues.
Besides, it works as a natural clarifier. The acetic acid in this vinegar removes all the buildup of shampoos and styling products on the scalp and helps in strengthening the hair by closing the hair cuticles. These processes help to promote a natural shine and then leave your hair softer and lighter.
- At first, rinse your scalp and hair with water and let it dry.
- Then, mix apple cider vinegar and clean water at the ratio of 1:1.
- Next, pour this mixture into an empty spray bottle.
- Now, apply this solution directly to your scalp with cotton balls. Or, you may also spray it on the scalp.
- After a few minutes, shampoo your hair with normal water.
- Repeat this method for 1 or 2 times per week.
9. Get Rid Of Teeth Stains
If you have yellow and stained teeth that make you fell unconfident to smile, try using apple cider vinegar. This is another benefit in the list of top 18 amazing beauty benefits of apple cider vinegar for teeth that maybe nobody tells you. Stains and discoloration may result from using tobacco products, drinking tea or coffee, and other factors.
However, the acidic nature of apple cider vinegar helps to reduce the yellow stains on your teeth. It can even kill bacteria inside the mouth to keep oral health.
Besides, apple cider vinegar is also known as a great cleansing agent with a mild action. It is also effective in maintaining the pH balance, thereby brightening your teeth. It is famous not only to eliminate teeth stains to whiten your teeth but also to treat gum diseases caused by bacteria in the mouth.
- At first, add 1/2 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to 1 cup of water and mix them well.
- Then, use this solution to gargle in the morning.
- After that, brush your teeth as usual.
- Do this method regularly for about 2 times per day to remove stains on your teeth and whiten them.
10. Keep Bad Breath Away
Due to being acidic in nature, apple cider vinegar helps to kill the bacteria causing bad breath. It also contains an antiseptic property that helps in breaking down the plaque and thus combating the bacteria causing this problem. It has natural acids such as malic acid and acetic acid that help in removing the bacteria causing bad breath.
Besides, bad breath also results from indigestion or improper digestion, this vinegar is a good digestive aid that helps your digestive system function properly. This will help to relieve the bad breath issue. This vinegar also has many vital minerals & trace elements such as calcium, sodium, magnesium, chlorine, copper, potassium, silicon, fluorine, iron, etc. which are very necessary for not only your teeth to remove a bad breath problem but also for the whole body to function properly.
- Apple cider vinegar
- At first, take 1 tablespoon of organic apple cider vinegar.
- Then, add it to 1 glass of water.
- Now, stir them well and have this water after your meal.
- Continue having this solution regularly after each meal in order to remove bad breath and relieve from indigestion and some other problems related to stomach.
If you want to discover more beauty benefits of apple cider vinegar, continue reading the next part of this article!
11. Get Rid Of Smelly Feet
Smelly feet or foot odor is a common issue that may make you feel embarrassing and unpleasant. Apple cider vinegar has antimicrobial properties that help to disinfect your feet by killing bacteria causing odor.
In addition, the antiseptic properties present in this vinegar help in deodorizing rank odor and disinfecting your feet. Also, its antifungal properties attribute prevent and fight fungal conditions such as athlete’s foot.
Moreover, vinegar is completely acidic in nature and this makes an acidic environment, which isn't ideal for bacteria causing foot odor to survive in.
- At first, mix 1 cup of apple cider vinegar with 4 to 5 cups of lukewarm water to make a foot soak.
- Then, soak your feet in the solution for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- After that, wash your feet clearly with water and an antibacterial soap.
- Follow this method for once per day for a few weeks.
12. Reduce Cellulite with Apple Cider Vinegar
Reducing cellulite is one of other beauty benefits of apple cider vinegar that you should know. The powerful astringent and skin-toning properties in this vinegar help to get rid of cellulite, the free-moving fat cells beneath your skin.
Furthermore, apple cider vinegar can help to remove cellulite due to the minerals, potassium, calcium, and magnesium present in it. All these elements always play an important role in flushing out toxins along with water retention around your thighs and stomach to decrease the appearances of cellulite.
Moreover, apple cider vinegar aids in weight loss and helps to improve the skin elasticity well.
- At first, mix olive or coconut oil and apple cider vinegar at the ratio of 1:3. Then, apply this mixture on the affected skin. Now, gently massage it for about 15 minutes. Follow this way for twice per day.
- Another option, mix raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar (1 to 2 tablespoons) and honey (1 teaspoon) in 1 glass of water. Then, drink this solution for twice per day. This solution helps to fight hormonal imbalance in your body, one of the main reasons for weight gain.
13. Whiten Yellow Nails
Yellow nails can make you feel embarrassing. This may result from working with dyes or chemicals, a fungal infection, poor lifestyle habits, or excessive smoking. Whatever the causes, brighten your nails with apple cider vinegar because this is the next benefit of top beauty benefits of apple cider vinegar for nails.
The acetic and malic acids in apple cider vinegar help to reduce discoloration of your nails. In addition, this vinegar is also effective for curing nail infections causing discoloration.
In fact, the fungus will thrive when the skin surrounding a nail gets more alkaline. This vinegar increases acidity, which balances the pH levels of your skin and kills the fungus. The acidity of this vinegar also reduces pain and itching. It combats the bacteria, germs, and some other micro-organisms causing nail fungus. In addition, it contains antiviral, antibacterial, and antifungal properties that prevent future fungal infections.
- Firstly, mix half a cup of apple cider vinegar and 1/2 cup of lukewarm water to make a nail soak.
- Then, soak your yellow nails in this solution for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- After that, rinse it off.
- Finally, massage a little olive oil into your nails.
- Follow this method for twice per day until your fingernails are no longer yellow.
14. Treat Bug Bite
Treating bug bite is another advantage in the list of top 18 amazing beauty benefits of apple cider vinegar that you should try. While the acids present in apple cider vinegar neutralize the itch, while its anti-inflammatories reduce swelling. In addition, it also contains pH-balancing properties that help to reduce the healing time.
The alkalinity of this vinegar can also help to neutralize the pH level of an infected area as well as reduce itching.
Besides, this vinegar is also less acidic than other types of vinegar and a good option for restoring natural pH levels.
- At first, apply directly raw apple cider vinegar to the affected area.
- Then, let it dry and then wash your skin.
- Reapply this vinegar on your skin after a few hours if you have still symptoms.
15. Heal Bruise
Apple cider vinegar has natural nutrients that will reduce the bruises. In addition, being a natural anti-inflammatory property, apple cider vinegar may be very effective in healing bruises and calming injured skin.
Besides, the acetic acid found in this vinegar increases circulation and speeds up the process of healing. You should use it for several days till you see an improvement.
Here is the recipe using this vinegar to heal bruise that is considered as one of the amazing beauty benefits of apple cider vinegar.
- Firstly, soak a paper towel or cloth in apple cider vinegar that is mixed with clean water and then place it on your affected areas as a compress for at least 10 minutes.
- Or, you may also dip a raw or roasted onion piece, which helps to reduce inflammation and pain, in apple cider vinegar. Then, apply it to the affected area. Now, leave it on there for about 15 to 25 minutes.
Note: Do not use these methods on the broken skin.
16. Natural Deodorant
Eliminating body odor is one of other beautiful benefits of apple cider vinegar that I want to share with you because it can reduce the pH levels of your skin. Bacteria cannot live in the environment with a low pH level. Use this vinegar as a great body deodorant and remove the bacteria causing body odor.
In addition, it is a famous bacteria-fighting ingredient. Raw apple cider vinegar containing the “mother” should be more effective for this treatment. When it comes to body odor, you not only apply apple cider vinegar to the skin but also consume it for better effects in controlling the sweat production. Have a look at the methods in which you may use this vinegar to get rid of your body odor.
- Firstly, pour raw apple cider vinegar onto a clean cotton ball and then rub it on your underarms before taking a shower. Now, wait for about 2 to 3 minutes and then wash it off or take a bath.
- Or, you can also add 1 cup of this vinegar in your bathtub and then soak for about 8 to 10 minutes. This also controls excessive sweating.
17. Remove Wart
Apple cider vinegar, when rubbed on warts can aid in getting rid of this problem. Warts might cause swelling and a little pain. However, applying apple cider vinegar on warts regularly can gradually aid in peeling them off. The acidic properties of apple cider vinegar help to soften and remove warts naturally from the roots. Besides, the antiviral property of this vinegar will slow down the further growth as well as the spread of the virus. Therefore, this protects other parts of your body against warts.
Pure apple cider vinegar is free from synthetic chemicals; hence, it can be used to eliminate warts safely.
- Firstly, rinse the affected area with clean water.
- Then, apply petroleum jelly to the skin surrounding wart to prevent the skin from the effects of apple cider vinegar.
- Now, dip a cotton ball in this vinegar and place it on a wart.
- Use a band to keep this cotton ball on warts in place.
- Now, leave it overnight.
- Use the method daily before going to sleep to remove warts.
18. Beauty Benefits Of Apple Cider Vinegar – Support Weight Loss
The organic acids and enzymes present in apple cider vinegar increase your metabolism, allowing your body to burn off fat more quickly. It also suppresses your appetite, which helps you to eat less to look thinner.
In addition, apple cider vinegar can help your body to stay hydrated and refreshed while reducing water retention. It is also loaded with fibers and potassium that keep the blood sugar levels low, which is very necessary to reducing weight.
Besides, it contains essential minerals and vitamins, powerful enzymes, pectin, potash, acetic acid, amino acids, propionic acid, alcoholic acids, and other beneficial acids, which aid in speeding up your metabolism and reducing weight without losing important nutrients. It also helps in proper digestion, which flushes out toxins and helps to eliminate stored waste from your colon and intestines. This vinegar aids your body in burning off calories, lowering cholesterol, and feeling more energetic.
- Firstly, mix 2 tablespoons of raw apple cider vinegar in 2 glasses of water.
- Then, drink it about half an hour before each meal.
Note: Consuming this mixture between meals will help to speed up the process of weight loss.
If you want to learn more about natural home remedies & beauty tips for other hair and skin problems, go to our main Foods for Beauty page. After reading the article of top 18 beauty benefits of apple cider vinegar for skin and hair, hope that it can help you find out the best methods using apple cider vinegar to take care of your skin and hair. If you have any question, or you know other beauty benefits of apple cider vinegar, please leave them below.