Moisturizing is considered as an essential part of the daily skin care, which aids in keeping your skin supple, radiant, young, and healthy. There are tons of commercial moisturizers on the market, but now you needn't rummage through the cosmetic shelves of the market to purchase moisturizers and spend much money. In addition, these moisturizers can contain some of the chemicals that may harm your sensitive skin. Therefore, people with a sensitive skin tend to find recipes to make a natural moisturizer without spending too much money. Continue reading the writing on Beauty Talk to know 5 best ways to make a natural face moisturizer for sensitive skin at home, which brighten your skin and keep it hydrated. All these recipes to make a natural moisturizer for sensitive skin are cheap and completely free of chemicals. So, don’t worry and try it now!
- Face wash for sensitive skin: don’t skip these 10 unrevealed ways
- 21 homemade face pack for dry skin that work naturally
5 Best Ways To Make A Natural Face Moisturizer For Sensitive Skin At Home
1. Natural Moisturizer For Sensitive Skin – Recipe 1
Shea butter is very great for your sensitive skin because it will not clog your skin pores. It also contains amazing moisturizing and healing effects, which is good for helping to treat eczema and other skin diseases. It actually helps to protect the skin from UV radiation. Moreover, the high contents of vitamin A, vitamin E, and vitamin D aid in fighting wrinkles by maintaining the elasticity of your skin.
Apricot seed oil is light and it has moisturizing effects. This oil is a non-irritant while it is also soothing so it is great for people who have sensitive skin. Because apricot seed oil is light, it does not feel too oily on the skin. It aids in improving your skin tone, nourishing it, and lower the aging signs, such as wrinkles, fine lines, and blemishes.
According to LiveStrong, vitamin E oil helps to prevent the formation of wrinkles & fine lines by blocking damage caused due to free radicals. It can treat wrinkles by boosting the production of collagen, a connective tissue that is responsible for keeping the skin elastic. Also, vitamin E oil treats wrinkles by supporting the growth of new skin cells and speeding cell regeneration . It is also a natural sunblock, which protects the skin from UV radiation.
Besides, aloe vera gel is widely used for all skin types, including dry skin, damaged skin, aging skin, sunburned skin, and sensitive skin. It contains regenerating and healing components that improve your skin complexion well. It cleanses your skin, fights bacteria, and restores the damaged skin cells. In addition, it hydrates your skin deeply and prevents the skin from contacting with cruel elements in nature. Also, the rich sources of the vitamin, folic acids, B12, and choline present in aloe vera are great antioxidants for skin care.
BeautyTalk Partner Solutions
Ask Any Questions and Get Answers within Minutes, 24/7!
The Medical Experts are available whenever you need them. You can even approve payment only when you’re completely satisfied.
- 3 tbsp. of apricot seed oil
- 3 tbsp. of shea butter
- 1 tsp. vitamin E oil
- 1 tsp. of aloe vera gel
- 5 drops of helichrysum essential oil
- 5 drops of myrrh essential oil
- 3 drops of clary sage essential oil
- Firstly, add the shea butter to a mixing bowl.
- Then, use a hand mixer or a blender with a whisk attachment to whisk away the butter. You can see it whips up quite nicely!
- After that, drizzle it in apricot kernel oil, aloe vera gel, vitamin E, and the essential oils.
- Finally, your moisturizer for sensitive skin is ready!
- You can store it at room temperature and use it within a few weeks.
2. Natural Moisturizer For Sensitive Skin – Recipe 2
As you may know, shea butter  absorbs deeply into the sensitive skin quickly and then firms and keeps the skin hydrated. It improves the skin elasticity and redefines your facial contours. In addition, it gives your skin a life so that you can get a healthier skin. This natural recipe of moisturizer for sensitive skin also helps to defend against the fine lines and wrinkles on the face. It aids in moisturizing the dry sensitive skin while giving a younger skin tone and fighting against the aging process. Moreover, it is beneficial in helping to even the creepy lines & crow’s feet around your eyes.
- 1 tbsp. of shea butter
- 2 tsp. of rose water
- 2 tsp. of baby oil
- Firstly, add the shea butter to a pan and place the pan on a low flame to melt the butter.
- Then, mix baby oil with the completely melted butter.
- After that, remove the pan from heat and then pour the rose water into it.
- Now, mix them well and allow it to cool.
- To use, apply it to your sensitive skin to prevent dryness. Store it for further uses.
- You can use this moisturizer anytime to keep the skin supple and moisturized.
It penetrates deep into your skin and locks moisture in it to offer quick relief from dryness. This natural moisturizer with shea butter & baby oil always works wonder on the sensitive skin to keep it smooth and soft. It also eases wrinkles & fine lines and improves your skin tone.
To learn other simple recipes on how to make a natural moisturizer for sensitive skin, you should continue reading the next part of this article!
3. Natural Moisturizer For Sensitive Skin – Recipe 3
Vitamin E is regarded as a natural moisturizer for sensitive skin. When used on the skin, it helps to make the skin smoother, softer, and younger. Vitamin E also restores the lost moisturizer of your skin. This vitamin protects your skin from various rough elements, such as dryness, rosacea, sensitivity, etc. It gives a deep and long-lasting hydration to your skin when used daily. Vitamin E is a great antioxidant while it is also perfect for dehydrated, mature, dry, and sensitive skin. It improves the texture, tone, and elasticity of your skin and minimizes wrinkles.
Besides, jojoba oil is also particularly great for a sensitive skin. It is very easy to absorb by your skin and it’s potent and nourishing to your sensitive skin. Moreover, this oil has a quite long shelf-life. It makes the face skin glowing by conditioning and hydrating it. Jojoba oil restores the lost oil caused by the soaps, face washes, cleansers, etc. This oil hydrates and protects your dry, chafed, or even chapped skin in the dry weather .
- 1/4 cup of shea butter
- 2 tsp. of jojoba oil
- 1 tsp. of vitamin E
- 3 tsp. of aloe vera juice
- 6 drops of Frankincense oil
- 6 drops of lavender essential oil
- 5 drops of rose essential oil
- Firstly, mix shea butter with jojoba oil in a glass jar and then place it in a large frying pan.
- Next, pour 1 cup of clean water on the frying pan and then turn on medium high till completely melted.
- Then, put off the stove and cool it down for 20 minutes.
- Now, pour into a larger bowl and add aloe vera juice & vitamin E oil to it.
- After that, use a blender to blend them for 5 to 10 minutes or until they are well mixed.
- Then, add essential oils to it and blend them again until it hardens into a lotion.
- Finally, pour the lotion into a glass jar.
You can use this moisturizer for sensitive skin up to 6 months.
4. Natural Moisturizer For Sensitive Skin – Recipe 4
This gentle lotion is perfect for people with sensitive skin because it contains apricot Kernel seed oil and avocado butter.
In this recipe of moisturizer for sensitive skin, avocado butter is useful in smoothing a rough skin. Besides, apricot Kernel seed oil can be used to moisturize the face, skin, and all body parts. Apricot seed oil helps to inhibit the destruction of minerals and vitamins of your skin. This moisturizer also ensures the maximum effects on your sensitive skin. It has a long shelf-life and can absorb quickly into the skin. This oil is rich in vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin C, & vitamin E and contains a lot of antioxidants that help to hydrate your skin and fight the free radicals.
- 1 tbsp. of avocado butter
- 1 tbsp. of emulsifying wax NF
- 1 tbsp. of apricot Kernel seed oil
- 6 tbsp. of distilled water
This recipe makes about 4 ounces (120 grams) of moisturizer for sensitive skin.
- Firstly, combine the apricot Kernel seed oil, avocado butter, and emulsifying wax NF in a heatproof container or a small canning jar.
- Then, measure the water in another jar.
- Next, add 1 or 2 inches of water to a saucepan and place both jars into this pan.
- Now, place it over a medium burner and heat the jars for about 10 minutes. After that, turn off the heat and remove this pan from it.
- Next, pour the melted mixture into the jar of distilled water. The combination should turn milky white when the emulsification process begins.
- After that, stir for about 30 seconds and then set it aside to cool down for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Keep stirring occasionally when the lotion cools. It can take several hours for this moisturizer to completely set up.
- Finally, spoon your moisturizer into a jar and you’re done!
- If you add a preservative, you should add it while the moisturizer is cooling down. Proper temperatures vary, which depends on every type. You should learn about this clearly before using it.
- If you don’t want to use a preservative, keep your moisturizer in the refrigerator and then use it within 1 to 2 weeks.
5. Natural Moisturizer For Sensitive Skin – Recipe 5
Olive oil is completely perfect for this recipe of moisturizer for sensitive skin. Olive oil contains natural acids and antioxidants that help to strengthen the natural barrier of your skin . It has micro-flora (healthy bacteria) and a combination of sebum (known as the natural oils on your skin). Both of them show a reflection of the balance in the skin. When applied to your skin, olive oil based moisturizer absorbs quickly. Instead of standing on top of the skin, as commercial moisturizers do, the nutrients in this moisturizer for sensitive skin penetrate into your skin, giving you a supple, radiant look.
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of emulsifying wax
- 1 & 1/4 cup of water
- Firstly, fill a small pan with water and then set it on medium heat to utilize as the water bath.
- Then, combine the olive oil and emulsifying wax into a heatproof cup and melt this mixture in the above water bath.
- Next, fill another 2-cup measurer with clean water and then heat it in a microwave on high for about 2 minutes or till it boils. Or, boil water on a stove and then pour the water into the measurer.
- When this mixture has melted completely, add it to the water. Your moisturizer should have a consistency of skim milk.
- After that, let it cool, stir with a clean spoon or chopstick and then pour the moisturizer into a bottle when it is still warm & pourable. Otherwise, it will be hard to get the moisturizer into its container. If you use a wide mouth jar, this isn’t an issue.
- Finally, leave off the cap to cool it completely, but occasionally cap this lotion and shake it to help to blend the mixture.
Above are 5 best ways to make a natural face moisturizer for sensitive skin at home that you should try. If you know other recipes to make a moisturizer for sensitive skin, please share with us by leaving your comments at the end of this writing. For other natural recipes for beauty conditions, please visit our DIY Beauty page.