Acne most often affects young adults and adolescents, with an estimated 80 % of people between the age of 11 and 30 undergoing acne at some point. Cystic acne is common in teenagers and is the most severe form of acne that can affect anyone at any age. You can either choose cosmetic procedures or try out natural remedies to battle this type of acne. Many at-home methods are cited to be super excellent for the cystic acne problem. Natural ingredients such as tea tree oil, baking soda, turmeric powder, coconut oil, etc., when combined with other equally effective ingredients can be used for fighting this unpleasant skin issue. Just whip these elements into facial masks that can help treat this condition by disinfecting your skin and unclogging the pores. In this article, you will know how to make the best DIY face mask for cystic acne treatment at home using natural ingredients.
- Must-know tips and tricks to get rid of cystic acne naturally
- The best ways to remove acne scars from face naturally
DIY Face Mask For Cystic Acne – The Best Homemade Recipe
I. How Do These Ingredients Work In This Face Mask For Cystic Acne?
This DIY beauty recipe is here to provide you with an extra boost to make your skin look better. Let us find out the benefits of all the ingredients in this recipe including turmeric, coconut oil, and olive oil for cystic acne.
Turmeric can get rid of cystic acne effectively. This yellow spice is well known for its curcumin that naturally eliminates pain and inflammation. It is an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant that has been evaluated in dealing with acne, treating wrinkles and fine lines, and brightening dark spots on your skin. It also fights infection since it functions as a natural antiseptic. When it is applied to acne, turmeric first helps to dehydrate them, drain out the pus and soothe the pain associated with cystic acne.
2. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is helpful for destroying the bacteria contributing to cystic acne owing to its antimicrobial and antibacterial properties. It penetrates easily into your skin to help disinfect pores and thus clears the sebaceous glands, and banishes the acne. Along with that, it serves as a solvent which is useful for removing grease and dust and protecting your skin from oxidative stress.
3. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is enriched with caprylic and lauric acid that possess antibacterial, antimicrobial, and antifungal properties which naturally battle the bacteria causing cysts on your skin. The oil is also loaded with medium-chain fatty acids, which have been shown to murder the acne-causing bacteria named Propionibacterium acnes. Besides, this oil is full of vitamin E which helps to fade away acne scars.
II. How To Make This Face Mask For Cystic Acne?
This recipe is easy to prepare at home and try it right now.
You Will Need
- Turmeric powder – 1 pinch
- Coconut oil – one teaspoon
- Tea tree oil – three drops
What To Do
Just combine the turmeric powder with the oils. Evenly spread this mask on your affected area. Remove it from the area with lukewarm water after five minutes and apply a light moisturizer afterward. Use this process twice per week to get instant relief from this condition.
After using tea tree oil to cure acne, avoid going out into the sun because the UV rays can cause redness and irritation. Also, do a patch test with diluted tea tree oil and check for any reaction before using it.
III. Must-Know Tips For Cystic Acne Treatment
- Keep your hair off and clean your face.
- Use a gentle cleanser to wash your affected skin twice every day.
- Avoid common skin irritants such as oil-based sunscreens and cosmetics.
- Refrain from excessive washing and scrubbing, which can irritate your skin.
- Reduce your stress levels because stress may cause acne.
- Keep your hormones under control by performing a regular physical exercise.
- Reduce friction from cloth since it can irritate the skin and result in acne.
- Stay away from drinking and smoking since these will make your skin condition worse.
- Avoid excessive sweating and after exercising, clean your face with the help of water.
- Get at least eight hours of sleep every day to boost up the healthy and glowing skin.
- Before your bedtime, ensure to remove your makeup.
- Don’t squeeze or pick your acne that can result in further infection or scarring.
- Consume plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated and follow a good skin care routine.
- Avoid oily, junk, and fried foods, as these foods will worsen the condition.
What do you think of our post? Was this useful? Are you going to try applying this homemade face mask for cystic acne treatment? Please share your experience, queries, and suggestions in the comments section below.