Do you feel discomfort when having some warts on the body parts? Are you tired of finding the treatment that works really for this issue, even finding medical help? In fact, there are some commercial products that promise to remove warts fast. However, many people do not believe and skip using these products due to its side effects. Luckily, to remove ugly warts, you just need tea tree oil alone or combine it with some other natural ingredients. Don’t worry about its side effects because it is very safe and effective for removing your warts. Now, let Beautytalk.com introduce to you some of the best ways to use tea tree oil for warts removal. But before getting the detailed recipes, we reveal to you the reason why tea tree oil can help to get rid of warts.
Why Should You Choose Tea Tree Oil To Remove Warts?
Tea tree oil is famous for its antiseptic & anti-inflammatory properties that help to reduce the symptoms of swollen and painful warts . It is also used as a main ingredient in some medicines such as medicines associated with skin problems. This oil is mostly recommended as a natural skin care agent. In addition, it is used to give relief from inflammation & redness and to treat infections and bacterial & fungal diseases.
Tea tree oil contains Terpinen-4-ol, a broad spectrum antimicrobial compound that inhibits HPV growth causing warts and fights against various fungi, viruses, bacteria, and protozoans . Its antiviral effects help the body to fight virus causing warts . It is very effective and safe for topical use. Also, using tea tree oil to remove warts won’t leave behind any scar after warts have fallen off. This is because tea tree oil aids in promoting the healing of wounds and scars. Being a natural fungicide, tea tree oil restricts or prevents warts from being infected by parasitic fungi.
17 Best Ways To Use Tea Tree Oil For Warts Removal
1. Tea Tree Oil Only For Warts
Using this tea tree oil for warts will show you its effects within just a few days. It kills wart causing virus and thus, removes warts. You may dilute the oil a bit, which will depend on the reaction of the skin to its concentration. If the solution is more concentrated, the treatment will be more effective. Therefore, try to adjust a dose that has a maximum efficacy of this oil and doesn’t cause any reactions on the skin.
- Firstly, wash warts with a mild soap and warm water and then pat it dry.
- Next, apply 1 drop of the undiluted tea tree oil to warts and then cover with a clean bandage.
- After that, leave it on for 8 hours or overnight.
- Finally, remove the bandage and rinse the area with water.
- Repeat the same process daily.
Note: If directly applying the undiluted tea tree oil causes an unbearable burning sensation, you should dilute it with an equal amount of water.
2. Add Tea Tree Oil To Bath Water
Taking a bath water mixed with tea tree oil is very beneficial in soothing the irritation that is caused due to warts. In addition, it also helps you to soothe the itchy and stinging feeling caused due to genital warts.
- At first, add some drops of the tea tree oil to a bathtub filled with warm water.
- Then, soak the affected areas for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Repeat this method 2 to 3 times per day.
3. Carrier Oil & Tea Tree Oil For Warts
Carrier oils are considered one of the best methods that help the skin to penetrate essential oils better. You can dilute the tea tree oil with a little almond oil, coconut oil, and olive oil. Almond oil contains vitamin A that helps to soften your warts and kill virus causing them. The anti-viral properties present in coconut oil are helpful in fighting HPV causing warts. And olive oil helps wart removal a lot thanks to its powerful anti-inflammatory property.
- Firstly, mix 4 to 5 drops of the tea tree oil with 1 tbsp. of carrier oil of your choice in a bowl.
- Next, apply the oil mixture to warts and then gently massage for a few minutes.
- After that, leave it overnight and wash it in the morning.
- In severe cases, you may apply it 2 to 3 times per day.
If you have genital warts, you can apply the mixture of 1 tsp. of tea tree oil and 4 drops of organic olive oil to the affected genital areas. Follow the method several times a day.
4. Epsom Salt & Tea Tree Oil For Warts
Epsom salt contains magnesium sulfate that offers a dehydrating effect. This effect helps to dry out warts and then make them fall off. The combination Epsom salt and tea tree oil works well on warts on the ankles and feet.
- At first, wash your feet and pat them dry.
- Then, add Epsom salt to a bucket of lukewarm water.
- Now, soak your feet for 30 minutes and then pat them dry.
- After that, soak a small cotton swab in tea tree oil and carefully apply it to plantar warts.
- Now, secure the cotton swab with one gauze and wear socks to keep the swab in place overnight.
- You leave it on overnight and wash it with warm water in the morning.
- Follow it daily for about 15 days.
5. Aloe Vera & Tea Tree Oil for Warts
Aloe vera is loaded with Auxin and gibberellin hormones that offer healing and anti-inflammatory properties. Therefore, it can help to treat warts by killing virus causing warts and speeding up the healing process.
- At first, mix equal parts of fresh aloe vera gel & tea tree oil together.
- Then, apply the mixture to the affected areas.
- Now, keep it on overnight.
- Follow the method daily before going to sleep until warts fall off.
6. Lavender Oil & Tea Tree Oil For Warts
Lavender oil contains antiseptic and anti-microbial effects that help to treat warts by healing the infection and soothing the skin .
- Firstly, add equal parts of lavender oil & tea tree oil in a bowl and then mix them together.
- Now, apply this mixture to the affected areas.
- After that, leave it on for a few minutes to dry it naturally. You can also cover the applied areas with bandages and leave on overnight.
- Repeat the way daily.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar & Tea Tree Oil
Apple cider vinegar has antimicrobial properties that have amplified effects on the virus when combined with the antiviral compounds of the tea tree oil. In addition, the acidic content of apple cider vinegar can help to destroy the wart tissues .
- Firstly, mix 1 drop of apple cider vinegar, 1 drop of the tea tree oil, and 2 drops of clean water.
- Then, apply it to warts.
- Now, cover them with band-aids.
- You can change the band-aids every 5 to 6 hours and then reapply the mixture.
8. Garlic & Tea Tree Oil For Warts
Garlic is comprised of antiviral and antioxidant effects that can aid in killing bacteria causing warts .
- Firstly, use a cotton swab to apply 2 to 3 drops of the tea tree oil to warts.
- Next, chop a slice of garlic and then tape it with band-aids or clean cotton cloths over warts.
- Now, wear a sock to keep these band-aids in place for 3 to 4 hours and keep it on overnight.
- Repeat it daily before going to sleep.
9. Eucalyptus Oil & Tea Tree Oil For Warts
Eucalyptus oil has antibacterial and antiseptic properties. It helps to prevent infection and speeds up the healing of the skin.
- Firstly, mix a few drops each of eucalyptus oil and tea tree oil in a bowl.
- Now, apply this mixture to your warts and then cover with a bandage.
- After that, leave it on overnight.
- Follow the process daily.
10. Essential Oils & Tea Tree Oil For Warts
A great variety of essential oils help to treat warts and other skin conditions. They contain many therapeutic effects and are known for working as an effective topical application on the skin.
- At first, add 2 drops of the tea tree oil, 2 drops of lemongrass oil, 2 drops of eucalyptus oil, 2 drops of Manuka oil, 2 drops of peppermint oil, and 1 tbsp. of any carrier oil into a bowl.
- Next, stir them well and then store it in a dark bottle.
- Now, apply this mixture to the affected areas with a cotton ball.
- After that, secure it with a clean bandage and keep it on overnight.
- Follow this simple remedy daily.
11. Grapefruit Seeds & Tea Tree Oil For Warts
In this remedy, you can use grapefruit seed powder. Or, you can also soak grapefruit seeds in clean water and then grind these seeds to make a paste.
- At first, add several drops of the tea tree oil and the grapefruit seed paste or grapefruit seed powder into a bowl.
- Next, stir it well and then apply the mixture to genital warts.
- Now, leave it on for about 30 minutes.
- Finally, wash off the area with warm water.
- Repeat this remedy twice a day.
12. Vitamin E Oil, Castor Oil, & Tea Tree Oil For Warts
The mixture of vitamin E oil, castor oil, and tea tree oil is very effective in getting rid of genital warts. The antioxidants found in vitamin E oil help to prevent further infections, soothe warts, and reduce the healing time. The ricinoleic acid in this combination contains antiviral properties that will kill the virus causing warts.
- Firstly, mix 1 tbsp. of tea tree oil, 8 drops of the vitamin E oil, and 1 ounce of castor oil.
- Next, soak a cotton ball in this mixture and then place it on your warts.
- Then, secure it with a tape of bandage and keep it on for about 8 hours or even overnight.
- Repeat the remedy 3 to 4 times a day.
13. Baking Soda, Castor Oil, & Tea Tree Oil For Warts
The exfoliant effect of baking soda breaks the cluster of the skin cells from a wart. In addition, its astringent properties help to dry out warts, which will make them fall off quickly. Besides, baking soda helps to detach warts from your skin. It is also a natural astringent, which will help to absorb the moisture from your warts. This will make the virus unsuitable to survive in the environment. Hence, this eventually causes warts to fall off.
- At first, combine 1 tsp. each of castor oil and baking soda.
- Then, add some drops of the tea tree oil to it and stir them well.
- Now, apply this paste on your plantar warts after rinsing your feet.
- After that, gently massage for 1 or 2 minutes and cover with a bandage.
- Finally, keep it on overnight and rinse off the feet with warm water in the next day.
- Repeat this method twice per day.
14. Iodine & Tea Tree Oil For Warts
Iodine is loaded with antiviral properties that help to destroy the human papillomavirus . The mixture of iodine and tea tree oil is very effective in getting rid of warts on your hands, feet, & ankles.
- Firstly, add 1 drop each of tea tree oil and iodine and mix them well.
- Then, apply the mixture to warts.
- Now, leave it on for some minutes to dry it completely.
- Repeat the way 2 to 3 times a day.
15. Table Salt, Water, & Tea Tree Oil For Warts
Tea tree oil mixed with table salt & water is one of the most effective ways on how to use tea tree oil for warts on the hands and feet. Besides, the disinfectant effects of salt aid in preventing the further spread or growth of infection.
- Firstly, dissolve 1 tbsp. of table salt in 3 to 4 liters of warm water.
- Then, add 2 to 3 drops of the tea tree oil to the water.
- Now, soak your hands & feet in this solution for 15 to 20 minutes. You should do this process before going to sleep for best results.
- Repeat the method daily.
16. Banana Peel & Tea Tree Oil For Warts
The banana peel helps to keep the skin hydrated and allow this oil to penetrate into the skin layers deeper to kill the virus causing warts .
- At first, take a ripe banana and use a sharp knife to cut tits peel into a square shape larger than warts.
- Next, apply a cotton swab soaked in the tea tree oil to warts.
- After that, cover this area with the inner side of the banana peel.
- Finally, bandage it in place before leaving it on overnight.
- Repeat this remedy daily.
17. Clove Oil, Lemongrass Oil, Oregano Oil, & Tea Tree Oil
Clove oil is packed with antiviral, antiseptic, and pain relieving effects. Oregano oil is a strong antiviral and antimicrobial agent, while lemongrass oil seems to be famous for its astringent and antiseptic properties. Therefore, the combination of these essential oils is great for getting rid of warts.
- Firstly, take 2 drops each of clove oil, tea tree oil, oregano oil, and lemongrass oil and 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a bowl.
- Then, mix them together.
- Now, use a cotton swab to dab the mixture on warts.
- After that, leave it on for overnight.
- Repeat the method daily for two weeks.
Note: if you have an extra sensitive skin, you should be careful when using tea tree oil and clove oil because it may cause redness and irritation. So, you should apply petroleum jelly to the surrounding areas of the wart to avoid discomfort.
Tips & Precautions
- Tea tree oil is totally toxic if you consume it. Never drink it or eat it. Also, it may cause swelling and skin irritation for some people.
- Dilute tea tree oil to avoid discomfort.
- Perform a small patch test first before using the oil. Just apply a small amount to the skin surrounding your warts. Observe for 24 hours or more and see if you have any burning sensation or irritation.
Above are some effective ways on how to use tea tree oil for warts removal that you should try. If you know other remedies for warts with tea tree oil, please share with us by leaving your comments at the end of this writing. For other natural remedies for skin conditions, please visit our Skin Care page.