Dry skin is frustrating and hard to handle. It can put the main snag in your regular skin care regime. Applying makeup for dry skin can be discouraging. Foundation along with other skin makeup products often appears uneven and makes the skin look and feel flaky when you have dry skin. However, since you have dry skin does not mean you cannot own a radiant complexion. You just need to know the proper products to use and the proper way to apply them to obtain the best effects for your dry skin. In this article, you will discover top 10 simple tips and tricks to get the best makeup for dry skin. Keep reading to know more about these ways.
- The best makeup for oily skin in summer: top 10 tips & tricks
- The best homemade face pack for dry skin
- Easy ways to make the best face wash for dry skin in winter
- Easy ways to make a natural moisturizer for dry skin in summer & winter
- Vitamins for dry skin, scalp, & brittle nails in adults
The Best Makeup For Dry Skin – Top 10 Simple Tips & Tricks
I. Simple Tips & Tricks For Dry Skin Makeup
1. Wash Your Face By Using A Gentle Face Wash
Before putting on makeup, always wash your face. Remember to use a gentle face wash that is appropriate for dry skin. It will help to take impurities out of your skin and make it look soft and fresh.
Make sure to exfoliate your skin to flush out any flakiness and start your beauty regime with a smooth canvas before starting your makeup routine. Avoid using harsh exfoliating products to scrub your skin. Instead, it is best to use a gentle exfoliating daily face wash to eliminate any flaky or dead skin without inflaming the rest of your face. Alternatively, you can make a homemade scrub to help peel the dead skin cell. A sugar and coconut oil scrub works best for your dry skin. Just add two tablespoons of sugar and one tablespoon of coconut oil in a bowl. Rub this combination in a circular motion onto your face for one minute. After that, rinse the scrub off with warm water.
3. Begin With The Right Base
Avoid tinted moisturizers together with BB creams if your skin is dry. Although these products are useful for many types of skin, they inhibit dry skin from getting the hydration and moisture it needs from your makeup base. Begin your makeup routine by using a facial moisturizer. Just need to apply the moisturizer to hydrate your skin. Ensure that you use a non-comedogenic, oil-free formula to avoid contributing to breakouts and adding extra oil to the skin. Use a gel-based primer after moisturizing your skin. This primer aids in increasing the longevity of your makeup and transforming your dry skin into a hydrated and smooth canvas for your makeup.
4. Apply Concealer
Concealer is useful for camouflaging any skin imperfections, eliminating redness, and covering the under eye circles. More importantly, it can make the makeup complete and accurate. It is recommendable for dry skin because it will form the ideal base for a flawless makeup look. It is best to apply it before your foundation.
5. Use Liquid Foundation
When you’re struggling with the problem of dry skin, avoid any powder-based makeup product. Powder products can cause visible powdery residue on the skin. Instead of any powder product for the skin, go for a liquid foundation formula. Dry skin requires a lot of moisture, and the liquid foundation will be excellent for moisturizing your skin and preventing the makeup from gathering into the dry patches of the skin. Instead of a foundation, you can use BB cream or a tinted moisturizer.
6. Reverse Dullness
Your skin often appears dull when it is dry. It is suggested to add liquid hydration to the skin to offer it a dewy finish and reverse its dull appearance too. This technique doesn’t add hydration to the skin, but it helps your skin appear brighter. Keep a pair of facial moisturizer and tweezers with you in your car or purse at all times. Use your tweezers to ease any flakiness when you see your skin getting flaky during the day. Then, blend a small quantity of moisturizer into the dry regions to remain a hydrated finish for the skin.
7. Stop Using Your Fingers
You will automatically remove hydration and moisture from your skin when you apply your makeup by using your fingers. So, make sure you use a makeup brush or sponge to blend your makeup into the skin. Instead of your fingers, use these tools to ensure that you don’t remove hydrating from your skin when you blend your makeup.
8. Use Setting Spray
If your skin is dry, ensure to use a setting spray to set your makeup, as it will seal the moisture in the skin and make it look radiant. Don’t use a setting powder since it removes the moisture from your skin and makes it dull and dry.
9. Avoid Loose Powder
Your skin will look flaky and dull if you apply loose powder to dry skin. But if your T-zone areas including forehead, nose, and chin are oily, you can dab some powder in those areas. Otherwise, you can skip this step.
10. Do A Touch-up
Ensure you always check up on your makeup. If you feel that the skin is becoming flaky and dry, apply a moisturizer. Remember to pat your moisturizer on the dry region. Don’t rub the moisturizer since this will fade away your concealer and foundation.
II. Tips To Keep In Mind For Dry Skin Makeup
- Wash your makeup tools and brushes every month.
- Ensure you pat your foundation correctly or else the makeup will stay on the skin’s surface. It makes your makeup look uneven.
- Always use a high-quality foundation.
- While applying makeup around your eye, be careful, because it can get inside the eyes and lead to an irritation. Use cool water to wash your eyes instantly.
III. Must-Know Tips To Take Care For Dry Skin
- Combine aloe vera pulp with a spoon each of honey and homemade curd or whisked cream. Combine these things well and apply to your face for 10-15 minutes. After that, rinse it off by using clean water.
- Take one tablespoon of papaya pulp and start applying it to your dry facial skin. After a few minutes, use normal water to rinse it off.
- Avoid extreme hot baths since they can damage and dry out the skin. Instead, stick to lukewarm water.
- Increase the levels of moisture in your living space by fixing humidifiers in your room. It will help to fight against your dry skin issue.
- After cleansing your face, don’t leave your skin bare. Apply a moisturizer immediately.
- People with dry skin need to avoid products having strong fragrances and harsh chemicals. They make your skin red, irritated, scaly, and itchy.
- Wear comfortable clothing that does not feel scratchy on your skin. Light cotton and khadi are great choices.
- Avoid too much sun exposure. Dryness and tanning may be a lethal combination.
- Ensure you frequently moisturize your fingertips and palms because they are often exposed to harsh products. Also, moisturize the soles of your feet.
To conclude, the dry skin problem is a frustrating skin condition, but it does not have to destroy your makeup routine. You just use the tips & tricks in this article to combat your dry skin. Do you know other tips and tricks to get the best makeup for dry skin? If yes, let us know in the comments box below. All of the contents provided in this article are for informational & educational purposes. We recommend you consult a healthcare professional to determine which method is appropriate for you.