Dry skin makes you look old and gives a worn-out appearance to you. Dryness makes the skin itchy, and it can result in more severe conditions such as eczema or dermatitis if left unchecked. Skin dryness happens when your skin cannot retain moisture. Other factors causing dry skin include; using cosmetic or harsh soap products with harmful chemicals; taking long, hot showers, etc. There are some available commercial moisturizers in the market for the treatment of dry skin, but most of them come with harmful chemicals that are not good for your skin in the long run. Instead, a homemade DIY face mask for dry skin can be useful for nourishing and hydrating your skin. This face mask is very easy to do at home by using natural ingredients in your kitchen room. Continue reading this post on Beauty Talk to know more.
- Must-know tips and tricks to improve dry skin in winter months
- Proven home remedies for dry skin on face & body in children & adults
The Best DIY Face Mask For Dry Skin Using Natural Ingredients At Home
I. Which Ingredients Used To Do This Face Mask For Dry Skin
All the components in this facial mask contain a variety of properties that are beneficial for your skin.
Oatmeal can eliminate dirt and dead skin cells from your skin while moisturizing and soothing it, as it functions as a gentle scrub. It additionally helps to repair and heal skin since it embraces amino acids and anti-inflammatory properties. It also helps to inhibit moisture loss from your skin by forming a protective layer on it, as it contains polysaccharides. Its anti-inflammatory properties are potent in protecting the skin against damage and dryness caused by sun exposure.
Milk is high in nutrients and fats, which further aid in rejuvenating your damaged and dry skin. It is also well known for its vitamin D which is excellent for enhancing the production of collagen in the dry skin and improving skin elasticity. It is also ideal for repairing connective tissues of dry skin owing to its beneficial proteins. Apart from that, it is flooded with magnesium that reduces the aging procedure of dry skin, preventing blemishes and wrinkles.
Honey is highly beneficial for healing dryness and skin damage caused due to excessive sun exposure because it consists of anti-inflammatory properties. Plus, it is full of antioxidants that guard your skin against environmental damage and oxidative stress, both of which lead to dry skin. Moreover, the nutrients and enzymes found in honey are effective for removing dry skin cells from the surface of the skin.
4. Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender essential oil is ideal for soothing skin disorders including dry, irritated, or dry skin. It also helps to reduce scarring. Furthermore, it helps to nourish your skin that will be useful for replenishing and hydrating it.
II. How To Do This Face Mask For Dry Skin?
You Need To Prepare
- Raw honey – two tablespoons
- Lavender essential oil – 2 or 3 drops
- Oatmeal powder – two tablespoons
- Milk powder – two teaspoons
How To Do
Pour the oatmeal powder in a bowl and add the milk powder to it. Pour in the honey and add the essential oil. Blend these things well and apply this mask to your affected areas with a cosmetic brush. Use warm water to rinse it off after 15 minutes and after that, apply a moisturizing, light cream to lock in the moisture. Try following this mask three or four times per week for best results. You can also apply this DIY beauty recipe to provide the immediate relief from redness and irritation caused by dryness because oatmeal has soothing properties.
III. Must-Know Tips And Tricks To Smooth Your Dry Skin Fast
- After taking a shower, frequently apply moisturizer to the body to keep the skin hydrated.
- Use glycerin oil and petroleum jelly on the skin.
- Get enough sleep every day.
- Use herbs such as thyme, basil, mint, etc.
- Wear sunscreen and moisturizing lotions to protect your skin.
- Regular exercise is helpful in banishing the dry skin and maintaining healthy skin and mind.
- Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol.
- Always have cool or lukewarm showers. Avoid using hot water because it removes the essential and valuable oils of your skin and leaves it dry.
- Natural fibers such as silk and cotton will allow the skin to breathe, yet wool can irritate normal skin. Thus, select the fabrics which will suit your body and skin.
- Use a humidifier to prevent the dry skin. Always change the water and cleanse the humidifier frequently.
- Wear vinyl gloves while washing dishes, clean room, furniture or house, etc. which helps to guard your hands against chapping, chaffing & other harsh chemicals.
Try applying this DIY face mask for dry skin at home and let us know how it helped you. Also, remember to share with us if you know any other recipes to make a natural face mask for dry skin.