It seems that many diseases still exist without human’s recognition that raises a big concern about our health, in general. Herpes is among those diseases, which can become very dangerous and threaten a being. Known as a common sexually transmitted disease, herpes is a harmful infection caused by herpes simplex virus. According to Medical News Today, this virus impacts the anal region, external genitalia, mucosal surfaces as well as skin different parts of your body.  To help you know how to treat herpes, Beauty Talk would like to conduct a new article about this topic, which shows you various homemade treatments for herpes. Thus, you can treat it yourself naturally but still effectively.
10 Best Ways On How To Treat Herpes Naturally At Home
I. Facts About Herpes
In order to treat herpes perfectly, we need to understand what it is, initially. Actually, herpes is categorized as a long-term condition that can reveal outside with some common symptoms such as ulcers, blisters, pain when urinating, vaginal discharge, and even cold sores. In general, the virus can exist dormant inside your immune system for such a lifetime and result in blisters bursting and turning into ulcers or open cold sores before healing. Sometimes, personnel containing herpes simplex virus does not have any symptoms, which makes it harder to diagnose and stop .
However, nothing is impossible with scientific advancement. In these days, people find out various ways on how to treat herpes both medically and naturally. If you want to seek to medications, you can visit a doctor. If you rely on home remedies, you can take our suggestions on how to treat herpes as references.
II. 10 At Home Solutions For Herpes Removal
1. How To Treat Herpes with Ice Packs
Let’s start with the simplest treatment, ice packs. Traditionally but still effectively, ice packs can help relieve the pain as well as discomfort resulting from herpes outbreaks. Therefore, don’t forget this easy tip on how to treat herpes at home! To implement, please follow our suggestions:
- Wrap a small ice cube in a soft towel or cloth
- Then place it on the infected area
- Maintain for 10 minutes
- Repeat several times per day and keep doing for a few days to recognize the effect
2. How To Treat Herpes with Apple Cider Vinegar
Regarding viral infections, we cannot skip an amazing homemade solution like apple cider vinegar. As you may know, this kitchen staple contributes largely to treating many viral diseases and herpes is not out of its reach. In fact, apple cider vinegar decreases the severity of the disease thanks to its astringent, anti-inflammatory, and especially disinfectant properties. Of course, there is no difficulty in implementation. Here is the direction:
- Prepare a cup of apple cider vinegar and some cotton balls
- Dip the cotton ball into the liquid and dab it on the infected area
- Do this three or four times per day and maintain for two or three days
- Note: For more supportive effects, you can drink a cup of water with one or two teaspoons of the vinegar twice per day during flare-ups.
3. How To Treat Herpes with Garlic
Indispensably, garlic should be added to the list of tips on how to treat herpes at home. For a long time, garlic has been used for many medical purposes because it possesses the strong natural antimicrobial as well as anti-inflammatory functions, which also plays the key role in treating herpes outbreaks .
According to a 1992-research published in the news Planta Medica, researchers found that chemical named allicin contained in raw garlic contributed to fighting the virus. Additionally, garlic oil also is reportedly packed with the antiviral compound ajoene. To know how to treat herpes with garlic, you can follow our recipe below.
- Crush several garlic cloves and place them on the affected area
- Leave it for about 10 minutes
- Repeat the process several times per day and keep doing for two days to see the improvement
- Note: garlic cloves possibly cause a burning sensation.
- You can make garlic oil by cooking fresh cloves in olive oil
- Simmer until it changes into brown
- Then strain to get the oil
- Use garlic oil to apply on the affected area from 2 to 3 times a day
Actually, you can eat one or two garlic cloves per day to prevent herpes .
Read more: Ginger for hair growth
4. How To Treat Herpes with Hydrogen Peroxide
Another way on how to treat herpes is to use hydrogen peroxide as a disinfectant. Thanks to the extra oxygen molecule, this treatment can chemically react with scavenger and free radicals as well. As a result, during an outbreak of herpes simplex virus, you can apply hydro oxygen to stop the problem.
- Use 3% hydro oxygen peroxide and a cotton ball to apply to your affected area
- Let it stay for a while before washing off
- Keep applying hydrogen peroxide every several hours in a couple-day routine
Get more: Benefits of baking soda
5. How To Treat Herpes with Lemon Balm
If you are still looking for another familiar natural home remedy for herpes, lemon balm would satisfy your curiosity. Lemon balm works effectively to decrease the intensity of herpes outbursts. Simultaneously, the antiviral and antibacterial properties provided by lemon balm contribute significantly to the treatment. Researchers also pointed out that the compound called eugenol contained in lemon balm could act as an effective pain reliever. Now is the time for you to know how to treat herpes at home with lemon balm.
- Have lemon balm tea a few times per day and maintain the habit for several days until you see the improvement
- Or else, apply lemon balm oil on the affected area and let it stay there for a while. You can apply lemon balm tea bags in case of unavailability of the oil. Apply this method 3-4 times per day
- You also can dab lemon balm extract and leave it dry on the affected area naturally. Repeat the process several times daily
6. How To Treat Herpes With Licorice Root
It is incomplete if we skip the good effect of licorice root on treating herpes. According to scientists, this natural ingredient has the ability to enhance the immune system as well as combat herpes virus. Especially, it carries an active ingredient named glycyrrhizin, which is known as an anti-inflammatory and antiviral agent. This makes licorice root beneficial for herpes treatment. As followed, you can refer to our direction.
- Licorice root powder: one tablespoon
- Water: ½ tablespoon
- Mix licorice root powder with water to make a fine paste
- Then apply the solution on the affected area for a few hours
- Repeat the process 3-4 times every day to recognize the result
- You can make use of liquid licorice root cream, gel or extract if you want.
However, people who have high blood pressure are advised to avoid taking licorice root internally. Sometimes, any skin irritation happens, please stop using the remedy.
Get more: Home remedies for low blood pressure
7. How To Treat Herpes with Tea Tree Oil
If you are an essential oil-lover, you might be aware that tea tree oil is also another answer to the question how to treat herpes at home. The anti-inflammatory, pain-relieving, and especially antiherpetic properties are three major forces making tea tree oil helpful for the treatment. Researchers also found that terpenes and phenylpropanoids were contained in the oil, which brought the powerful antiviral function.
All the explanations above are a consensus that tea tree oil can be an effective homemade treatment for herpes as well.
- Tea tree oil: 10 drops
- Vegetable oil: ½ ounce
- Optional: 2 drops of peppermint oil, 5 drops each of geranium and myrrh
- Dilute tea tree oil with other ingredients
- Then apply the mixture on the affected area
- Repeat the process 3-5 times per day until the outbreak is gone
Read more: Tea tree oil for scabies
8. How To Treat Herpes With Peppermint
As mentioned above, peppermint is also another solution for herpes. In fact, you can use peppermint tea to reduce the severity of the outbreak and soothe the pain. It is also useful for reducing inflammation.
On the other hand, you can make use of peppermint oil because it has the same effect with the tea’s one. Furthermore, the essential oil provides a virucidal impact on the herpes simplex virus, according to a study published in Phytomedicine in 2003 .
Simply, just take peppermint tea at least twice per day or apply peppermint oil to the affected area several times a day. Remember to using a cotton ball and dip into the water before into peppermint oil.
9. How To Treat Herpes with Aloe Vera
Regarding tips on how to treat herpes naturally, we cannot ignore the great use of Aloe Vera anymore because it brings amazing antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties. It seems that any method relating to Aloe Vera is very simple to carry out.
- Peel the Aloe Vera leaf to get the gel
- Then apply the gel to the affected area
- Let it dry naturally and wipe it off after that.
- Repeat the process a few times per day for a three-day routine
Aloe Vera is also an indispensable name in terms of herbal beauty that you should not skip.
10. How To Treat Herpes with Coconut Oil
Last but not least, coconut oil would perfectly complete the list of natural remedies for herpes. As you may know, coconut is rich in lauric acid that has the ability to convert into a monoglyceride. This element is also called monolaurin, which provides us the effective antibacterial and antiviral functions. At the same time, thanks to the presence of lauric acid along with capric acid, the ability to kill herpes virus of coconut oil is enhanced significantly.
To know how to treat herpes with coconut oil, you just simply follow our instruction like this. In one way, you can consume 10-30 ounces of organic virgin coconut oil on a daily basis. In another way, you also can take lauric acid through supplement but you are supposed to consult your doctor in advance for a safe reason. Anyway, coconut oil and lauric acid supplement can contribute dramatically to the treatment so that you can rely on them.
Learn more: Benefits of coconut oil
III. Some Small Advice
Indispensably, diet plays an important role in treating any disease or health issue, which in turn, drives us to conduct the last part of this article. In addition to applying those tips on how to treat herpes that we have suggested above, you need to pay attention to your daily diet in order to support the treatment well.
During the herpes outbreaks, you should add more lysine-rich foods to your diet. For instance, dairy products, nuts (excluding peanuts), eggs, soybeans, apricots, mangoes, and extra are several choices for your daily meals. Plus, a supplement of L-lysine could be recommended in case of essence.
Besides, a higher portion of vegetable such as kale, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower is highly recommended during the treatment because they help inhibit the development of herpes virus as well.
Read more: Foods that boost skins elasticity
All above are several tips on how to treat herpes at home. We believe that you can select the most suitable method among them and apply on your own. Nevertheless, there is no perfect guarantee of their effects, thereby consulting your doctor if you have some out-of-desire symptoms. Any question, feedback, and review are highly recommended putting below.
For further information and topics, please visit our Health page.