If you have had pain in the lower abdominal area and the feeling of sitting for hours in the toilet, but you cannot urinate, you will understand how important home remedies for bacterial infection in urine are. Urinary tract infections often cause uncomfortable symptoms such as urinary incontinence, blood in urine, urinary retention, lower abdominal pain, and pain in the lower back. Usually, people with those features should probably go to the doctor to check for bacterial infection in the urine. Let Beauty Talk help you with natural & effective home remedies for bacterial infection in urine. Luckily, there are several home remedies which can help you to get rid of this trouble. Don’t worry about this, and just be patient and read this article to get yourself the best solution. Candidly, when you calm your condition, you can implement some natural home remedies to deal with the condition easily.
8 Home Remedies For Bacterial Infection In Urine Revealed Firstly
I. What Is Bacterial Infection In Urine?
The urinary tract consists of two kidneys with two urinary catheters starting from the kidney to the bladder. The urinary bladder and the urinary catheter from the bladder to the urethra make way for urine to come out. The primary function of the urinary tract is to act as a filter for the body, which will remove the excreted waste and toxic chemicals from the bloodstream through the urine. Urine is normally sterile (bacteria will not enter). But for some reasons, it causes bacteria from the outside through the urethra to enter the urinary tract. The bacteria develop there and cause urinary tract infection.
The severity of the disease depends on the severity of the infection. The urinary tract infection may result in cystitis, kidney infection, and other health problems, such as hypertension, kidney failure, and sepsis.
Urinary tract infections, if left untreated, can interfere with the function of the bladder or kidney in both men and women, and the urinary tract can be permanently damaged.
II. Symptoms Of Bacterial Infection In Urine
Symptoms of bacterial infection in the urine include:
- Back pain, burning sensation when urinating, and fever.
- Swelling of the legs
- Swelling of the hands, feet, or ankles
- Blood in the urine or urinary tract
- Swollen eyes
- Nails convex
- Skin problems
- Nausea and vomiting
What we have to know that with our social living style in the present age, it is likely for everyone to get a bacterial infection in the urine. The choice is made by yourself, but sometimes it slips out of your control. So, you should find the right home remedies for bacterial infection in urine as soon as possible.
III. The Cause Of Bacterial Infection In Urine
As many as 80% of older patients with urinary tract infections are caused by a bacterium called Escherichia coli (E. coli). It is a type of bacteria that usually appears in the colon. The proportion of women with urinary tract infections is higher than that of men, which is due to the urethra of women located near the source of bacteria from the anus and vagina. Also, the urethra of women is much shorter than that of men, so the bacteria can easily enter the bladder to cause the infection.
Urinary tract infections may also be caused by several other bacteria, including Staphylococcus (5-15%), Chlamydia trachomatis, Proteus, and Mycoplasma. Men and women who are infected with Chlamydia trachomatis or Mycoplasma can infect the partner when they have the unprotected sex  .
As for some women, even when they have sex with a non-infected man, they may also have a urinary tract infection for some unclear reasons, such as the use of vaginal diaphragms and condoms containing a disinfectant that can increase the growth of E. coli bacteria in the vagina. This type of bacteria will go into the urethra and cause illness.
For some reasons, patients cannot urinate normally, but urinary catheters (which are inserted into the bladder to make the urine path) are also a possible cause of the infection. The longer the tube travels, the higher the probability of infection.
Children may also suffer from urinary tract infections because the bacteria from the diaper that attach to the stool can move deep into the urinary tract and cause the illness. Also, teenagers have the habit of wiping the anus back and forth after the urination also can cause the bacteria to enter the urethra and cause illness.
Also, other risk factors include:
- Caused by kidney stones or prostate gland, which block the way of urine out of the bladder
- Due to congenital malformations of the urinary tract, especially bladder-urethral reflux
- Newly–married women have regular sex but improper genital cleaning.
- Women at menopause: Decreased estrogen levels also diminish the immune system and the ability to deal with urinary tract infections.
- Hormones of pregnant women changes in the body, putting pressure on the bladder.
- Patients with diabetes
- Men with circumcision
- Drinking less water
- Due to paralysis, immobilization for a long time
- Are suffering from kidney stones
- Urethral constriction due to congenital or traumatic injury
IV. Natural Treatment Solutions For Bacterial Infection In Urine
Parsley juice can help to reduce urinary tract infections and speed up the healing, as it acts as a diuretic. It is one of the most effective methods for urinary tract infections. Parsley juice is a cleanser for the kidneys, and it flushes toxins out of the body well. It contains many essential nutrients, such as vitamins A, C, B, potassium, sodium, thiamin, and riboflavin. You should bring some parsley leaves and boil them with water.
How to do:
- About 90g fresh parsley or 2 tablespoons dried parsley, 240 to 480 ml of water.
- Boil water and add parsley. Simmer for 6 to 10 minutes. Filter leaves and drink the water while it is still hot. If it is summer, it can be kept in the refrigerator and used as often as iced tea.
Garlic is believed to be a good solution for bacterial infection in the urine. “Garlic contains allicin, which possesses exceptional antimicrobial properties that fight against multiple strains of bacteria.” (Medically reviewed/ fact checked by Dr. Millie Lytle, ND, MPH). It is also an antioxidant that may help treat a wide range of diseases. Eating 3 to 4 raw garlic cloves may be used within a few days. Studies have shown that beneficial microbes will improve overall health and digestion, assist kidneys in removing wastes, and reduce the risk of kidney stones. If you are pregnant, or allergic to antibiotics and medicines, you can use garlic instead, because garlic is considered a natural antibiotic , safe and easy to find. Garlic is also a popular spice in many dishes, and you can add garlic to your diet every day or if you can, eat raw garlic so that the bacteria are eliminated faster through the urinary tract.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has certain enzymes, potassium, and minerals that can prevent urinary tract infections thanks to its antimicrobial activity that fights against Escherichia coli. People with urinary tract infections should use apple cider vinegar as a natural antibiotic and store it at home. Apple cider vinegar and honey are beneficial in treating kidney infection. Apple cider vinegar helps to detoxify the blood, while honey has antibacterial properties . When combined with other ingredients, the effect is better than to use them separately.
How to do:
- Mix 2 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar with a glass of clean water, add some lemon juice and honey, then you mix them well together. This should be done twice a day.
- Mix a few tbsp. of apple cider vinegar with warm water and wash the urethra daily to get the best effect.
4. Drink Plenty Of Water
It may sound trivial compared to a great remedy, but you need to do when you are having signs of urinary tract infections . It can reverse the bacteria, and it is especially important as it motivates you to urinate. When you get urinary tract infections, you should drink plenty of water, about 8-10 cups of water a day. Drinking plenty of water will push the bacteria out of your body through the urination faster. You can also drink fruit juices; fruits are rich in vitamins and minerals like coconut water, orange juice, etc.
5. Baking Soda
Of course, it’s not fizzy drinks and sugar; it’s just soda from baking soda. Baking soda is a miracle alkaline that can help neutralize the acid and reduce acid levels in your urine. If you have to struggle with burning urine, baking soda will help you reduce the discomfort. Baking soda balances the acid in the urinary tract and relieves pain from the disease effectively.
How to do:
- Prepare one teaspoon of baking soda, and about 240ml of water.
- Stir the baking soda into the water until it is completely dissolved, drip the cup of water so that it is in each light. Do not continue to drink for more than a week if you need to limit salt intake because of the high sodium content of baking soda.
6. Frequent Urination
It seems to be a solution that everyone knows. Because the urge to urinate is the symptom of this condition, so there is no reason to keep that discomfort inside your body. So to reduce the risk of illness, it is best to urinate more often. Also, when you have seen signs of urination, it is best to go pee immediately. In spite of the pain, the more you pass urine, the greater the chance of recovery.
Bacterial bromelain in pineapple – an anti-inflammatory enzyme, can deal with urinary tract infection effectively. Instead of taking antibiotics, you can drink pineapple juice daily to remove harmful bacteria in the urinary tract. You should choose fresh pineapple instead of pineapple juice sold with available preservatives, which are not good for health.
How to do:
- Prepare one green pineapple, 10g of alum sugar. You bring the green pineapple to the fire for about 1 – 2 minutes, clean it well, extract its juice, and add sugar to stir well. Follow this solution three times a day for about 3 days.
8. Vitamin C
Another great way to treat urinary tract infections is to eat citrus fruits such as oranges, tangerines, grapefruit, and lemons to provide vitamins for the body. They are rich in acids that help to remove the bacteria from the urinary tract faster. Vitamin C is crucial and beneficial for urinary tract infections, as it increases the acid concentration in the kidneys, thus making the bacteria unable to grow. Therefore, eating oranges or any citrus fruits every day will have favorable results. However, if you do not like citrus fruits, you can take vitamin C tablets once a day after breakfast.
V. How To Prevent Bacterial Infection In Urine From Recurring?
- Drink plenty of water
- Do not hold the urinating
- Should shower under the shower rather than bathing, do not urinate immediately after bathing
- Hygiene of the genital area, washing from front to back to urinary tract infections from the anus
- Wash the urethra and vulva after each sexual intercourse but not deeply cleansed in the vagina
- Hygiene of the genitals both before and after sex.
- For sexually active women and men, it is best to urinate before sexual intercourse for 15 minutes so that the urine stream removes the bacteria out of the body before spreading the bacteria that localize in the urethra.
- Eat plenty of fruits, such as orange, lemon, and grapefruit regularly. These fruits make the urine sour. In an acidic environment, the bacteria will be harder to grow than normal.
VI. When To See A Doctor?
- Have experienced UTI symptoms before and experience those signs once more.
- Have minor signs of a UTI that do not disappear in 1 to 2 days, such as painful feelings or burning sensation when you do the urination, bad-smelling urine, or the urge to do the urination while there are only small amounts of urine passed.
- Have signs of blood or pus in your urine.
- Experience signs of a UTI, and you have diabetes.
- Have been prescribed with antibiotics for a UTI, but your signs of condition do not get better, or they recur after improving for a short period.
Above are 8 natural home remedies for bacterial infection in urine. If you want to learn more about the natural treatments for other health conditions, please visit our Health page. Do not forget to leave your comments in the form below to show us your thoughts.