Generally, the nail fungus is known as a fungal infection that forms beneath the nail. This condition will spread to other areas of the body or result in loss of the nail if you don’t cure it immediately. Low immunity system, mold or yeast, diabetes, poor hygiene, wearing unbreathable synthetic socks, etc are the main causes of nail fungus. It often causes some symptoms such as inflammation, extreme pain, yellow nail color, swelling, dull with no shine or luster, crumbling or thickening of nail. To prevent and treat nail fungus, you can use some simple tips and natural home remedies. To know more the ways how to remove nail fungus naturally and fast, continue reading this article at Beauty Talk.
18 Easy Ways How To Remove Nail Fungus Naturally And Fast That Work Well
1. Using Your Nail Polish
In case your nails suffer from a fungus development, moisture is considered as the best enemy of them. You need to coat the nail with 1 layer of nail polish when the first signs of development of the fungus appear. This tip prevents moisture, thus preventing that fungus from spreading further. This tip is very simple but effective in getting rid of nail fungus.
2. Trim The Nails Regularly
Keeping the infected nail dry and clean is a great way to remove nail fungus naturally.
Remember to keep the nails short because dust, bacteria and grime get trapped in the long nails. You also trim them regularly to remove nail fungus naturally. Don’t cut cuticles and just gently push them back with the orange stick.
3. Using Herbal Vitamins
For preventing and treating the nail fungal infection, there are a number of natural dietary supplements working well. Hence, this is also an ideal way on how to remove nail fungus naturally. These supplements help to combat the fungus infection by building your immune system strong. Some supplements, which are very great for this purpose, include Magnesium, Calcium, Tea Tree Oil, Vitamin A, Grapefruit Seed Extract as well as Probiotics like ‘lactobacilli’.
4. Eating Foods That Are Rich In Zinc
Zinc deficiency can cause white spots on nails. Overeating of foods that are rich in zinc can increase in body toxicity and lead to hair loss, so moderation is recommended to address this deficiency. A few foods, which are rich in zinc, consist of Mutton,beef, sesame seeds, oysters, roasted pumpkin seeds, roasted squash seeds, dried watermelon seeds, peanuts and dark chocolate.
Learn more: Top 38 Natural Solutions For Skin Rejuvenation
As you are at home, you should walk barefooted. It helps to heal the area because footwear worsens the situation. Remember to stay away from wearing synthetic socks because they cause bacteria to flourish and trap moisture. You should wear cotton socks instead of wearing synthetic socks. Plus, avoid wearing sandals or socks with dry feet. It is suggested to use an antibacterial soap to wash soiled socks in lukewarm water. In fact, this is also an effective treatment to the query how to remove nail fungus.
6. Surgical Nail Removal
A doctor might determine a surgical nail removal in some rare cases. This might completely or partially get rid of the infected nail. You will have to care for the wound, taking about 2 weeks to heal and a new toenail takes a minimum of 1 year to grow completely. It doesn’t guarantee remedy because the new toenail can get the fungus from the surrounding skin.
7. Air Your Feet
This is also one of the best ways on how to remove nail fungus naturally. It’ll help to prevent and remove nail fungus effectively. While you’re at your workplace during the day, you need to take off the shoes to air your feet at regular intervals. You should flex your fingers to encourage blood circulation.
8. Sterilize Nail Cutter And File
Nail cutter and nail files should be sterilized to disinfect them after every use. For this, you make a solution by mixing some hydrogen peroxide and water. Then dip them in this solution for 10 to 15 minutes and afterwards wash with plain water. If you’re taking professional help in order to get your nails filed and trimmed, ensure that these equipments are disinfected.
9. How To Remove Nail Fungus With Apple Cider Vinegar
For looking for the natural ways on how to remove nail fungus, you should consider using apple cider vinegar. Apple cider vinegar (ACV) helps to soothe sunburns, manage the level of blood sugar, balance the pH level in body, and support on weight loss, as well. It also contains anti-fungal properties, according to Dr. Josh Axe at the Exodus Health Center. Besides, apple cider vinegar consists of the acidic properties that give nail fungus prevention from spreading. Additionally, using apple cider vinegar remove dead skin cells while fighting off bacteria and fungi as well. Here’s the recipe that describes you on how to remove nail fungus with the help of apple cider vinegar:
- You just need to mix water and apple cider vinegar in equal parts. Then, use the solution to soak your infected nails for about half an hour. After soaking, pat dry your infected nails.
- For removing nail fungus completely, it’s advised to repeat this process daily.
10. Using Probiotics
Taking a probiotics supplement having at least 5-10 billion CFUs (colony-forming unit) of the lactobacillus bacteria every day can help to boost the immunity, thus promoting healthy nail growth, according to the University of Maryland Medical Center. Furthermore, probiotic agents give an efficient way to maintain or restore the healthy bacteria balance in body by putting a stop to the spread & growth of infectious nail fungi. It is suggested to use a probiotic supplement. Remember to choose probiotic supplement coming from a good pharmaceutical manufacturer and having no artificial preservatives.
11. Using Fresh Garlic Cloves
Crushed garlic cloves are used as an antifungal herbal treatment to boost the immune system, according to Director of the Cleveland Clinic Center for Functional Medicine, Dr. Mark Hyman. He also notes that the presence of antimicrobial properties in garlic can also help hinder the spread of fungus in the body. Besides, garlic comprises of compounds such as allicin and ajoene, which contain antifungal properties. Therefore, using garlic is also a good cure to the query on how to remove nail fungus naturally. The method is:
- First, crush fresh cloves of garlic and mix them in white vinegar.
- Later soak the infected nails in this mixture for about ten minutes. You should repeat this remedy daily until your fungus clears up.
12. How To Remove Nail Fungus With Lemon Juice
Lemon juice can help to remove nail discoloration and enhance the nail care regimen. Lemon juice with the antifungal and antiseptic properties can further restrict nail fungus from spreading. So, how to remove nail fungus with the help of lemon juice? Follow step by step directions below:
- For this remedy, you should simply apply some lemon juice on your infected nail.
- After about 30 minutes, rinse off with the help of warm water.
13. Using Bleach
Bleach is also a popular treatment that is utilized to deal with fungal nail infection. According to the American Osteopathic College of Dermatology, using bleach helps to stave off the development of Pseudomonas aeruginosa, which is a type of bacteria causing green nail syndrome (a specific fungal nail infection). The method is:
- For the safest application, you need to mix bleach (1 part) with water (100 parts).
- Later soak the infected fingernail or toenail for at least fifteen minutes in this solution.
- Repeat this twice daily, preferably before going to bed and in the morning.
14. Using Tea Tree Oil for Nail Fungus Removal
Tea tree oil contains fungicidal and antibacterial qualities which make it become a popular way on how to remove nail fungus naturally. They have been used for centuries for healing injuries in the skin. They also have rich medicinal values making them good enough in combating against infections. Besides, they consist of antibiotic agents that aids in combating against ailments such as skin infections, burns, etc. Using this oil on a daily basis is said to treat fungal infections on nails. Moreover, the can improve the health and appearance of nails. Here are three ways to use this oil for removing nail fungus:
- First, take tea tree oil (1 teaspoon) and orange oil (1/2 teaspoon) and grapeseed or olive oil (1/2 teaspoon).
- Mix it well and then soak a cotton ball in it a couple of minutes. Then, press onto the affected nail gently.
- Let the liquid dry on the nail naturally and repeat this process every day for desired results.
- First, take some drops of tea oil and pour them onto 1 cotton ball. Later apply to your nail fungus and rub it for about 10 minutes on the affected nail.
- Scrub it gently with a toothbrush on the affected nail.
- Repeat the process twice a day
- All you have to do is mix a small amount of tea tree oil and olive oil together.
- Stir it well and rub on your infected nail using this combination.
- Keep it on for a couple of minutes and lastly, wash it off with the help of water.
- Pat the nail dry and reapply it frequently for few days.
15. Using Over-The-Counter Antifungal Nail Ointments & Creams
You can easily find several products for removing nail fungus on the market. If you see white markings on the nail surface, you need to file them off, soak the nails in some water, dry them, and later apply the medicated lotion or cream. If you suffer from athlete's foot and nail fungus as well, treat the athlete's foot by using medicated sprays or powders and keep your feet dry and clean.
16. Using Coconut Oil
The medium chain fatty acids present in coconut oil helps to act as natural fungicides. It has lauric acid, which comprises of anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. Additionally, an anti-fungal property housed in this oil helps to combat against the fungal action. It also comes with 8% caprylic acid, which is effective against fungus. Further, this oil comes with the moisturizing properties that will make the nails soft. Follow the directions below:
- Prepare some coconut oil and apply it to your affected nail thoroughly. Then, massage it gently. Leave it to absorb and dry naturally.
- Remember to wash the hands in between applications.
- This process must be repeated two to thrice times every day until you get complete cure from the nail fungus.
17. Removing Nail Fungus With Epsom Salt
Epsom salt is also regarded as an excellent remedy to the query on how to remove nail fungus naturally. It contains some minerals such as sulfate and magnesium, which are readily absorbed through your skin. Magnesium helps to regulate enzymes and lowers inflammation while sulfates help your body absorb nutrients and flush toxins. To treat nail fungus, you just need to soak the affected nails in a mixture of a pinch of Epsom salt and warm water about 2 to 3 times a day.
Because poor blood circulation is also one of the initial conditions promoting toenail fungus, it’s vital to improve this condition. One of the best methods to improve blood circulation is through exercise. You have poor circulation as your hands and feet tingle or become numb or swell, or are discolored (red or purple or spotty). To help promote blood circulation, you just need to walk for 15 minutes a few times a day. Also, the foot massage can lift blood circulation to your toenails.
If you want to see more our articles, visit our main Skin Care page. With patience, you’ll eradicate the infection completely. For more information on methods to protect yourself as well as your family from this problem, talk to your doctor as well as other medical professional.