About 2/3 of people in the United States are either obese or overweight. However, there are also lots of people with the opposite trouble of being too skinny. We often talk about weight loss problems, but there are also lean people who want to gain several pounds in this world. Being thin is not always a great feeling. This article will show you some of the best ways on how to gain weight fast and safely for women and men. These ways not only help you gain weight but also make you look fit and healthy.
- Foods that make you gaining weight
- Cheap healthy foods for weight loss & energy
- Best fat-melting teas for weight loss
- Natural herbs for weight loss
18 Right Ways On How To Gain Weight Fast & Safely For Women & Men
I. Diet Tips For Weight Gain
Focusing on eating food is a great way to gain weight fast. Follow some of the diet tips below:
1. Healthy Fats
Generally speaking, good fats are essential for the production of hormones such as testosterone and muscle growth. This is necessary for the strength and growth of muscles. It additionally aids in elevating the metabolic rate, thus helping the body gain good fats and lose bad fats. Monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats are good fats which can be attained from salmon, nuts, leafy veggies, avocados oil, flaxseed oil, and many seeds. Besides, healthy fats are a rich source of omega 3 & 6 fatty acids.
2. Add Calories To Your Diet
Everything you consume contains some calorie content. You consume foods with fewer calories to reduce weight whereas you need to eat foods with more calories to gain weight. Foods rich in proteins and calories easily help you gain and maintain weight. Eat calories rich foods such as pulses, cereals, bread, meat, rice, nuts, and dry fruits. Include vegetables such as French beans, Chinese cabbage, broccoli, carrots, lettuce, asparagus, spinach, eggplants, and pumpkins in your diet. You can also add olive oil in generous amounts to your salads. Also, increase the intake of dairy products to add calories to your regular diet. Avoid cereal bars or fast food.
3. Raise The Number Of Meals
Consume six meals per day including three small meals and three big. Frequently eating every 3-4 hours helps to remain consistent energy levels in the body.
What To Do
- For breakfast: Consume a full bowl of cereal, toasted bread with butter & fruit.
- For snacks: Have dry fruits and nuts, cheese sandwiches or boiled veggies with cream.
- You can include some more items in your dessert tray.
- You can indulge in pizzas, cakes, and burgers.
4. High Proteins And Calories
Only calories will not help you gain weight. You need to add the right quantity of proteins to your diet. Proteins consist of amino acids which are the building blocks of muscles. They will provide you with enough protein to build and tone muscles. Foods rich in proteins include eggs, fish, lean meat, skinless pulses, sprouts, chicken, and dairy products. Besides, fish such as mackerel and tuna are loaded with oil and are also one of the excellent ways to increase weight.
5. Weight Gain Supplements
In a few cases, just the exercise and diet can’t bring results as fast as you expect. Adding some additional supplements to your diet is another method to go about this. In this case, including some supplements such as whey protein helps with the body mass and muscle development. Whey protein is a popular supplement that you can add to smoothies or milk.
II. How To Gain Weight Fast & Safely For Skinny Guys In The Right Ways
A. How To Gain Weight For Women
For some females, gaining weight may be difficult. However, there are lots of ways to safely and efficiently gain one to two pounds per week. More frequent meals and larger portion sizes are some fast tips to add extra calories to your day. Aim for high calorie, nutrient-dense foods to fill out the meals. Remember to incorporate lifestyle changes and healthy workouts into your routine to keep your weight under check.
1. Changing Your Eating Habits
- Take an additional 500 calories a day. It’s safe to gain around 1 to 2 pounds weekly. To achieve this goal, you need to include an extra 500 calories in your daily diet. Eating more nutrient-dense foods is the healthiest method to do this. You should write down everything you consume and how much exercise you perform. Record your weight once per week. Talk with a registered dietitian or doctor to determine your proper weight.
- If you do not like larger meals, consume some small meals. For some people, consuming larger portion sizes can’t be an appealing choice. Try eating six smaller meals all the day. These meals may consist of breakfast, lunch, dinner, and three snacks.
- Before hitting the bed, indulge in a snack. If you eat a small meal or snack before your bedtime, your body can’t burn it off before sleeping. Besides, during sleep, your body builds more muscle. Having a snack before sleeping provides the body with the nutrients necessary for building more lean muscle. Try to eat a bowl of cheese or pasta and crackers if you like savory foods. You can also consume a serving of ice cream, a bowl of fruit, or several pieces of chocolate.
- Avoid drinking half an hour before each meal. Liquids may fill you up, which in turn makes it harder to finish a full meal.
- Before eating meals, promote your appetite. There are lots of things you can perform to feel hungrier before you eat. A few simple ways to increase your appetite are:
- Eat in a comfortable, calm atmosphere. If you are distracted or tense, you may not want to consume as much.
- Before meals, take a short walk, as exercise can assist you in feeling hungrier.
2. Choosing The Right Drinks And Foods
- Consume nutrient-dense and high-calorie foods. Processed meals and fast food may be full of calories, but they supply empty calories that do not hold many useful nutrients. Nutrient-dense foods possess more calories along with more good fats, minerals, vitamins, and protein. For vegetables, eat corn, peas, winter squash, and potatoes. Within the dairy group, choose cheese, frozen yogurt, ice cream, and whole milk. For fruits, eat bananas, raisins, pineapples, avocados, and dried fruits. When it comes to grains, choose bread such as pumpernickel and whole wheat. Whole wheat bread, wheat germ, and bran muffins are also good options.
- If you want to build muscle, you need to consume more protein. Building muscle is an excellent way to gain weight. Protein aids your body in building muscle mass. Eggs and lean meats are abundant in protein. A few good vegetarian choices include nuts, peas, beans, and hummus. Protein shakes and bars make for great snacks since they comprise extra protein together with other nutrients.
- Add extra ingredients to your meals. You can stir nutritious, high-calorie powders or foods into your preferred meals to add extra calories. Some great tips to do this are:
- Sprinkle nuts over your cereals or salad.
- Spread butter, cream cheese, or nut butter over crackers, toast, or rolls.
- Stir powdered milk into soups, stews, beverages, and sauces.
- Sprinkle cheese over your soups, casseroles, scrambled eggs, sandwiches, and salads.
- Stir ground flaxseed into cereals, salads, and smoothies.
- Aim for three food ground in a meal. Do not just consume one type of food when consuming a meal or snack. Instead, incorporate several various food groups into a meal. For instance, don’t just consume toast. Try to top it with peanut butter and add sliced bananas on top. If you eat eggs in the morning, try to scramble them with pepper & sausage. Don’t just eat a cup of yogurt, try sprinkling berries and granola on top.
- Cook with butter and oil. Cooking foods in butter and oil will increase the total number of calories of a dish without including more food on your plate. You can cook with olive oil, coconut oil, butter, or canola oil.
- Try to drink high-calorie drinks in between your meals if you cannot stomach a snack. Protein shakes, milkshakes, smoothies, and milk are good options.
3. Adjusting Your Lifestyle
- Deal with any underlying medical issues. Certain conditions and medications may make it hard to gain weight. So, make sure you are treating your medical condition. Check with a doctor to find the suitable options for you.
- Talk to your registered dietitian because she or he can assist you in designing meal plans to achieve your weight aims healthily. Also, they can provide advice about stimulating your appetite or exercising.
- Quit smoking because smoking can suppress your appetite and affect your sense of smell and taste. If you can’t quit smoking, try avoiding smoking for one or two hours before eating a meal.
- Begin strength training to build your muscle. Strength training is particularly good since it helps to build your muscles, thus allowing you to gain weight. You can also practice body weight exercises such as Pilates or yoga. Avoid too much aerobic exercise or cardio, as they may inhibit you from gaining weight. Good strength training exercises are squats, overhead presses, deadlifts, bench presses, dips, chin-ups, barbell rows, crunches, leg presses, bicep curls, and leg curls.
B. How To Gain Weight For Men
Gaining weight can be a challenge for some men. The key to gain weight quickly is to stick to a workout routine and eat more every day. You can reach your weight aims and enhance your self-confidence by being persistent & committed.
1. By Eating
- Eat more than three meals a day. Eat not just when you are hungry yet throughout the day. To gain weight fast, aim to eat five meals per day. You can eat snacks such as dense granola bars, bananas, and peanut butter because they pack in calories.
- At every meal, eat plenty of calories. Consuming five low-calorie and small meals is not going to cut it; they have got to be big and high in calories. Eat a restaurant-sized meal with big portions of meat, a carbohydrate, and vegetables.
- Opt for whole foods packed with nutrients. Eat food that is nutrient rich and nourishing to gain healthy weight. While you can easily gain weight by eating large pizzas daily and drinking sugary sodas, this can cause you to gain fat and harm your metabolism. Try the following when you are selecting food to eat:
- Look for unprocessed foods. For example, instead of instant oatmeal, choose old-fashioned and choose fresh chicken.
- Cool as lots of meals from scratch as possible. Stay away from getting frozen dinners, snack foods, and fast food, which come with a lot of sugar, salt, and other fillers that are not nutritious.
- Drink plenty of water daily because water will assist your body in processing the extra calories and protein you are taking in. Consume some glasses with every meal to stay away from getting dehydrated. Also, you can consume unsweetened tea, flavored water, 4-8 ounces of fruit juice, and other healthy beverages. Avoid overconsumption of Gatorade together with other sports drinks because they consist of a lot of sugar.
- Focus on protein, carbohydrates, and fats since these macronutrients will aid you in gaining weight.
- Proteins: Eggs, tuna, salmon, and other fishes; pork chops, pork roast, and ham; lean beef burgers & steaks; chicken breasts and thighs; and bison.
- Fats: Olive oil, canola oil, safflower oil, grapeseed oil, and coconut oil; avocados, almonds, walnuts, flaxseeds.
- Carbohydrates: Fruits and vegetables; lentils, peas, and beans; honey; whole grain bread, brown rice, whole grain pasta & other whole grain products.
2. By Building Muscle Mass
- Focus on weight training because it is the fantastic way to get bigger. It is an exercise form designed to make the muscle stronger and larger. You can practice this exercise at home or a gym. Do it a few times per week. You can also do resistance exercises, which work the muscles without using weights.
- Work out various muscle groups. It is best to spend equal time working out the arms, chest, back, legs, and abdomen. Plan out your week, and thus you can aim each muscle group evenly.
- Enjoy a protein shake instantly after each workout. A study shows that every shake is perfect for improving your endurance while exercising. After exercising, have a banana, a sports energy shake, a pinch of dried fruit instantly.
- Allow your muscles to rest between exercise sessions. This way is important to help the muscles get stronger and bigger. Remember to wait at least two days before you work the same muscle again. Besides, you need to get 8-9 hours of sleep nightly for optimum gains.
3. By Knowing What To Avoid
- Limit cardio sessions. You are using up energy that can be instead funneled toward the growth of muscle when you run, swim, bike, and perform other cardio exercises. When you are trying to gain weight, limit your cardio to twenty to thirty minutes every day. You can also select lower-intensity exercises such as hiking or walking.
- Avoid getting stuck in a rut. Your body can adapt quickly, thus if you do not change your exercise routine occasionally, you’ll hit a plateau. Alter your routine once a week. You can decrease or increase the number of sets or reps, or simply alter the order in which you do your routines.
- Don’t neglect signs you’re training too hard or gaining too fast. If you undergo an injury during a workout, see a doctor immediately. Before taking any supplements, ask your physician.
III. Surprising Home Remedies For Weight Gain
Below are some of the natural home remedies to gain weight quickly without too much effort.
1. Mango Remedy For Weight Gain
How Does It Work
Mango is a juicy, delicious fruit that is chock-full of vitamins and minerals. It is also free of cholesterol, fat, and sodium. Your body will store the fructose from this fruit as fat and energy. Consequently, it aids you in putting on weight. However, eating mangoes alone won’t aid weight gain. You must eat them with milk.
What To Do
- Simply, consume a mango milkshake two times every day for a month.
- You can also take a ripe mango and eat it followed by one glass of milk. Repeat this process twice or thrice per day for around one month.
Side Effects Of Mangoes
Certain people are allergic to mangoes. These allergies can include food hypersensitivity, contact dermatitis, etc.
2. Egg Remedy For Weight Gain
How Does It Work
Eggs are high in fat, protein, and calories, which help increase weight naturally. The fat in eggs provides energy while the protein gives your body the body building blocks for muscles. They are also high in Omega-3 fats that aid in body cell health and joint mobility.
What To Do
Take the 3-4 eggs and eat their egg part every day. You can eat scrambled egg whites or egg-white omelets for breakfast every day for a minimum of one month.
Don’t eat raw eggs because they can lead to serious health problems.
3. Fig Remedy For Weight Gain
How Does It Work
Figs help to add healthy calories to the diet because they’re mainly made of polyunsaturated fats. In addition to this, figs help you gain weight since they are loaded with carbohydrates.
What To Do
- Pick up 5-6 dried figs and soak them in water overnight. The following day, consume them in two parts throughout the day. Follow this way every day for around 30 days for desired results.
- Also, take two dried figs and soak them in milk overnight. Then, eat them before breakfast. Repeat this routine for two months.
Side Effects Of Figs
People allergic to birch pollen or rubber latex may be allergic to figs. If you are allergic to jackfruit, sugar apple, and Osage orange, you can be allergic to figs. Eating too many figs can lead to loose stools or diarrhea.
4. Raisin Remedy For Weight Gain
How Does it Work
Raisins can assist you in gaining weight naturally and fast since they are chock-full of essential fatty acids. Apart from that, it provides your body with important nutrients.
What To Do
- Just consume 1/5 cup of dried raisins a day for around one month.
- Alternatively, get 1/5 cup of raisins together with six dried figs and soak these ingredients in water all night. Eat this mixture in two parts the next day. Do this method for one month.
Side Effects Of Raisins
Some individuals develop allergies to raisins. While some others experience breathing problems or wheezing problems and there are individuals with carbohydrate overload. Vomiting, diarrhea, and fever are a few side effects in people eating raisins.
5. Bean Remedy For Weight Gain
How Does It Work
Beans are perfect for gaining weight, as they are rich in calories. Along with that, they are also full of fiber, carbohydrates, and protein. You can eat them as a snack or eat any time of the day.
What To Do
To gain weight, you can consume a variety of beans such as red beans, black beans, soy beans, lima beans, kidney beans, and lentils. Make bean salad or bean soup and enjoy them fresh every day for 1-2 months.
Side Effects Of Beans
The fiber in beans helps to move food through your intestines, thus preventing constipation. Too many beans can sometimes cause diarrhea.
6. Clarified Butter Remedy For Weight Gain
How Does It Work
Clarified butter is ideal for increasing your body weight since it comes with saturated fat and calories. Moreover, it helps the body absorb more minerals and vitamins that are potent in lubricating stiff joints and giving the skin a healthy glow.
What To Do
Prepare one teaspoon each of clarified butter and sugar. Mix these ingredients and eat the mixture twice every day, at least half an hour before having your lunch and dinner. For quick results, follow this remedy for a month.
Side Effects Of Clarified Butter
People who have some abdominal discomfort or those with diseases like jaundice should avoid using clarified butter because it can cause some significant troubles in the organs.
7. Banana Remedy For Weight Gain
How Does It Work
Bananas are full of calories, which give you an immediate energy lift while helping you gain weight. This fruit is also rich in manganese, which aids digestion, preventing bone diseases and regulating bowel movements.
What To Do
Just eat 1-2 ripe bananas for breakfast. After that, consume one glass of warm milk, combined with one teaspoon of clarified butter and a little sugar. You should do this breakfast routine for one month to gain weight quickly.
Side Effects Of Bananas
If you’re allergic to kiwi, chestnut or avocado, you may be allergic to bananas. Don’t eat bananas before sleeping, as it can result in insomnia.
Try some of these tips and natural remedies until you attain your desired weight. Besides, you also need to be patient while following the above ways because they will take the time to show results. Do you know other easy ways on how to gain weight fast and safely for women and men missed in this article? Then feel free to share any tip you have with us. All of the contents provided in this article are for informational & educational purposes. We recommend you consult a healthcare professional to determine which method is appropriate for you.