Papaya is considered as one of the delicious fruits and favored fruits for both adults and kids. Its color and consistency are so much attractive for all of us, and the good news is that it is always available through the year. This fruit is very rich in fibers, antioxidants, and minerals and vitamins that make it become the healthiest fruits that you can consume. In addition, you can get many beauty benefits of papaya for skin and hair. Therefore, it can become a part of your everyday beauty regime. Today, Beauty Talk will give you top 13 natural beauty benefits of papaya for skin and hair. You should have a look at this article to discover more about these ways because they are really useful for you when you want to take care of your skin with this delicious fruit.
Top 13 Natural Beauty Benefits Of Papaya For Skin And Hair
1. Remove Dead Skin Cells with Papaya
The first benefit in the list of natural beauty benefits of papaya for skin is that it helps to get rid of all the dead skin cells on your skin effectively. Papaya contains a fruit enzyme called papain that works as a natural exfoliator. Regular exfoliation is very beneficial for all the skin types, whether it has scars or not. Exfoliants, like fruit acids, help to loosen the dead, dry skin cells, allowing it to get washed away safely. If these dead skin cells are not sloughed away, they may clog your skin pores and contribute to the formation of acne and pimples.
Besides, papaya is rich in vitamin A; so if you have scars, it also aids you in fading away them by pulling out the dead skin cells, generating the new cells, and replacing the damaged cells.
- Mashed papaya – 2 tablespoons
- Aloe vera gel – 1 teaspoon
- At first, mix the mashed papaya with aloe vera gel together in a bowl.
- Then, apply the mixture to the face and leave it on for 5 minutes.
- After that, wash it off clearly with tepid water.
- Finally, pat your skin dry with a soft towel.
2. Beauty Benefits Of Papaya For Skin – Hydrate Your Skin
As you know, water plays a vital role in keeping your skin healthy because it moisturizes your skin and keeps it hydrated. At the same time, water also helps to get rid of impurities out of the skin. And papaya contains about 80 percent of water, which makes it become a great fruit for keeping the skin hydrated. Whether eating papaya fruit or drinking its juice or smoothie, it is an excellent way of giving hydration to the body and skin. In addition, applying this fruit externally is also beneficial in keeping the skin hydrated. Besides, the enzymes found in papaya eliminate all the traces of dry, flaky skin and leave your skin hydrated.
When mixed properly, it may be used as a wonderful face pack to hydrate the skin. So, hydrating the skin to keep it smooth, soft, and moisturized is one of other beauty benefits of papaya for skin that you should know.
- Blend half a cup of ripe papaya finely to form a fine paste. You may also add 1/2 teaspoon of raw honey to it. Then, apply the mixture to your face & neck. Now, leave it on there for 15 minutes and then wash it off clearly with cool water. Finally, pat your skin dry with a clean washcloth.
- Add ripe papaya to your diet. You may enjoy this fruit by blending it with other hydrating fruits such as cucumber and watermelon to create smoothies.
3. Brighten Your Skin Complexion
Applying a papaya mask to the skin will help you to get a smooth and bright skin.
One of other useful beauty benefits of papaya for skin is to lighten your skin complexion. It has natural bleaching properties that help to clear pigmentation and blemishes. Moreover, its cleansing properties aid in clearing the impurities on your skin. The vitamin C present in it also assists you in protecting your skin cells from the sun damage. The antioxidants in it fight off the free radicals in the body and prevent them from damaging the body and skin cells.
Besides, using the extracts of this fruit can bring the shine and glow to the skin thanks to the vitamin E present in the papaya. It aids in peeling off the dark layers and dead cells. When used regularly, it may help you to remove freckles, pigmentation, acne scars, sun spots, and more.
- Firstly, take the fleshy part of one ripe papaya slice and then rub it on the face, neck, legs, and hands. Then, allow it to dry naturally. Finally, wash it off well with cold water. Repeat this method for 3 or 4 times per week.
- Another option, make a face mask by mixing half a cup of mashed papaya and the fresh juice of a lemon. Then, massage this mixture on your face and neck. Now, leave it on there for about a half of an hour before washing it off clearly with cold water. Repeat this way for at least 1 time per week.
- Also, you may also blend a cup of green papaya with 1 teaspoon each of honey, plain yogurt, and vitamin E oil in a paste. Then, gently massage this paste on your skin. Now, wait for 10 or 15 minutes and then wash it off clearly with cool water.
4. Fight Pimples And Acne
Papaya is very effective in giving relief from pimples and acne that are regarded as a major skin issue affecting millions of people in the world. Although there are various factors causing acne but one of the most common factors is the clogged skin pores by dust, impurities, pollutants, etc. Papaya has papain, an enzyme, which is famous for its skin cleansing effects helping to remove impurities and dust out of the clogged pores and make these pores unclogged again. This gives relief from pimples and acne, and being a natural exfoliating agent; papaya is beneficial for getting rid of dry, dead skin cells.
- You extract the juice of some raw papaya pieces. Then, apply this juice to the affected skin with the help of a cotton ball. Now, allow it to sit on there for 10 minutes. Finally, rinse it off with tepid water. Do this remedy for 1 time daily to remove acne and pimples.
- Or, you can also gently rub a raw papaya piece on the skin for 10 minutes. After that, wash it off with tepid water. Repeat this way for once daily.
To prevent pimples, acne, and blemishes, add raw and ripe papaya to your diet.
5. Avoid Early Signs Of Skin Aging
Papaya contains a great source of compounds such as the alpha hydroxyl acid and vitamin E and vitamin C. These compounds play a vital role in protecting the skin from the early signs of skin aging such as dark spots, wrinkles, fine lines, etc. Being an antioxidant, vitamin C protects the skin from premature skin aging by fighting the free radicals of the body. Therefore, it will prevent them from damaging the skin cells. Besides, the Alpha hydroxyl acids aid in dissolving your dead skin cells and preventing aging signs such as fine lines and wrinkles. Both vitamin E and vitamin C also helps to rejuvenate the skin and make it look younger and refreshed. Regular consumption of this fruit either in the fruit or juice form is very beneficial, and applying papaya externally is also great for protecting the skin from premature aging. This is also another benefit in the list of beauty benefits of papaya for skin that I want to share with you.
- Firstly, mash half a cup of overripe papaya thoroughly.
- Then, mix it with 1 tablespoon of milk and a few drops of honey.
- Now, apply this mixture to your face & neck.
- After that, allow it to be on there for 15 minutes.
- Finally, rinse it off clearly with clean water.
- Do this face mask for once or twice per week.
In addition, you may also eat papaya every day to delay the signs of early aging.
6. Fight Crow’s Feet And Wrinkles
The vitamin C in papaya contains an antioxidant property that makes it beneficial in reducing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines around your mouth and forehead and minimizing crow’s feet at the outside corners of your eyes.
In addition, this vitamin found in papaya also aids in combating free radicals that can damage the collagen and elastin of your skin.
Besides, papaya peel has enzymes that help to get rid of all the dead skin cells from the skin surface. This aids in removing wrinkles and age spots. If you are a person who loves using the natural ingredients to take care of the skin, do not skip this tip because this is the most important beauty benefits of papaya for skin.
- You can take a small piece of fresh papaya and then gently rub it around the eye areas for about 5 minutes. Next, leave it on for about 10 minutes and then wash it off with clean water. Do this for once daily to remove crow’s feet.
- Another option, you can make a paste by mixing 1 tablespoon of mashed papaya pulp with 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil. Then, apply this paste to the affected area and allow it to be on there for 20 minutes. Finally, wash it off clearly with cool water and then apply a moisturizer to it. Repeat this way every other day.
7. Fade Away Spots On Your Skin with Papaya
Papaya is a very effective fruit that not only helps to treat black spots, brown spots, acne spots, knee spots, and dark elbow but also removes tan from the skin. These beauty benefits of papaya for skin are due to the presence of a few enzymes such as alpha hydroxy acids and papain in it.
In addition, papaya also tones your skin and improves your skin complexion effectively.
- Firstly, mix 1/4 cup of mashed papaya, 1 tablespoon of lime juice, and half a tablespoon of raw honey in a bowl.
- Then, apply this paste on the affected skin.
- Now, let it dry naturally before washing it off thoroughly with plain water.
- Apply this face mask for 3 or 4 times per week to reduce skin spots.
8. Reduce Unwanted Facial Hair with Papaya
Getting rid of facial hair is another benefit listed in the beauty benefits of papaya for skin. This advantage is due to the high amount of an enzyme called papain present in papaya. Remember that this papain enzyme in raw papaya is higher than in ripe papaya. Applying a raw papaya piece regularly can make the hair follicles on the face become weaker. According to experiments, this papain enzyme from the papaya peel can also inhibit hair growth. However, this can irritate your sensitive skin; discontinue using it if you get burning, rash, redness, or irritation.
- Firstly, mix half a cup of mashed papaya with half a teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Then, apply this paste to the affected area and leave it on there for 20 minutes.
- After that, scrub off this paste.
- Finally, rinse your face with tepid water.
- Do this method for once per week.
- Another option, gently rub a piece of unripe green papaya peel on the skin for 1 minute and then leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes before rinsing it off. You can do this way every day.
9. Beauty Benefits Of Papaya – Make Your Skin Softer
When you use a mask with papaya on your skin, the enzyme in it will soften the skin, stimulate circulation, and help to fight free radicals that will damage the skin. This mask from the papaya is very high in antioxidants and dissolves the dead skin cells, which will leave you a smoother, softer, and flawless skin. In addition, it can even aid in eliminating fine lines and wrinkles and reducing the appearance of blemishes and age spots.
Besides, it really works well to help you in reducing pigmentation.
- 1/2 banana
- 1/4 overripe papaya
- 1/4 cucumber
- Firstly, add the overripe papaya piece, banana, and cucumber in a blender.
- Then, blend them well and then slather it on your face.
- Now, leave it on for 15 minutes before rinsing it off clearly with warm water.
- Finally, remove the mask completely with cold water. Use a towel to pat your face dry.
10. Treat Cracked Heels
Normal skin contains a group of enzymes known as proteases that can digest the proteins holding the skin cells. As the skin cycles, the enzymes are activated resulting in the normal sloughing off of your skin. For a few reason, these enzymes aren’t working in the thick skin of cracked heels. Papaya contains a protease enzyme also called papain that can be useful in treating this problem. It is a protease, which means that it can break down certain proteins.
Sometimes, cracked heels can be very painful because it gives a rise to peeling skin, red or flaky patches, itchiness, bleeding from cracks, etc. And papaya is very effective in treating cracked heels due to its moisturizing properties.
- At first, mash 1 cup of overripe papaya to make a smooth paste.
- Then, apply this paste to your clean heels and allow it to stand for 15 minutes.
- After that, gently wash your feet with warm water and then pat them dry.
- Finally, apply olive oil to your heels and then wear a pair of cotton socks overnight.
- Repeat this way daily before going to sleep to get soft and smooth heels.
11. Get Rid Of Dandruff
Dandruff is considered as a common hair problem that affects millions of people in the world. And do you know that controlling dandruff is one of other beauty benefits of papaya for hair? This benefit is mainly due to the presence of a few enzymes such as alpha hydroxy acids and papain in this fruit. These enzymes prevent the buildup of impurities and oil on your scalp and reduce the reasons causing dandruff.
- Firstly, blend a raw papaya finely to make a smooth paste.
- Then, add half a cup of yogurt to it and mix them well.
- Now, apply this paste on your scalp and hair.
- After that, leave it on for at least 30 minutes.
- Next, wash it off thoroughly with plain water.
- Finally, shampoo the hair as usual.
- Use this way for once or twice per week to treat dandruff.
12. Nourish Your Hair
Papaya helps to provide nourishment to your hair very effectively thanks to the number of nutrients such as vitamins, enzymes, minerals, etc. present in this fruit. The presence of these enzymes and nutrients boost up the growth of your hair and also improve the strength of your hair. In addition, papaya can also make your hair thicker and shinier and also help to fight baldness.
Besides, the protein found in papaya helps to reduce split ends.
- To prepare a papaya hair mask, mix 1 cup of ripe papaya, 1 cup of ripe banana, 1 cup of yogurt, and 1 tablespoon of coconut or olive oil. Then, apply this mask to your damp hair. Now, cover your hair by using a shower cap for half an hour. Finally, rinse it off thoroughly with warm water. Repeat this method for once per week to get a healthy hair.
- Or, you may also eat papaya regularly for this purpose. You can add both ripe and raw papaya to your diet.
13. Condition Your Hair
Papaya is very excellent in treating a dry and dull hair and makes it softer and hydrated. Because this fruit is also rich in minerals, enzymes, and vitamins, it works as a natural conditioner, which makes your hair smoother. Due to a high content of vitamin A, papaya can promote the production of sebum, a natural oil of your body. This means that this production helps to keep your hair always conditioned and moisturized.
- 1/2 ripe papaya
- 1/2 cup of yogurt
- Firstly, remove the skin and seeds of this papaya piece and then blend it until you get a smooth paste.
- Next, add yogurt to this paste and mix them together.
- Now, apply this paste to your hair from the roots to ends.
- After that, leave it on there for an hour before rinsing it off with a mild shampoo.
If you want to learn more about natural home remedies & beauty tips for other hair and skin problems, go to our main Food for Beauty page. After reading the article of top 13 beauty benefits of papaya for skin and hair, hope that it can help you find out the best methods using papaya to take care of your skin and hair. If you have any question, or you know other beauty benefits of papaya for skin and hair, please leave them below.