In the kitchen, there is a magical ingredient, which will definitely turn your dishes into the most attractive ones in the world. It is baking soda. When hearing about that, you have to admit that this is an indispensable part in every kitchen. But do you know that besides being a great add-in of many dishes, it is also a multifunctional ingredient when offering your body with many benefits? To be more specific, it can put a positive impact on your hair, skin and your whole body. Now, it’s time to Beauty Talk reveals to you 17 amazing benefits of baking soda on health and beauty.
Existing in a form of powder, it is packed with a high content of antiseptic, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, thereby bringing to your body the perfect treatment. Especially when being a beauty treatment, baking soda proves itself an effective ingredient to provide your hair, skin and your whole body with excellent care. It is suggested that you should use the baking soda in a short time and test it before applying it on your body’s parts. Now, let’s dig deep into the benefits of baking soda for hair, skin and body!
Top 17 Benefits Of Baking Soda For Hair, Skin And Body
Firstly, you will be introduced to the benefits of baking soda for hair. Actually, it is mostly used for oily hair to help control the excess oil on your hair bringing the strength and health to both your scalp and hair. So to understand more about its specific feature. Please keep going on!
1. Make Simple Hair Treatment With Baking Soda Mix
Baking soda is mentioned above to be a hub of anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties, it will be great if you can apply it to your hair to get strong and gorgeous hair. It is powerful by itself, so with the first remedy, you just need to make a simple baking soda mix, which is just created by baking soda and water. You can easily attain this remedy at home with available baking soda in the kitchen and some water to help you deal with smelly and oily hair.
It can be said that these are the main reasons leading to the loss of confidence of people and it is certain that everyone wants to get rid of them. Now, with the aid of baking soda, you will not need to worry about the odor or excess oil on your hair because the alkaline nature inside the baking soda will help to neutralize the pH levels as well as the odor and excess oil on your hair effectively. In the end, you will get clean and healthy hair as you want.
- Firstly, you need to prepare a cup of baking soda
- Depending on the length of your hair, you can determine the serving for it. For one serving, you should take 3 tablespoons of baking soda to mix with 9 tablespoons of fresh water
- You will have to stir them well before applying it on your hair as a shampoo
- Next, you use warm water to rinse your hair
- You apply the prepared baking soda mix on your hair for 5 minutes and rinse it off with fresh water to finish.
2. Baking Soda And Apple Cider Vinegar For Gorgeous Hair
You must at least one time experience one of the hair problems like frizzy, tangled, split hair, oily hair or hair loss…You have spent so much money on expensive hair products but got no result. Why don’t you move to another natural treatment like baking soda to help you deal with all these problems and you will be totally convinced by the amazing benefits of baking soda.
As you may know, baking soda is an outstanding ingredient in cleaning or getting rid of the dirt thoroughly. To do this, there must be secret behind that which is the appearance of abrasive particles. This is also utilized to make your hair and scalp become super clean and away from the irritation situation.
In combination with baking soda, there is apple cider vinegar – a familiar ingredient in every kitchen, which can leave the great effect on your hair as well. When applying this mixture on your hair, it is certain that it will help to balance your pH levels, at the same time do away with inflammation and protect your hair from dandruff or other normal hair issues.
The recipe is so simple, you just need to prepare a bottle, baking soda, and some water
- Now, you put 4-5 spoons of baking soda in the bottle of 400 mils, and then you fill the rest of the bottle with warm water.
- Then, you shake the bottle up to get water and baking soda mixed thoroughly.
- This will be used when you taking a shower
- In the bathroom, remember to take this solution with you
- You dampen your hair first and shake the bottle up again to get the solution mixed
- You pour the solution on your hand and apply it directly on your hair
- Rub it and massage it thoroughly to let the solution generate to your hair and scalp
- After a few minutes, you will use clean water to wash the mixture off.
- You should use this method week by week to get gorgeous hair after a short time.
3. Combine Baking Soda With Cornstarch
In dealing with some normal hair problems as oily or smelly hair, baking soda is considered one of the best options for you to deal with them. No one can deny the benefits of baking soda for such hair problems like that. It helps strengthen hair strand, follicles, and scalp simultaneously increases the anti-inflammatory ability of your hair.
It is great but it will be greater if you can combine baking soda with cornstarch to fortify the power of this method. In fact, cornstarch is a wonderful ingredient to be made into dry shampoo with the aid of baking soda. This is mostly used in some urgent cases when your hair has to face with the oily situation.
- You just need to mix both of these ingredients following the ratio 1:1.
- You apply it on your hair from root to top and tousle your hair gently
- Brush your hair gently and you will see how different your hair has turned to be.
4. Mix Baking Soda With Shampoo To Strengthen Hair
A mild shampoo is a normal way for everyone to follow to get shiny and silky hair.
There is a very effective way that you can take use of to apply on your hair right at home for you to experience the great benefits of baking soda for your hair. It is mixing the baking soda with the mild shampoo.
A mild shampoo is a normal way for everyone to follow to get shiny and silky hair. But sometimes, you will feel it is not enough to get your desired hair. At that time, you will need a more excellent method to help you get strong and clean hair, in addition to soft and smooth hair. In this case, baking soda will be the best choice for you. It will be together with shampoo to provide your hair with perfect treatment to help you gain both soft and clean hair.
You can mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda with your mild shampoo and apply it on your hair 1-2 times per week.
5. Get Rid Of Dandruff With Baking Soda
It can be said one of the most irritating hair problems that people have to suffer from is dandruff. Dandruff happens to you when your scalp becomes weak due to the loss of frequent blood circulation and the imbalance in the pH level. To deal with it, you can go for baking soda. It is certain that your dandruff situation will be treated well and you will not have to face with it after a short time.
Packed with alkaline nature, baking soda will help you to get rid of even the most stubborn and annoying white flake on your hair and scalp. Besides, it will balance the pH level on your scalp and keep it always in good condition.
Now, if you are annoyed with white flakes, go for the instruction below:
- You can dampen your hair and scalp first, then you apply about 1 tablespoon of baking soda on your hair for some minutes. You will rinse it off after that to finish.
- Another option for you is mixing the juice of a lemon with 1 tablespoon baking soda. Once it is stirred well, you take it to apply on your hair gently and leave it there for 2-3 minutes. After that, you rinse it off with water. With this method, you should apply this mixture on your hair and scalp on a weekly basis to get rid of dandruff thoroughly.
You have been introduced to the outstanding benefits of baking soda for hair according to the reveal of several natural methods. You may probably feel how amazing baking soda is. But you should keep going on because baking soda is not just used for hair but for the skin as well. The benefits of baking soda are undeniable and they are presented transparently according to these baking soda methods for skin below. So keep going!
6. Beauty Benefits Of Baking Soda – Treat Acne And Pimple Effectively
Strong and healthy skin is the factor determining the confidence of people. Whether you feel confident or not depends mainly on whether your skin is clean and strong enough. However, sometimes, it is not as good as you expect. You may face with acne, pimple of the dark spot without knowing how to get rid of them to call back your beautiful look. Don’t worry, in this case, baking soda will help you out.
Among the great benefits of baking soda, there are also amazing features that you can take from baking soda to apply on your skin. Specifically, with the above skin problems, you can take some baking soda because it is loaded with anti-inflammatory agents, which are responsible for killing bacteria causing symptoms of acne or oily skin. Besides, baking soda is also in charge of balancing the skin’s pH bringing to your skin the elastic texture and bright color.
- To make this effective remedy, you need to mix 1 teaspoon of baking soda with some water to create a smooth paste
- Then you take this paste to spread on your skin evenly in 1-2 minutes
- After that, you rinse it off with cold water
- You should repeat this remedy on a daily basis for 3 days then 1-2 times per week to get the best result for your skin.
7. Brighten Your Face Skin With Baking Soda
For anyone, skin is the part that needs to be treated carefully because if you don’t look after it carefully, you will have to bear the uneven skin tone which means your face may get the dark spot somewhere. And this is really not a good thing.
If you want to improve the skin complexion and brighten your whole face skin, go for the baking soda and let it help you to deal with this problem. Actually, baking soda can become a magical exfoliant, which can both balance your pH level and rinse off dead cells thoroughly. As a result, you will get the bright and smooth skin with the even skin tone.
With this special remedy, you can follow the first option:
- You need to prepare baking soda, rose water or some fresh water first.
- Then, you take 1-2 teaspoons of baking soda to mix with an equal amount of water or rose water
- Mix them well and apply this solution to your face skin
- Let it sit for 1 minute and then you rub it for a while
- To finish, you rinse it off with clean water and pat it dry
- You should repeat this method 1-2 times per week to get the best result. And don’t forget to use a moisturizer on your skin after using baking soda mix.
Additionally, you can follow another option to get brighter skin
- You will need to mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda with a little lemon juice and 4-5 drops of olive oil.
- Once it is mixed completely, you apply this solution on your face skin and let it sit for 5 minutes
- You rinse it off with cold water after that
- You should reapply this method 2-3 times per week for the best result.
8. Deal With Skin Itchiness And Rashes With Baking Soda
Towards skin, there are still some benefits of baking soda that you should know. Specifically, baking soda can totally be used to deal with the skin itchiness and rashes effectively at home.
All of you must agree that skin itchiness is a really annoying symptom appearing on the skin. It may be caused by external and internal effect on the skin. But whatever the reason is, baking soda is highly recommended for you to combat with itchiness and rashes. Inside the baking soda, you can realize the presence of anti-inflammatory properties, which are the important factor to reduce the inflammation causing the swelling and itchiness on your skin.
You should follow the guide here for clean and healthy skin:
- If you have to cope with just a small area of itchy notes, you can mix baking soda with water with the ratio 3:1.
- You mix it well and apply this paste to the itchy area
- Let it sit for a while and then you rinse it off with cold water
- You should apply this method once per day until you see there is the improvement on your skin.
- If you have to face with the rashes and itchiness spreading over your body,
- You may add 1 cup of baking soda into the bathtub containing cool water
- You mix it well and then soak your body with this solution for 10 minutes per day
- After a short time, your itchiness will be reduced.
- There is just one notice that you should consult a doctor’s advice if the situation is really serious. Don’t take too much baking soda unless you ask for help from a specialist before.
9. Beauty Benefits Of Baking Soda – Treat Sunburn Well
Not everyone wants to possess tanned and sunburnt skin because it may cause the uneven skin tone and this would be the reason why so many people have to face with unnecessary attention from others.
The sunburn may happen to you when you get exposed to the sun for a long time without applying any covering methods. Do you know that the benefits of baking soda can help you to treat sunburn effectively? Yes. It is the truth that baking soda can struggle with the burning and itchy sensation efficiently thanks to its alkaline nature which is considered a soothing effect for your skin. Besides, included in the baking soda are mild antiseptic and drying agents, which will generate to your skin to deal with sunburn effectively.
So now, get back your even skin tone and bright skin with baking soda
In the first option,
- You can mix 1-2 tablespoon of baking soda with some cold water
- Then you take a clean cloth to dip into this solution
- Squeeze it to flush out the excess water then you use it to apply on the tanned area for 5-15 minutes
- You should reapply this method 2-3 times per day until you see there is an improvement on your skin
In the second option,
- You can put ½ cup of baking soda to a bathtub of cool water
- You mix it well and then soak your body in this solution for 10-15 minutes
- When being done, you get out and pat dry your whole body
- You should follow this method once per day for several days to get rid of suntanned skin fast.
10. Whiten Your Skin With Baking Soda And Honey
It will be a huge shortcoming if there is a lack of baking soda and honey mixture for white skin. This is going to make an outstanding mixture for you to attain strong and white skin. Why is that? Because baking soda is the naturally alkaline ingredient, and this can put the positive impact on your skin, help to protect your skin from harmful external effects like sun ray or pollutants. In short, it will make your skin become clean and fresh all the time. At the same time, the honey is in charge of moisturizing your skin and keeping it always in the hydrating situation. With honey, you will get soft and white skin as you want. In general, you should take use of this method for white and clean skin.
- You will need to mix baking soda with raw honey to make a fine paste. Then you just need to apply this paste on your skin and leave it for 15 minutes. Rinse it off with water to finish.
- Alternatively, you can also mix 1 teaspoon of baking soda with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and ½ teaspoon of raw honey to make a paste. Then you use this paste to apply on your skin and massage it gently. After 10 minutes, you use tepid water to rinse the mask off. It will be best if you apply this method 1 time per week.
11. Get Gorgeous Skin With Baking Soda And Oat Flour
All of you have to admit that the benefits of baking soda are outstanding. Especially, with your skin, the anti-inflammatory and antiseptic, as well as the alkaline nature of baking soda, can have the chance to take action. Applying baking soda on your skin is an intellectual way to help you get a strong skin.
In addition to baking soda, such kind of cereal like oat flour is also a rich source of beneficial properties that may make your skin become lighter and whiter. When both of these ingredients are combined, it will make the most effective exfoliant for your skin to remove dead skin cells and nurture the smooth skin texture.
In the first option,
- You may mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda, 2 tablespoons of oat flour with some water
- After getting it mixed thoroughly, you apply this paste on your skin evenly
- You rub it gently and let it sit for 2-3 minutes, then you wash it off with clean water.
In the second option,
- You may mix 4-5 tablespoons of oat flour with 2-3 teaspoons of baking soda, 1 teaspoon of honey and a little of water
- You mix them well and apply the paste on your face
- Leave it there for 10-15 minutes then rinse it off with clean water.
12. Make Paste From Baking Soda And Tomato
It is a very common approach to getting gorgeous skin and also a great way for your skin to adopt the most fabulous benefits of baking soda. So many women have tried this method and got a very brilliant result. You may also want to take it because tomato is packed with a high content of vitamin C and minerals, which can purify your skin and protect it from being affected by external impurities. Meanwhile, baking soda can help you to get strong and fresh skin because of its carrying anti-inflammatory properties.
- Starting with this remedy, you need to prepare a tomato and baking soda
- You mix squeezed tomato juice with 1 teaspoon of baking soda to create a paste
- Then you apply the paste on your face evenly
- You leave it there for 15 minutes and wash it off with water after that
- You should reapply this method on a regular basis to get the best result.
13. Beauty Benefits Of Baking Soda, Yogurt, Lemon Juice And Egg
It must be one of the perfect remedies for skin with the aid of so many beneficial ingredients. With this remedy, you can see the most amazing benefits of baking soda. Besides, you can also realize the great benefits of yogurt, egg, and lemon juice when being combined with baking soda to make the best skin treatment.
Baking soda is used to strengthen and exfoliate skin, the lemon juice will provide your skin with cleansing with vitamin C, yogurt will help to nourish and the egg will help to soften your skin thoroughly. In short, this is really a magical method that you should take use of to get an attractive skin.
- Firstly, you will need to cleanse your skin with cleanser and let it dry
- Then you mix 2 tablespoons of baking soda, 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice, 1 egg and ¼ cup of plain yogurt
- Once you get the desired paste, you apply it on your skin and let it be there for 15-20 minutes
- Rinse it off with warm and cold water after that
- You let your face dry and don’t forget to moisturize your face then
- Reapply this method 2 times per week for the greatest result.
You have known about the amazing benefits of baking soda towards hair and skin. So how about other parts of your body? Of course, it also takes strong effect on other parts of teeth, nail,…on your body to make them more improved in the situation. So keep going on.
14. Brighten Your Teeth With Baking Soda
Nothing is greater than a happy smile with bright and white teeth. However, not everyone can do that due to the appearance of yellow teeth. This may be caused by the careless action of people like the lack of teeth brushing or the abuse of many substances having the harmful effect on your teeth.
You may be depressed by that, but why don’t you take some baking soda to deal with this situation? Actually, baking soda can take effect as a mild abrasive which is able to turn your yellow teeth into white ones. In addition, it can also help to ward off the plaque out of your teeth by controlling well the acids caused by bacteria
- You can mix some baking soda with your toothpaste and then use it to brush your teeth daily in 2 minutes. Apply this method once per day for several days to get a shining smile.
- You can also mix baking soda (2 tbsp) with a little amount of turmeric root powder (about 4 tbsp) and 3 tbsp of coconut oil. Then you take some of this paste to brush your teeth one time per day to get white teeth again.
15. Treat Discolored Nails Effectively With Baking Soda
Stained and yellow nails are what people never want to possess. It makes your hands look so ugly and may make you feel uncomfortable. To deal with this problem, you should take use of benefits of baking soda, which means you can let the excellent properties inside the baking soda to remove the stain.
- You can put 1 tablespoon of baking soda, ½ cup of water and 1 teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide in a bowl. Then you mix them well to get a dissolved solution. You just need to soak your nails in this mixture for 2-3 minutes. Reapply this method once per 2 weeks.
- You can also mix 2.5 teaspoons of baking soda with 1 tbsp of 3% hydrogen peroxide in order to make a fine paste. You will use a cotton ball to soak into this solution and then apply to your nails. Leave it there for 2 minutes and rinse it off with warm water. Reapply this method once per 2 weeks for the best result.
16. Health & Beauty Benefits Of Baking Soda – Get Rid Of Body Odor
You are suffering from the body odor and this repeatedly causes you some trouble that you don’t know how to get rid of it. Especially with severe body odor, you may want to take the benefits of baking soda. Baking soda can help to deodorize your body smell by absorbing the sweat and moisture from skin effectively and mitigate the body odor efficiently. Besides, it is packed with antibacterial properties, baking soda can help to kill all the bacteria causing your odor thoroughly.
- You can combine 1/8 teaspoon of baking soda with 1 tablespoon of water and some essential oil like rosemary, lavender oil…You soak a cotton all on this solution and use it to rub on your underarms or parts causing the odor excessively. You can use it on a regular basis to get rid of body odor.
- Alternatively, you can also mix baking soda and cornstarch in an equal ratio. Then you use this as a dry deodorizer to apply on underarms or other parts to prevent the odor effectively.
17. Remove Nail Fungus With Baking Soda
It can be said one of the enemies of nail fungus is the anti-inflammatory properties. Fortunately, loaded with baking soda is a high content of anti-inflammatory, so if you are bearing the nail fungus situation, you should immediately grab some baking soda to let it ward off your nail fungus thoroughly.
Nail fungus is caused when there are the fungi developing inside your nails. It usually results in the discolored, damaged, smelly…nails, more importantly, the long-time discomfort. To deal with this, you should really take some baking soda now.
- You can mix 2 tablespoons of baking soda with 1 cup of raw apple cider vinegar. Then you just need to soak your nails in this solution for 5 minutes. After that time, you pat the nails dry. Repeat this method 2 times per day for the best result.
- You can also mix 1-2 teaspoons of baking soda together with warm water and then apply it to your nails for some minutes. In the end, you rinse it off with water. Reapply this method 1 time per day for the clear improvement.
Above are all about the benefits of baking soda for hair, skin and body. It can be said that baking soda may have a different effect on each part of your body, but in the end, it all makes your hair, skin and body become stronger and perfect. You should refer the remedies that may suit you best to experience the great impact from it on your body. Gradually, you will be more and more attractive with the aid of totally natural ingredient – baking soda. Remember that baking soda is sometimes harsher than you think, so it is essential that you test it beforehand.
If you have any questions or comments on this article, please leave them in the comment box.
For any other articles relating to this topic, come and visit our main Foods For Beauty page.